Main Menu

Quarantine Cooking

Started by claws, March 27, 2020, 11:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chefzombie

i have a question, please? i know you're in germany, do you have any idea WTH my BFF's GF is talking about when she says she misses " german french fry ketchup"? she's  not able to recall the brand.
don't EVEN...EVER!

claws

I don't think I've ever seen a specific ketchup tailor made for french fries only. We have varieties of something called Pommes Sauce (french fry sauce) but those are mayo based.

There are a few german ketchup flavors that have been around for ages. There's Gewürz-Ketchup, which is a spice infused ketchup. And there's the classic Curry-Ketchup that has a good amount of curry. Both go well with french fries.

chefzombie

AHA! thank you, that gives me something to work with to be able to surprise her for her birthday. she's a sweet woman, but is not food savvy in the least. i'll see what i can find online, i'm betting it's the spice infused one.  :cheers:
don't EVEN...EVER!

claws

Homemade Indian style Butter Chicken

claws

Doner with rice and hummus

chefzombie

BINGO, claws! it IS that spice infused one, it's made by hela and she likes the extra hot one. i bought 3 different  sets, she also likes the remia brand frites sauce too, and had forgotten about that. and the ziesner(SP?) garlic curry ketchup is a hit too! thanks again!  :cheers:
don't EVEN...EVER!

claws

No prob. Yeah, Hela's is a popular brand here in Germany. I buy their sauces and ketchup most of the time.

claws

Orange Flavored Oliveoil drizzled Meatballs with goat cheese creme, figs, feta and red pesto potato salad.

ER

Quote from: claws on August 14, 2020, 12:43:37 PM
Orange Flavored Oliveoil drizzled Meatballs with goat cheese creme, figs, feta and red pesto potato salad.

Amazing.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

claws

ER

In fact now I look through them, all the recipes you've posted in this thread are impressive, claws. Well done.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

chefzombie

red pesto? that intrigues me, what's in it,claws,please?
don't EVEN...EVER!

claws

Pesto made of sun dried tomatoes

chefzombie

aha! that's rather brilliant! thank you!  :cheers:
don't EVEN...EVER!

claws

We went out for lunch. I had a Vienna style schnitzel with potatosalad. The best! and I took the pic from a wrong angle. I was just too excited for the food heh