Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:18:08 AM
713330 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  DARK SHADOWS (1966-71) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: DARK SHADOWS (1966-71)  (Read 12700 times)
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2020, 01:14:48 AM »

oh hell i think it's episode #210 where Barnabas joins the show, i have the entire series on dvd and i'm currently watching it off and on i'm on episode #91.

that would be the end of october of (1966) i dunno why no one ever starts with episode number #1 it's a great show before they started to do supernatural/horror.
it just starts out pretty slow and it can for first timer take some time to get into the show that's all. David though in the early days was a kid that needed to be spanked quite a bit cause he was a terror. thankfully later on he wasn't, DS is a show you have to see all the episodes or else you don't know what the hell is going on.
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2020, 11:46:33 PM »

i just started watching from day one about a 2 weeks ago, and agree with you. and what got me was that i totally forgot that the sobbing lady was there right from the beginning too! david, yeah, a total brat, but he grew up fast in some ways, where as carolyn DIDN'T. she always annoyed me as a kid watching, she was just TOOO much like the so called grownups in the younger generation in my little town. rude, entitled, bratty, immature and took everyone for granted, i despised people like that at the age of 5 and still do.

don't EVEN...EVER!
pennywise37

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2020, 12:18:33 AM »

i think later on she did do some growing up but i agree early on she is very immature. did you know that Florence Stanly which i think i spelled her name wrong? she was the sobbing woman that you heard. when first watched the start of the early years ago in the early 2000's it took me what felt like forever to get into it cause it starts off so damn slow. but once they stop introducing the characters around the #30th episode or so or 30 something i forget the number it starts to get good. for me Burke is a really good character and it breaks my heart that he later was fired from the show due to his drinking.

but i do think the early years are vastly underrated
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2020, 04:55:59 PM »

i did NOT know that, and i love trivia, i'll put that tidbit in the DS vault. i read somewhere recently that burke( mitchell ryan) passed away, but i haven't seen any more info.
  i've gotten to the point where we first actually SEE the ghost of josette, interesting cinematography there. and the guy who plays the older mr garner, he's got the BEST scary stare!

don't EVEN...EVER!
pennywise37

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2020, 05:19:16 PM »

harvey Keitel also dId a couple episodes but He was just an extra and he Had no dialog at all.  Susan Sullivan also apparently was on it too but i forget who she was suppose to play and i'm not even sure when she was even on it. what i find really funny is that David Hensey spelling? used to smoke with the other kids in Joan Bennett's dressing room cause it smelled of her perfume. though i cant' see David do that but apparently he did.

the only reason we even got Quentin at all is cause J. Frid was having a hard time with remembering his lines so he wanted a lighter load so they created Quentin who is my favorite Character. in fact check out IMDB trivia it's amazing how when i first started checking that out there was like 2 or 3 things and that's about it now if you look at it now it's got a LOT of trivia in there.
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2020, 08:35:35 PM »

oh, i ADORED quentin and had the worst crush on him ! and i love david selby forever, he has beautiful eyes.  Cheers

don't EVEN...EVER!
pennywise37

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2020, 11:21:40 PM »

it's hard to believe he's gonna be i think 80 this year, check out the audio plays by Big Finnish those are so worth it
ralfy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2020, 06:32:12 AM »

That's a great show. I finished the whole thing a few months ago.

One of the best parts for me involved John Hall playing the first Willie Loomis.

Why, hello, Carolyn!

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1 Small | Large

pennywise37

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2020, 09:14:59 AM »

you know the only reason he left the show & was recast was because he just could not read the teleprompter he was having trouble with it & in fact that's why some of them left. David Ford had the same issues which was why he was made blind and why his ghost had glasses on. Mark Allen the first Sam Evans also had the same issue & i think the first Matthew Morgan as well i believe. oh i'm sure there were others as well but those are the ones i can think off at the top of my head. & i think that's why Frank Schofield  also was killed off and why they didn't just replace him i dunno?  he played Bill Malloy.

i had to look that one up cause i forgot who played him or the characters name for that matter. we lost Alexandra Isles really only for one reason she got knocked up & she wanted to come back after she had her son but she said if i come back i want to play another character a Villain like everyone else seems to be doing cause the entire cast was playing different characters but her so it made sense that she'd want to do that but for some stupid ass reason they said no.
as she got tired of how stupid Vicki was and how her character was pretty bland if you think about it. there was no depth or any challenge to play her at all and she wanted that and i can't say that i blame her.

the reason given was they didn't want the audience to get confused by her playing a different character i believe they said but than they had everyone else do it, actually now that i'm thinking more about it Vicki was in their eyes the character we as an audience who is relatable and who asks the questions we can't ask. which i do get don't get me wrong but there no doubt could have been a way to work around that i'm sure. no doubt we would have found out she was Liz's daughter at some point i think had she stayed
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  DARK SHADOWS (1966-71) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.