Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:47:24 AM
714501 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your Saturday Routine? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your Saturday Routine?  (Read 2488 times)
claws
« on: February 05, 2020, 06:51:01 AM »

Do you have a special routine on Saturday, or is it just like any other day? Since I usually don't work Saturdays, my routine goes a bit something like this:

~ get up early. I could sleep in but I always get up early on the weekend. Usually between 4:00 am - 6:00 am.
~ after waking up and bathroom stuff: coffee & internet.
~ early morning shopping. I like doing my weekend shopping early in the morning, so I usually head to the supermarket 7:00 am sharp when they open.
~ chores. When back from shopping I slip into comfy clothes, then I'll feed the washing machine, followed by dusting my room, sweeping the floor and wet cleaning the floor. Every third Saturday I change my bed sheets and covers.
~ After that, time to chill: filling up and switching on my aromatic oil diffuser (2 liters runs for 10 hours). Favorite current scent: cinnamon & orange, then turning on my color changing LED light. Current favorite mood setting: flickering candles  TeddyR
~ coffee, small breakfast-ish snack & internet until lunch time.
~ afternoon. Either taking a nap, or watching a movies or two, or both.
~ Early evening. Four out of five times I'm too lazy to cook on Saturdays. For lunch I usually grab whatever looks tasty at the supermarket. For dinner I might get take out food (I don't order/deliver since I'm only a few minutes away from my favorite doner place) or if I'm feeling desperate I'll drive to McDs and get a bag of whatever.
~ Evening / night: a bag of tortilla chips, diet coke & internet. Bedtime: depends. Sometimes before, sometimes after midnight.

Unless I have other plans that's my typical Saturday. Care to share yours?
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 09:09:51 AM »

Ideally, I prefer to have Saturdays all to myself. Usually doesn't work out that way. Here's an ideal routine:

Sleep late.

Coffee and catch up on reading various forums and news sites. I will also usually listen to a new CD, if I have one, or download or stream a new album.

Usually have a burrito and chips for lunch.

Play a little Skyrim. I might cook---I usually cook a meal either on Saturday or Sunday--or I might just heat up a pizza.

Have a few beers and watch a movie or TV before bed.

Sometimes I might have a date.

Right now, during basketball season, I almost always have a game to watch on Saturdays, either live or on TV.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 10:52:55 AM »

Mine has never been static. During one era in my childhood I used to go to school on Saturdays as part of some hideous program I was in, full of child psychologists and educationlal experts (puke) and so I missed out on a lot of Saturday morning cartoons. (Though I always tried to record Pee-Wee's Playhouse!)

Later I used to play tennis on Saturdays year-round, sure I could beat anybody and so full of the illusion of indestructibility I once dove for a shot on a hard court and ended up almost dying when I impaled myself on my racket, lol. (Still, I had a 75% win record, so maybe it was worth it.)

Once upon a time I used to go look for artifacts on Saturdays. Creek-walking, metal detecting, magnet fishing, digging up a 19th century privvy.

A few years ago we used to take my daughter to soccer matches on Saturdays. Until last year, I guess. I never understood why the other soccer parents used that time to talk to each other and eat donuts instead of actually watching their child play. That's why I was there. I thought they were a bunch of dumbass cows, to be honest, and they thought I was snubbing them, which I mostly was. One b***h there flirted with my husband endlessly and I finally asked her if her ex-husband ran off with her best friend, because that level of shameless flirting bespoke of  a serious need for self-validation, and she left him alone after that, so mebbe I was right.

These days....who knows. We try to do something together, all of us, go to the country, the zoo, a museum, a mall, go hiking, but with the children getting older and wanting their own lives, it's harder every month anymore, seems like, and picking them up after they've spent the night with friends or grandparents or driving them to go hang out is taking over the entire day.

It's rarely ever a down-time day of leisure but it's still the best day of the week.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 10:55:16 AM by ER » Logged

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 01:38:57 PM »

On a Saturday morning I'll try and get up early with Ash so Kristi can have a lie in. Since she deals with him most of the week I like to give her a chance to lie in.

Although come to think of it, she gets to stay in bed later than me most days as Ash normally wakes up after I've gone to work.

