Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:03:06 AM
714401 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 248
Author Topic: Recent Viewings, Part 2  (Read 613108 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1200 on: June 23, 2021, 03:29:54 PM »

The Hike (2011) - A group of girl friends go on a hike in the remote British countryside, as a welcome home to one of their friends who is returning from duty in Iraq, where her boyfriend was KIA.  Seems like a fun girly weekend, but events take a sharp turn as the girls are kidnapped and terrorized by a group of brutal rapists.  This is a dark, misogynistic film in which every male character is a villain to some degree.  A bit like I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE but not quite as sleazy.   3/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1201 on: June 24, 2021, 07:51:28 AM »

"Clerks" (1994)
Small town New Jersey slackers Dante and Randal experience a particularly hellish day working at their low level convenience store and video rental jobs, while keeping up a constant stream of snide, foul mouthed  commentary about anything and everything in their path.
Kevin Smith's gloriously cheap B&W indie classic is mandatory viewing if you grew up in New Jersey, if you've ever worked in retail, or if you were a surly twenty something in the early 1990s. I happen to fulfill all three of those requirements, so this movie will never get old for me.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
pennywise37

« Reply #1202 on: June 24, 2021, 05:09:51 PM »

i remember back in (1994) i was a theater that my brother still works at in fact in Cleveland and they had a poster for Clerks and i loved the poster and i still do love that poster. fast forward to (1995) when things would generally take about a year to hit video that's me adding that for the younger folks who weren't around back than. i watched this with my mom and i think my brother and we laughed our asses off and i became an instant Kevin Smith fan and i still love Smith's work.

though not everything he's done has been gold, Tusk (2014) really stunk, Cop Out (2010) was plain awful but i haven't seen all his movies either those are the 2 i think are his worst of the ones i have seen.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1203 on: June 24, 2021, 09:12:38 PM »

"Willy's Wonderland" (2021)
A mysterious drifter (Nicolas Cage) takes an overnight job cleaning up a long-shuttered Chuck E. Cheese-style family fun center...but he's not alone.  Soon he's locked in a life or death battle against the restaurant's bloodthirsty, demonically possessed animatronic creatures.
(...I swear I am not making this up.)
I'm not gonna lie, "Willy's" was dumb as hell, but a ton of fun. Any resemblance between its paper thin plot and the "Five Nights at Freddie's" video game franchise is totally coincidental, I'm sure (*COUGH COUGH*), but it's got plenty of over the top ultra violence, and Cage is a hoot, though I don't think he's even trying to be funny -- the guy is basically a walking meme at this point.
If you've already seen "The Banana Splits Movie" and need another fix of robotic kiddie-critter carnage, this goofball flick will fill the bill.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1204 on: June 24, 2021, 10:16:44 PM »

CITY SLICKERS - Billy Crystal, Norman the Calf, and Jack Palance star in this marvelous mid-life crisis comedy.  If you've never seen it, watch it - if you've seen it, watch it again!  5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
pennywise37

« Reply #1205 on: June 24, 2021, 11:29:14 PM »

i have those on VHS but i really need to upgrade those films
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1206 on: June 26, 2021, 04:56:51 PM »

"Monster Hunter" (2020)
Milla "Resident Evil" Jovovich is leading a squad of Army Rangers on a search mission in the desert. They get sucked into a mysterious portal that deposits them in another dimension filled with hordes of giant spider-like bugs, a massive horned Graboid lookin' thing that attacks from beneath the sands, and huge fire breathing dragons. One by one, Milla's team gets picked off by the various critters, leaving her to forge an alliance with some natives in order to find her way back home.
This fast paced sci-fi/action flick is apparently based on a video game (with which I am unfamiliar), so as you might expect there's not much plot, just a lot of cool looking monsters, passable CGI, and Milla kicking all kinds of ass.
This is the kind of movie that's fun to watch while it's playing, but instantly forgettable as soon as it's over.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1207 on: June 27, 2021, 11:49:31 AM »

SON OF THE WHITE MARE (1981): The White Mare gives birth to Treeshaker, who's destined to defeat three dragons and rescue three princesses. You may have heard legends of Marcell Jankovics' animated Hungarian folktale illustrated with psychedelic cubist visuals and thought "that sounds amazing!" Well, the legends are true. 5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1208 on: June 27, 2021, 11:57:42 AM »

"Face/Off" (1997)
Using high tech face swapping plastic surgery, an FBI agent (John Travolta) is transformed into his terrorist arch-enemy (Nicolas Cage) so he can infiltrate the bad guys' organization. Unfortunately, the comatose Cage character wakes up and has Travolta's face attached to his skull, so he can continue to wage mayhem. Lots of bullets fly and plenty of stuff blows up real good before the two men meet for a final (ahem) face-to-face showdown.
Hong Kong director John Woo's mega budget action/sci-fi hit is sort of an ultra-violent take on "Freaky Friday." The two leading men are clearly having a blast "playing" each other (especially Travolta). 20+ years after its release, the stunt work and action sequences in "Face/Off" are still impressive. Well worth revisiting.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1209 on: June 27, 2021, 04:54:50 PM »

