Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:52:36 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread: The Sequel « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 54
Author Topic: Random Thought Thread: The Sequel  (Read 158097 times)
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #630 on: March 31, 2021, 11:52:14 AM »

Hello all!

Howdy, there!

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #631 on: March 31, 2021, 12:00:38 PM »

How you been doing, man?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #632 on: April 10, 2021, 06:06:20 AM »

Ever notice on sit-coms nobody ever walks into an occupied room til exactly the second the conversation going on there wraps up?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #633 on: April 10, 2021, 01:37:20 PM »

Ever notice on sit-coms nobody ever walks into an occupied room til exactly the second the conversation going on there wraps up?
Always wondered why I've never been able to have a well balanced & thoughtfully structured conversation with other people....

Y' ever notice whoever lives on the left side of the set lives in a brightly painted, well lit shoebox, while the people on the right side of the set live live in a rustic luxury suite, even though it's always the same building, on the same floor?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
claws
« Reply #634 on: April 11, 2021, 02:24:53 AM »

So at this other forum I hang out a long time member passed away recently. Apparently he had been hospitalized since February, and from my understanding had covid and pneumonia. He posted a few updates on the forum about his condition up until two weeks before his passing in mid-March. He was only 33 years old.
I never had a conversation with him on the forum but he was well liked by those who did.
I don't know why but this is the kind of thing that shocks me more than any celebrity death. R.I.P.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #635 on: April 12, 2021, 12:36:44 PM »

I just saw a junk email that read: A man can last 2.5 hours in bed doing this!

And I thought...um, sleep?

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #636 on: April 12, 2021, 12:50:02 PM »

Girl on id channel is stringing an old guy along, manipulates some other guy to kill him so she can get his money. All to feed her addiction to...bingo?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #637 on: April 16, 2021, 09:15:58 AM »

Today is National Atheist Day.
It really is.
Every other day is people preaching to you it's something else.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #638 on: April 16, 2021, 11:04:12 AM »

Is it really? Well Happy Atheist Day! I have met a few real atheists, but mostly "atheists" seem to be people who hate God, not disbelieve in God.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #639 on: April 19, 2021, 07:58:24 AM »

If the '80s were the '50s reinvented, when do we get to re-do the '90s?

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #640 on: April 19, 2021, 08:18:59 AM »

...mostly "atheists" seem to be people who hate God, not disbelieve in God.

I've never encountered anyone who meets that description and I don't think it makes any sense. Now, a lot of atheists hate Christians, and maybe that even has something to do with them becoming atheists, but believing in God and hating him? I can't wrap my head around that.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
pacman000
« Reply #641 on: April 19, 2021, 08:19:35 AM »

If the '80s were the '50s reinvented, when do we get to re-do the '90s?
Today.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #642 on: April 19, 2021, 09:09:18 AM »

Is it really? Well Happy Atheist Day! I have met a few real atheists, but mostly "atheists" seem to be people who hate God, not disbelieve in God.

No- I disbelieve in God.
I don't hate someone who doesn't exist.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #643 on: April 19, 2021, 10:48:00 AM »

No- I disbelieve in God.
I don't hate someone who doesn't exist.

Then that makes you an atheist, RC. But I know a lot of people who say they are, who don't come off as atheists. In fact, let me say more in a second....

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #644 on: April 19, 2021, 10:49:05 AM »

...mostly "atheists" seem to be people who hate God, not disbelieve in God.

I've never encountered anyone who meets that description and I don't think it makes any sense. Now, a lot of atheists hate Christians, and maybe that even has something to do with them becoming atheists, but believing in God and hating him? I can't wrap my head around that.

I know RC thinks I never let ten words do when a few hundred might work as well,  Wink  but what the heck, like eye color and addiction, it’s in my DNA…

I agree with you that atheism precludes a dislike of something a person is convinced isn’t there, Rev, but you really have never encountered the phenomenon of people who say they’re atheists but seem absolutely obsessed with hating God? That surprises me, because I have seen that a lot.

Oh, I get hating some Christians, I spent a lot of my younger days unfairly lumping a couple billion people in with the book burning Moral Majority sorts. I also understand anger toward God, and think it takes strong intellectual muscles to even subscribe to the idea an unseen God could possibly exist in a world so full of pain.

The concept of so many atheists hating God clicked with me long ago when I heard a George Orwell quote:

“He was an embittered atheist, the sort of atheist who does not so much disbelieve in God as personally dislike Him….”

And when I heard that, I thought….Orwell was right, there are those sorts of atheists. And when I realized that, I noticed most people I knew who said they were atheists seemed to spend a lot of time hating this God they claimed wasn’t even there.

Like Penn Jillette (whom I like very much in general, by the way) he will take almost any chance to tell you there is no God, yet he also gleefully calls this being he doesn’t believe in a “prick” and some other things I probably shouldn’t type here. That’s anger.

Or the insightful XTC song Dear God, it concludes by saying “I don’t believe in you” only after addressing this supposedly non-existent personage and indicting it with a multitude of crimes. How can you indict “nothing” with “something”?

You can’t call yourself an atheist and have it both ways, maintaining God doesn’t exist, yet making God a legitimate target of anger. That’s like me blaming Santa for not bringing me that hair crimper when I was nine.

I do believe atheists exist and know some, usually get along fine with them, but I know a lot more angry sorts who do seem to hate God and then manifest that hatred in saying they don’t believe in God. (I also notice those types seem to be under a certain age, to be honest, and evolve away from that when they’re older. Go figure, eh?)

Slightly off topic but I married a man who is so apathetic about the question of God’s existence he genuinely does not care about the topic enough to try to define the word that best describes how he feels about God. He’ll go to church with his mom if she asks him for a special reason, and then walk out and not be able to tell you what the church service was about. But that’s another sort of person altogether, neither believer, nor agnostic, nor atheist. (I sometimes envy him….)

Lot of shades of color in white light.

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 54
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread: The Sequel « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.