I like to do something with my Saturdays, get up and go out somewhere and I hate feeling like I've wasted the day.

At night when Ash is asleep I try to sit down and catch a couple of movies, maybe play some games with Kristi. I'll prep the next nights D&D game too, sometimes with a beer or two just to chill out, then I'll do some reading and normally crash out some time between 23:00 and midnight.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 12:35:57 AM »

since i don't get much time with curtis during the week( maybe 2 hours an evening, he crashes early) , we usually spend as much time together as we can, considering our radically different
 sleep schedules. he gets up  and makes himself breakfast( well...i've already made the main part of it friday night) , usually biscuits and sausage gravy, i smell it and get up when i CAN'T smell it anymore. then we watch weird stuff for a couple of hours until my brain decides it has had enough coffee to function, and do the errands necessary for that week. TEN we get to start the weekend marathons of true weirdness, lol! and i cook supper, and usually the next 2-3 days worth of meals whilst we watch. and we eat our weekly allotment of popcorn and chocolate.
  sundays, he does the laundry before i get up and makes fried egg sandwiches that stink, and i make boiled egg sandwiches with cream cheese that stink, or bacon if i have it. then we relax and do series binging and music dvds...or he watches stuff i hate, and i put on my headphones, fire up the laptop and watch stuff he hates. it works.

don't EVEN...EVER!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 07:25:21 AM »

My Saturday routine is pretty much the same as Monday to Friday except that I don't have to go to work. As the house I live in is now part airBNB, I can't make much noise as the neigbours will complain.

1. Awake to the sounds of birds coughing and the neighbours either snoring or farting loudly.  Buggedout
2. Shave, s**t, shower and shampoo.
3. Go for a walk for breakfast.
4. Run back really quickly when I discover that I have forgotten to put clothes on.  TongueOut
5. Walk here www.brooklynmall.co.za for a nice Wimpy breakfast. This is about three miles from me.
6. Spend roughly two hours at the mall, buy groceries and airtime for my phone.
7. If there's a movie showing I want to see - this mall has two multiplex cinemas - I stay and watch.
8. Once that's done, I take a taxi home.

My life is really ordinary and outside of work, lonely.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 06:35:05 PM »

I try to keep my Saturday chores to a minimum.  Grocery shop, maybe mow the lawn when it's nice out, do laundry/dishes, but otherwise hang around the house and fart around on the internet.  Sometimes I might visit my mom and shop/go out for lunch.  Whatever I do Saturday going out for lunch is a given.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 12:24:40 PM »

* Get up around 6 or 6:30 a.m.
* Make a 10 - 12 cup pot of coffee
* Browse the Internet . . . maybe pay some bills online
* Play one or more board games (sometimes with my wife, if not, then solo)
* Between (or after) playing games, my wife and I usually go out for lunch
* By about 3 or 4:00 p.m., I'm ready to settle into the family room and watch movies and/or "Live PD" (there are usually snacks involved and sometimes adult beverages)
* Go to bed and maybe read for a half hour or so
* Finally, I listen to podcasts or my Apple Music playlist until I fall asleep

Two things we don't do much on Saturdays anymore:

* Go to the movies. A few years ago we went to the movies at least 2 or 3 times/month, mostly on Saturdays. Now we probably go about 8 times/year.
* Go to a mall. This was something we used to do almost every Saturday. Now, I probably don't go more than once every couple of months.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 05:23:08 PM »

I try to sleep in a bit on Saturdays.  Every other weekend we make pancakes for breakfast so I'm up around 7:00 to have them while they're nice and hot.  I often go back to bed after breakfast for a couple more hours of sleep.  I then mess around on the internet for a while and/or finish off schoolwork.  When it's warmer out I might head out later in the morning or early afternoon for a long bike ride.  During the winter and if the weather isn't good I go to the gym for a while.  Then usually I get some shopping in, hanging out at my favorite combination bar/coffee shop for a few hours, then dinner with the family.  Either I take pizza home or we go out somewhere for dinner.

I do try to switch it up every so often and do other things on Saturdays.  Sometimes I go out of town.  A couple times last year I went for 50 and 60 mile bike rides on Saturdays.   

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your Saturday Routine? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.