"Under Siege" (1992)
The Navy battleship USS Missouri has been taken over by a squad of terrorists, who want to steal the ship's nuclear missiles. Fortunately for the good guys, the ship's lowly cook happens to be Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal), former Navy SEAL, legendary butt kicker, and all around bad-ass. You can probably figure out the rest.
Steven Seagal never could act worth a damn, but this nautical "Die Hard" variant remains his best movie, due mostly to its unique setting and a great supporting cast that includes two of the all time great scenery chewers (Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Busey, both of whom give classic, deranged performances) and former Playmate/future "Baywatch" babe Erika Eleniak, who was at her absolute peak of hottie perfection. This is the only Seagal movie I've ever bothered to see more than once.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1210 on: June 29, 2021, 09:07:21 AM »

THE BEST OF DORIS WISHMAN: Mostly trailers from a large number of Wishman films; also some music-video style nudist shorts with music and pictures from her movies. The Wishman stuff only lasts about 40 minutes, so there's more music videos/trailers made by a company called Modern Harmonic from funk and psychedelic music in their catalog, accompanying clips from other Something Weird films (THE DOLL SQUAD and DRACULA THE DIRTY OLD MAN ones are pretty good). Hard to rate something like this but I'd guess 3/5. RC would love it, probably Lester too.

The Doll Squad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7A8Wg0icBo (this is only part of the video)

Dracula the Dirty Old Man: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfJwaoZeyCo (I probably should see this movie!)

Spook Show compilation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEX9ctGCuuI (also partial, missing the clips)

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1211 on: June 29, 2021, 09:15:55 AM »

^ I have actually seen the entire film of DRACULA, the DIRTY OLD MAN  and T.V.Mikels the DOLL SQUAD; and seen a Doris film called BAD GIRLS GO TO HELL (1965).
Fascinating, in a moronic kinda way!   Buggedout
I seen part of Doris' A NIGHT TO DISMEMBER (which I do believe is her only slasher movie!)

I would have watched it all, but I was hammered and passed out!  Lookingup
From 1983!

Small | Large

« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 09:30:08 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1212 on: June 29, 2021, 09:31:20 PM »

^ I have actually seen the entire film of DRACULA, the DIRTY OLD MAN  and T.V.Mikels the DOLL SQUAD; and seen a Doris film called BAD GIRLS GO TO HELL (1965).
Fascinating, in a moronic kinda way!   Buggedout
I seen part of Doris' A NIGHT TO DISMEMBER (which I do believe is her only slasher movie!)

I would have watched it all, but I was hammered and passed out!  Lookingup
From 1983!

http://youtu.be/zb8hyku64gg

I'm not surprised you've seen DRACULA: THE DIRTY OLD MAN. I am surprised you've only seen one Doris Wishman movie (though it is the "best" one). You should see more. They're s**t. You'd love them!

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1213 on: June 30, 2021, 10:15:56 AM »

"The Toxic Avenger" (1984)
Nerdy health-club janitor Melvin has an unfortunate run-in with some toxic waste, which turns him into a hideous creature with super strength. He chooses to use his new powers to defend his home town from a variety of crooks, murderous scum bags, and corrupt politicians, dispensing splattery justice from his toxic-waste-dump home base.
This legendary sickie was Troma Films' biggest "hit" -- it went on to spawn several sequels, a kid-friendly cartoon show (!) and even a toy line (!!). Like most Troma flicks, it's sleazy, tasteless, and full of cheap but effective gross out effects. It's dumb as hell (on purpose) but hey, sometimes you just want to watch a movie where a hulked-out toxic mutant rips people's arms and legs off. :D

Additional fun fact: Joe Zarro, the fat guy who played the owner of the dry cleaner's shop, taught English and Film Study at my high school in Paramus, NJ. I hadn't seen "Toxic" yet when I took his film class in the mid-80s, but some of the other kids had, and they gave him no end of sh*t about it cuz he always tried to come off as a high brow, "serious cinema" kind of guy.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1214 on: June 30, 2021, 10:24:42 AM »

CURSE OF THE SCREAMING DEAD (1982) aka CURSE OF THE CANNIBAL CONFEDERATES.

One of the stupidest, therefore the best, zombie movies I have ever seen.
Deer hunters way down yonder wake up some pancake makeup zombies.
Sumb!tch. Dumb as a sack of doorknobs.
Troma trys to brand this as some kinda comedy. It was not made to be such.
It is funny in it's mindless way.  BounceGiggle
Therefore, essential viewing for BAD movie fans.  Thumbup
I believe this film is much older than 1982. It was an independent obscurity when Troma picked it up in '82. I'm guessing it's circa 1973.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 10:47:14 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 248
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.