Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:23:39 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 337121 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: March 11, 2020, 10:13:00 PM »

In the last two days:

The NCAA has announced that all its games, including the Final Four and the National Championship games, will be played before empty stadiums.
The NBA has canceled the remainder of its season after a Utah Jazz player tested positive.
Tom Hanks and his wife have tested positive for the virus.
The entire nation of Italy is on lockdown and quarantine.
All travel from Europe has been restricted (but not China - WTH is that all about?!)
New cases are springing up faster than the CDC can track them.

And STILL the brain dead Trumpsters on my FB Feed are calling it "media conspiracy to help elect a Democrat"!!!!
GEEZ, people, get a grip on reality!  It's not the end of the world but this is a freaking serious pandemic.
It's not about politics and it's not about Trump, it's about making sure people don't die!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 11:26:32 PM »

Here!  Here! 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 11:59:45 PM »

In fairness, there were Democrats in leadership roles who spoke about this pandemic by saying, "This could be an opportunity."

The politicizing is inevitable and multi-sided, as is the deep well of endemic ignorance.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 08:24:55 AM »

Both sides politicize EVERYTHING.  I remember Sean Hannity blasting the Obama administration night after night for their inadequate response to the Ebola "crisis" (which was NOT a crisis; if you know anything about Ebola you know it takes direct contact with infected blood to catch the thing!).  But blowing off the whole Corona thing because you think it's a Democrat plot to get rid of the President is the height of stupidity.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 09:37:55 AM »

so far 30 people have died in the US, almost all of them at a rest home in Washington state.

almost all the cases in the world are in China Italy and Iran

we're allowed to be a little cynical aren't we?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2020, 10:27:05 AM »

so far 30 people have died in the US, almost all of them at a rest home in Washington state.

It's 37 as of now.

Here's a map with a state by state run down.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 11:02:15 AM »

In fairness, there were Democrats in leadership roles who spoke about this pandemic by saying, "This could be an opportunity."
How do you know that? 

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2020, 11:25:15 AM »

I'm a little busy right now to have time/desire to track down too much here but below is a headline from the leading left-leaning paper describing the virus as an opening to attack Trump, showing it is being politicized by the left as doubtless it also has been by the right.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/01/business/economy/trump-democrats-coronavirus-economy.html

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2020, 11:52:06 AM »

No doubt, this is a serious situation. But it's being perpetuated by the media (including social media).If this same thing, with the same level of seriousness, had happened pre-internet we wouldn't be seeing all this mayhem. Take care of yourselves, stay away from crowds if you can, stay safe.  I suspect this will get worse before it gets better. But in a few months we will have weathered the storm and we'll all be here, still chit-chatting about bad movies and other random stuff. I'm looking forward to it.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
VenomX73

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2020, 03:09:40 PM »

yes... I did hear... unbelievable stuff

« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 03:17:50 PM by VenomX73 » Logged

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2020, 04:49:39 PM »

no, we are NOT. there are 3 new cases in my state. all 3 flew to kansas from florida. NOTHING has been said about tracking down all the people at that conference, all the hotel workers, all the people on that flight, all the people on the next flights of that plane, since there is no way it was actually disinfected between flights,NOTHING. there could be as many as 4000 people infected from ONE business conference. it is NOT a time for cynicism.

don't EVEN...EVER!
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2020, 04:59:31 PM »

How things change in 24 hours.

Yesterday, Wednesday, I was talking to my fellow investment club members, and word was that Disneyland and Walt Disney World would remain open.

Now, today, Thursday, the word is that Disneyland will be closing because of the virus. No wonder the stock tanked today.

No word as to whether Walt Disney World will remain open or close.

If there is any good news out of Disney, Shanghai Disneyland which had been closed, has partially reopened.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2020, 05:25:09 PM »

You know what makes me happy? Schools are closed for three weeks, giving me three weeks home with my babies. I missed them painfully when I was away a few months ago and now I can have a bunch of extra time with them, almost like a makeup.  Smile

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2020, 07:51:06 PM »

Outside of China and Italy it's the same as SARS and so forth. Bunch of hype
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2020, 10:51:07 PM »

yes... I did hear... unbelievable stuff

Unbelievable, yes.  I'd still like to know who said "This could be an opportunity." 

Otherwise, it's Captain Trips I tell ya!!! 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.