Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:37:20 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Mandalorian « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Mandalorian  (Read 15993 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: November 20, 2019, 08:52:46 AM »

Loving it so far. It was past time something Star Wars-related comes across as plainly and simplly good to watch. The last time I could say that of Star Wars was probably The Clone Wars series, which had a delightful Saturday Morning Cartoon feel to it. I'm looking forward to seeing where this series is going to go, and I'm optimistic. And hooked.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 12:11:29 PM »

It was the baby Yoda wasn't it?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 12:16:27 PM »

Cute little guy but what was up with that tongue?

BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 06:03:46 PM »

Episodes too short? I have no way of watching it, but, having become something of a fan of Star Wars, I have been following peoples opinions of it, and so far, the chief knock I have heard against it is that the episodes should be longer.

And for those who are interested, there is talk of doing a . . .
Cassian Andor series and a . . .
Obi-Wan Kenobi series . . .
on the same streaming service that is carrying The Mandalorian.
chainsaw midget

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2019, 09:20:40 PM »

Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 06:57:17 AM »

I wonder when this cow will stop giving money. It's getting ridiculous of how much it's getting milked.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 01:32:11 AM »

Episodes too short? I have no way of watching it, but, having become something of a fan of Star Wars, I have been following peoples opinions of it, and so far, the chief knock I have heard against it is that the episodes should be longer.

And for those who are interested, there is talk of doing a . . .
Cassian Andor series and a . . .
Obi-Wan Kenobi series . . .
on the same streaming service that is carrying The Mandalorian.

The episodes are a bit short, but they have the advantage of not having any time for useless filler; a problem that plagued the Game of Thrones and Walking Dead series. The most recent episode, Episode 4, felt a bit rushed in my opinion, and it didn't offer much build-up of the character Cara Dune, played by the wonderful Gina Carano. My hope is that Jon Favreau continues to build on this character as the series progresses. I was concerned that they were going to SJW this character to death, but thankfully Carano's no-nonsense performance kept the character down-to-earth and likable.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 01:15:06 PM »

I still like the show, I'm still into the show, but it drifted toward the sharks last week when the title character's armor, which, mind you, stops blaster bolts, somehow didn't protect him from one woman's punches. Oh, please....

zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2019, 04:50:53 AM »

I still like the show, I'm still into the show, but it drifted toward the sharks last week when the title character's armor, which, mind you, stops blaster bolts, somehow didn't protect him from one woman's punches. Oh, please....

------------------
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2019, 03:20:53 PM »

I'm surprised this wasn't animated but I'm also glad it's not. I think the three animated series have done more to advance and define Star Wars than anything except maybe the expanded universe of forty year worth of novels.

(All that said and slightly off topic, I am having a hard time convincing myself Disney's sequels are canon.)

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2019, 05:34:45 PM »

Some time ago I decided all the new seasons of Dr Who aren't canon, so go ahead. Decide for yourself what counts and what doesn't.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2019, 06:06:46 AM »

Some time ago I decided all the new seasons of Dr Who aren't canon, so go ahead. Decide for yourself what counts and what doesn't.

For me, if it feels like Star Wars then it is canon. If it doesn’t feel like Star Wars then it is not. The Force Awakens felt like Star Wars. The Last Jedi did not. Rogue One felt like Star Wars. Solo did not.

The Mandalorian feels like Star Wars.  Cheers

------------------
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2019, 04:43:46 PM »

Well, among all the shows on all the streaming services, by whatever measure they use, The Mandalorian is the most watched of 'em all. Though, with its success, I wonder what was suppose to be 10 episodes and then done and gone, will have a 2nd season.

And talking about animation, it is reported that Star Wars : the Clone Wars will be getting another season, its 7th on Disney+.
Neville

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2019, 07:26:42 PM »

I just hope they don't jinx it. I like the show the way it is, with a minimal, action oriented plot and fun. Those stupid movies made me forget how much fun Star Wars can be.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2019, 11:08:29 PM »

Well, among all the shows on all the streaming services, by whatever measure they use, The Mandalorian is the most watched of 'em all. Though, with its success, I wonder what was suppose to be 10 episodes and then done and gone, will have a 2nd season.

One season and done? I seriously doubt it. This is a cash cow that they're not going to stop milking.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Mandalorian « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.