Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:23:06 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Classic TV Shows Updated To 2020 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Classic TV Shows Updated To 2020  (Read 35735 times)
claws
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2019, 09:17:21 AM »

Little House on the Prairie

Drama television series about a family living in a 400 sq. ft tiny house in Walnut Grove, Minnesota. The show is an adaptation of Sarah Susanka's best-selling The Not So Big House (1997) book.
claws
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2019, 09:25:08 AM »

The Waltons

American Reality television series about a family of eleven in rural Virginia during the Great Recession that lasted from December 2007 to June 2009.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2019, 08:58:13 AM »

The Waltons

American Reality television series about a family of eleven in rural Virginia during the Great Recession that lasted from December 2007 to June 2009.

After everyone's through saying good night to one another, as the lights go out one by one until the house is dark, you finally hear Anthony Perkins say "Good night, Mother", as a single light comes on in the attic............

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
claws
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2019, 10:44:39 AM »

Thumbup
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2019, 12:40:48 PM »

The Dukes of Hazzard would be a gritty Medieval period piece (think The Pillars of the Earth meets Game of Thrones).

Set in the deep south of Merry Olde England, wherein Duke Jesse leads his nephews, Sirs Beau and Lucas in a struggle to keep their noble House of Hazzard alive during the brutal civil war of the mid-1100s, despite the machinations of the evil Boss Hawg, warlord of the county, and his ruthless henchman Sheriff Roscoe de Pecotrane, whose only joy in life is the persecution of the Hazzards, whom he once imprisoned on false charges.

The Duke's comely long-legged niece, Lady Daeze of Hazzard, is lusted after by many, but only the Sheriff's conflicted, kind-hearted deputy, Sir Ennys of Slackjaw, seems poised to win fair Daeze's heart.

Many thrilling pursuits on horseback ensue to the lively music of a chorus of minstrels' stringed instruments, and when the Duke's boys evade the Sheriff's capture, he is often heard to cry out, "Forsooth! Them Duke's boys! Them Duke's boys...!"

I think it has sure-fire hit written all over it!

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
claws
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2019, 01:24:15 PM »

ALF

A motley crew of scientists and government agents try to track down ALF, a seductive extraterrestrial-human hybrid, who lives with the Tanner family after crashing into their garage.

T.J. Hooker

The weekly adventures of tough-as-nails veteran Hooker T.J. (Tatjana Jane), who rides clients with her prostitute partner Vanessa Romano.

Simon & Simon

Siamese twins of disparate tastes and manners run a private detective agency.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 01:26:36 PM by claws » Logged
Sitting Duck
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2019, 06:32:30 AM »

The Dukes of Hazzard would be a gritty Medieval period piece (think The Pillars of the Earth meets Game of Thrones).

Set in the deep south of Merry Olde England, wherein Duke Jesse leads his nephews, Sirs Beau and Lucas in a struggle to keep their noble House of Hazzard alive during the brutal civil war of the mid-1100s, despite the machinations of the evil Boss Hawg, warlord of the county, and his ruthless henchman Sheriff Roscoe de Pecotrane, whose only joy in life is the persecution of the Hazzards, whom he once imprisoned on false charges.

The Duke's comely long-legged niece, Lady Daeze of Hazzard, is lusted after by many, but only the Sheriff's conflicted, kind-hearted deputy, Sir Ennys of Slackjaw, seems poised to win fair Daeze's heart.

Many thrilling pursuits on horseback ensue to the lively music of a chorus of minstrels' stringed instruments, and when the Duke's boys evade the Sheriff's capture, he is often heard to cry out, "Forsooth! Them Duke's boys! Them Duke's boys...!"

I think it has sure-fire hit written all over it!

Or it'll end up a one season wonder like When Things Were Rotten. :P
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2019, 11:04:09 AM »

The Tonight Show Starring John W. Carson

Imagine if TV's all-time best fictional character, the lovable self-deprecating everyman Johnny Carson, whom millions of Americans thought they knew, were replaced by John W. Carson, a hard drinking, womanizing, gun-toting, abusive tightwad who carried grudges like a terrorist carries lice.

I'd tune in.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2019, 11:59:39 AM »

The Love Boat reimagined as a place where people can come find love, the only catch being if they have sex while on board, they walk the plank. Now there's a challenge for you.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2019, 03:23:23 AM »

I was going to mention the reboot of Hawaii Five 0 - started in 2010 - but there haven't been major changes from the 1968 - 1980 original.

Steve McGarrett is a younger man, ex Navy SEAL investigating his father's murder. Played by Alex O'Loughlin.

Danny Williams is a former NYPD detective who requested a transfer to the Honolulu PD so that he could be near his daughter. (In the original series, no mention was made of Danny's family) Played by Scott Caan.

Chin Ho Kelly is much younger, less laid back and a bit more intense than the original character but no less likeable. Played by Daniel Dae Kim.

Kono: the major change is here as the original character was male and the reboot is female and a bad ass sister to boot. She is Chin's cousin and they're more like brother and sister than cousins. Played by Grace Park.

The Governor: in the original series, the governor was male, in the first reboot series the Governor is female (and a criminal) Played by Jean Smart, then Richard T Jones and now Rosalind Chao.

Wo Fat: McGarrett's eternal nemesis who is far more frightening in the reboot than in the original. Played by Mark Dacascos.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2019, 02:06:23 PM »

Dallas. An impoverished Vietnamese shrimp fishing family, the Ducs, who moved to Texas after the fall of Saigon and made it rich through hard work, luck, murder and blackmail, now control half of north Texas via their electronics empire, and they feud, swivvy and scheme their way to high misadventure across the Silicon Prairie.

There is the senile but proud patriarch Luc Sr., kind matriarch Shime, the eldest son, no-good Duc Jr. (DJ), his Prozac-popping beauty queen wife Hoho, virtuous youngest son Ranny and his infertile bi-polar wife Thel.

Though billionaires one and all, for some reason the extended Duc clan all reside upstairs in Luc Sr.'s house on his million-acre ranch Saigon Fork, rather than owning their own places.

Who froze evil conniver DJ in carbonite is sure to be the cliffhanger of the season!

(Honestly, why hasn't Hollywood recognized my talents and given me a contract by now to reboot old series???)

claws
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2019, 03:24:29 PM »

Charlie's Angels

A criminal cult leader named Charlie runs a hitman agency via a speakerphone and his personal assistant, Tex Watson. His "hitgirls" are Susan Atkins, Patricia Krenwinkel and Leslie Van Houten who end up in a variety of difficult situations. Sitcom created by Matt Groening.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Classic TV Shows Updated To 2020 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.