Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:17:35 PM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What did you get your loved ones for Christmas « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What did you get your loved ones for Christmas  (Read 2802 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: November 30, 2019, 07:50:07 PM »

I got my dad Criterion copies of The Silence of the Lambs and The Princes Bride.

For my sister I got her a copy of Rocketman (Elton John biopic) and a sushi cookbook.

I don't have anything for my mom yet.

claws
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 08:26:53 PM »

Gift cards for local stores and / or online shopping, which are always highly appreciated. I usually put them in small christmas themed paper bags and will include a few goodies like christmas cookies, tiny jars of seasonal spreads, some holiday spice mix, 6.7 oz bottle of champagne. Stuff like that. Last year I also included small LED christmas trees with flashing lights.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 08:51:03 PM »

It's a little early for me. I'll get most of my family booze, which I can get at the last minute.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2019, 08:57:46 PM »

I think this year I'll just get everybody a membership in Organ Meat of the Month Club. I think my children will especially be good with that, yeah.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2019, 10:36:59 PM »

Wait - you can buy Christmas presents before Dec. 24?  Is that even legal?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2019, 10:57:54 PM »

TeddyR TeddyR

You beat me to the punch this year in making the Christmas gift giving thread.

here's who's getting what my brother is getting:

2 giant puzzles with 1000 and 1500 pieces each - he likes those for some reason

and Jane Austen's Mafia, which is trash but we liked as kids so

my mom is getting a Barnes and Noble gift card and the book Life of Pi

my dad is getting the ESPN 30 for 30 on the Celtics vs Lakers and a Tom Brady & Rob Gronkowski New England Patriots Autographed Replica Poster Art Print Poster, 18''×24'' Unframed Poster Print from the Super Bowl last year

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2019, 11:07:21 PM »

... zippety doo dah zippety aye! 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2019, 04:14:38 AM »

So far I've picked up 4 boardgames for Kristi (Pacific Rim Extinction, Ticket to Ride UK Exploding Kittens and Orcylmpics), a bright pink D&D tee shirt, Harry Potter lego set. Warlord made a Korean expansion for their WW2 and she loves MASH I picked her up a set of figures of Hawkeye and the rest of the gang. Still got this years illustrated Harry Potter book to pick her up and a new computer chair. EDIT, decided against the computer chair, but got her an Alfie Boe CD, Harry Potter calendar and I am also getting her tickets to go to the Edinburgh tattoo.

Ash I've picked up a keyboard mat thing that makes noises as he walks on it since he loves toys that either have wheels or make noises. I'm going to pick him up some smaller presents too, although he already has too many toys I am thinking. Might get him some Paw Patrol DVD's too.

For my older brother I got him a book on Vulcan bombers signed by the man whose job it was to drop a nuclear bomb or two on St Petersberg had the balloon ever went up.

My younger brother got a He-Man tee shirt and a book of the Wisdom of Skeletor.

My two youngest nephews are getting a garden of carnivourous plants, a present they will either love or go "WTF???".

Still got a few things to pick up for a few people but heading out shopping later and hoping to make a dent in that list, maybe even finish it off.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 10:15:52 AM by Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2019, 04:08:02 PM »

Looks like I'll be getting my oldest nephew an expansion set for the board game "Root."

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2019, 06:43:38 PM »

with any luck, they're all( except curtis,michael& brad) getting ME for christmas if i can find the right price for flights. and deal with 8 days of being in green bay with my rather crazy and boisterous family, lol! curtis gets a new swans double cd, and brad gets povititza( misspelled, i'm sure). bestie michael gets  a radio controlled  dragonfly.

don't EVEN...EVER!
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2019, 10:18:56 PM »

AAANNDDD... i've officially gone mad and am going to GB for christmas. please send serenity vibes so i don't kill my brother...

don't EVEN...EVER!
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2019, 11:18:53 PM »

I got my Mom an air fryer and I got my best friend Divinity: Original Sin II on Steam.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 08:46:48 AM by A.J. Bauer » Logged

chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2019, 02:52:35 AM »

i've got some cool recipes for air fryers, if she wants them! great gift for no fat eaters !

don't EVEN...EVER!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What did you get your loved ones for Christmas « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.