Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:51:24 PM
713371 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339724 times)
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #660 on: September 01, 2020, 03:03:03 PM »

Good News, according to this headline: https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/u-s-new-coronavirus-infections-slow-to-lowest-level-in-more-than-two-months/ar-BB18zSxj?ocid=msedgdhp

U.S. New Coronavirus Infections Slow to Lowest Level in More Than Two Months

I'm very curious how the schools opening up in a lot of places will change this.  It always lags a bit - that is, the slowdown now reflects stuff that was happening more than two weeks ago.  That means we won't really know the full story with how schools opening changed things probably until closer to the end of the month or even October.  Kids are far less likely to be made seriously ill, but they can still spread it to their parents, grandparents, teachers, administrators, etc, very easily.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #661 on: September 01, 2020, 05:01:05 PM »

Good News, according to this headline: https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/u-s-new-coronavirus-infections-slow-to-lowest-level-in-more-than-two-months/ar-BB18zSxj?ocid=msedgdhp

U.S. New Coronavirus Infections Slow to Lowest Level in More Than Two Months

Good COVID-19 news is not allowed until after the November election.  Cheers

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
VenomX73

« Reply #662 on: September 01, 2020, 05:02:27 PM »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1 Small | Large

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #663 on: September 07, 2020, 12:03:59 PM »

appears this thing is drawing to a close
Jim H

« Reply #664 on: September 07, 2020, 01:26:35 PM »

Not yet.  The hot spots have declined for sure, but other places are going up, averaging it out to be basically flat.  It's also likely we'll see somewhat of a spike (though not as big as the previous ones, my guess) in the next few weeks due to Labor Day spread, especially the handful of states that looked primed for it - like my own, Missouri, where the growth of new cases is currently still a lot worse than it was during the initial spike (about twice as many new daily cases as of now).

It's also possible that as outdoor activities become less tenable due to weather change and people do more things indoors in groups, this might make spread worse, as it does for flus during flu season.  But we don't know yet exactly how people will behave with COVID19, so that's an educated guess.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #665 on: September 07, 2020, 01:46:38 PM »

I haven't been physically at work since March 25 this year: got a text this afternoon letting me know that by the end of next week (around the 17th) we will be back at work, which is a relief because this working from home thing (I do work, I do get work and I do get paid) is starting to p**s me off.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #666 on: September 07, 2020, 03:10:42 PM »

2 of the workers at the nursing home  where Tiana works tested positive for Covid 19. So their on lockdown again. She has to suit up every day.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #667 on: September 09, 2020, 03:33:17 AM »

6% actual COVID-19 deaths in the U.S., according to the CDC. Looks like one big gigantic clickbait just like Obama's b.s. ebola scare flop from 2014.

------------------
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #668 on: September 09, 2020, 07:12:29 AM »

6% actual COVID-19 deaths in the U.S., according to the CDC. Looks like one big gigantic clickbait just like Obama's b.s. ebola scare flop from 2014.

Nobody died form Ebola in the USA. Not one person. 189,538 people have died from Covid 19. Looks like Obama did a better job of containing it, eh? It's not a very good analogy.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 10:18:38 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jim H

« Reply #669 on: September 09, 2020, 10:01:34 AM »

It's 6% having no other conditions or causes.  You're effectively stating someone having things like respiratory failure listed as one of their causes of death, while dying from a harsh flu like disease that contributes to respiratory failure, didn't actually die from the flu like disease that is *also* listed as a cause of death.  Do you now understand why that doesn't make sense?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 12:00:46 PM by Jim H » Logged
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #670 on: September 10, 2020, 01:40:00 AM »

It's 6% having no other conditions or causes.  You're effectively stating someone having things like respiratory failure listed as one of their causes of death, while dying from a harsh flu like disease that contributes to respiratory failure, didn't actually die from the flu like disease that is *also* listed as a cause of death.  Do you now understand why that doesn't make sense?

George Floyd had COVID-19 when he died too. So you're essentially saying that he died from COVID-19 and not the four times lethal doses of fentanyl that he swallowed in a lame-a$$ed attempt to hide it from the arresting cops. Yeah, I like your logic much better.  Lookingup

------------------
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #671 on: September 10, 2020, 08:10:09 AM »

Maybe a simpler way to explain it:

"What the CDC published shows that 6% of coronavirus deaths were from COVID-19 alone while the other 94% of deaths had underlying factors, and while the percentages are true, it doesn’t mean the 6% is the real COVID-19 death count. It means those are the only deaths where patients had no other pre-existing conditions."

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/09/03/trust-index-is-the-cdc-exaggerating-the-number-of-americans-killed-by-covid-19/

E.g., someone who has, say, asthma has an underlying condition (co-morbidity) that makes COVID fatal for them, whereas the same infection might not kill a perfectly healthy person. In every death listed as a COVID death, COVID is the primary cause of death. People with underlying health conditions are more at risk, but that's not different than any other illness.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
pacman000
« Reply #672 on: September 10, 2020, 03:40:59 PM »

Nobody died form Ebola in the USA. Not one person. 189,538 people have died from Covid 19. Looks like Obama did a better job of containing it, eh? It's not a very good analogy.

Someone in the U.S. did die from Ebola: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Eric_Duncan

Ebola, tho horrible & frightening, is easier to control than other diseases, since you usually have to come into contact with infected bodily fluids to catch it.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #673 on: September 10, 2020, 06:39:22 PM »

"What the CDC published shows that 6% of coronavirus deaths were from COVID-19 alone while the other 94% of deaths had underlying factors, and while the percentages are true, it doesn’t mean the 6% is the real COVID-19 death count. It means those are the only deaths where patients had no other pre-existing conditions."

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/09/03/trust-index-is-the-cdc-exaggerating-the-number-of-americans-killed-by-covid-19/

E.g., someone who has, say, asthma has an underlying condition (co-morbidity) that makes COVID fatal for them, whereas the same infection might not kill a perfectly healthy person. In every death listed as a COVID death, COVID is the primary cause of death. People with underlying health conditions are more at risk, but that's not different than any other illness.

It’s weird how the 1.1% death rate for the U.S. hasn’t changed from last year to this year though.

------------------
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #674 on: September 10, 2020, 07:13:14 PM »

It’s weird how the 1.1% death rate for the U.S. hasn’t changed from last year to this year though.

196,000 people have died from COVID in the U.S. There are 328 million people in the U.S. For the death rate to increase by %0.1, 328,000 people would have to die.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.