Main Menu

Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking

Started by ER, September 30, 2021, 01:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indianasmith

Kinda nice to have a Presidential candidate who isn't eligible for Social Security!
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

lester1/2jr

RCMerchant

Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Zapranoth

Quote from: lester1/2jr on July 24, 2024, 02:34:35 PMVance is 39

One doesn't have to be anywhere close to 39 years old to become a complete and total douche bag, and also a regrettable Trump impulse purchase.

Leah

Tomorrow me is going to hate tonight me, but a free concert is something I'm not going to pass up on.
yeah no.

Zapranoth

Quote from: lester1/2jr on July 25, 2024, 12:28:49 AMHe's so insane he wrote a best selling book https://www.amazon.com/Hillbilly-Elegy-Memoir-Family-Culture/dp/0062300547

Didn't say he is insane.  I said he needs to go back to Douchebagistan where he belongs.  I don't care about what he wrote.  Sarah Palin and any number of soulless shills wrote books that sold.  He is the lapdog of a Silicon Valley oligarch.

RCMerchant

Quote from: lester1/2jr on July 25, 2024, 12:28:49 AMHe's so insane he wrote a best selling book https://www.amazon.com/Hillbilly-Elegy-Memoir-Family-Culture/dp/0062300547

So did this guy-

Just because he wrote a bestselling book doesn't mean a goddam thing.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

Zapranoth

You threw the Hitler comparison into the discussion too early, RC.

Also, there is Project 2025.  Seriously, who wants that enacted?

RCMerchant

Quote from: Zapranoth on July 25, 2024, 03:56:06 PMYou threw the Hitler comparison into the discussion too early, RC.

Why? He was nuts and wrote a best selling book. I suppose I coulda used the Marquis De Sade as an example as well...but Hitler felt closer to the subject at hand.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!

Zapranoth

Random Thought:  My youngest is watching Honey, I Shrunk The Kids.  Rick Moranis dropped a good career to regroup and to be with his family.   Gotta respect the ability to do that.

ER

Most teenagers rebel by stealing a car, becoming a drug dealer, getting a college-age boyfriend in middle school, you know, wholesome things in other words. Lucky parents.

My kid, the one who wants to be a surgeon and who completed an undergraduate organic chemistry class in eighth grade with a 4.0, has taken things up to eleven in her own unique and devastating style, and has finally pinpointed a way to truly crucify me for all the rotten things I guess I did to her and never realized I was doing, like giving her the whole downstairs for her room apartment when she was fourteen, or letting her go to Ireland for the summer when she was twelve, or putting her in a particular private school, just because she asked to go there, or when I sat by her bed with her for days when she had chicken pox at four.

Sometimes I wonder if this isn't all part of some long-term, carefully conceived plan that she's unfolded over almost the last year, I seriously do, because in retrospect it seems too precise and perfect, like burying a time-bomb under where a stage will be set up down the road.

There's a place in the Bible where it says you can sell your daughter into slavery, and I been thinking about that lately....
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Alex

Quote from: ER on July 26, 2024, 07:54:53 AMMost teenagers rebel by stealing a car, becoming a drug dealer, getting a college-age boyfriend in middle school, you know, wholesome things in other words. Lucky parents.

My kid, the one who wants to be a surgeon and who completed an undergraduate organic chemistry class in eighth grade with a 4.0, has taken things up to eleven in her own unique and devastating style, and has finally pinpointed a way to truly crucify me for all the rotten things I guess I did to her and never realized I was doing, like giving her the whole downstairs for her room apartment when she was fourteen, or letting her go to Ireland for the summer when she was twelve, or putting her in a particular private school, just because she asked to go there, or when I sat by her bed with her for days when she had chicken pox at four.

Sometimes I wonder if this isn't all part of some long-term, carefully conceived plan that she's unfolded over almost the last year, I seriously do, because in retrospect it seems too precise and perfect, like burying a time-bomb under where a stage will be set up down the road.

There's a place in the Bible where it says you can sell your daughter into slavery, and I been thinking about that lately....

Ever watched Family Guy?
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness