Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:24:06 AM
714506 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Looting « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Author Topic: Looting  (Read 27659 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #135 on: June 16, 2020, 01:10:38 PM »

I had a guy and his wife live in the apartment above us. He was a nice guy. Retired, drunk all the time. Kinda like me now. When I started dating Tiana, I brought her over to his house. We were listening to the radio and talking, having a drink, and I went into the kitchen to get the whiskey bottle. He followed me in and said-"That's your girl freind?" I said "Yeah!" He said- "But she's a n****r!"
I walked into the next room and said to Tiana-"Let's go home."

He had a rebel flag hanging on his wall.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #136 on: June 16, 2020, 01:15:51 PM »

I had a guy and his wife live in the apartment above us. He was a nice guy. Retired, drunk all the time. Kinda like me now. When I started dating Tiana, I brought her over to his house. We were listening to the radio and talking, having a drink, and I went into the kitchen to get the whiskey bottle. He followed me in and said-"That's your girl freind?" I said "Yeah!" He said- "But she's a n****r!"

What an a$$hole.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #137 on: June 16, 2020, 01:16:39 PM »

RC- thats a plot by northern djs to get people to hate the south

That's what I thought.

Seriously- why should you give a flying fVck if they take these things down. I DON'T think they should destroy them. I would buy one and paint it weird colors and put it in my backyard- holding a hanging plant pot.
And yes- That is what I would plant in it.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #138 on: June 16, 2020, 01:29:52 PM »

What an a$$hole.

The thing was- I never thought because he had a Confederate flag that he was a racist. I had some books on the Civil War and he borrowed them from me. I just thought he was a history buff. Sure was! He loved the Confederacy! He really didn't think of Black folks as people. He was flying the flag. Most folks who do think the same way. Would you wave a Nazi flag in a Jewish neighborhood? Should you wave a Confederate flag in Atlanta? You may as well hang a flag that says "f**k You n****r!", because some folks need to have that feeling " I am better than you!" Gives them a feeling of control over the situation.
I dunno.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 01:34:37 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #139 on: June 16, 2020, 04:22:00 PM »

The thing was- I never thought because he had a Confederate flag that he was a racist. I had some books on the Civil War and he borrowed them from me. I just thought he was a history buff. Sure was! He loved the Confederacy! He really didn't think of Black folks as people. He was flying the flag. Most folks who do think the same way. Would you wave a Nazi flag in a Jewish neighborhood? Should you wave a Confederate flag in Atlanta? You may as well hang a flag that says "f**k You n****r!", because some folks need to have that feeling " I am better than you!" Gives them a feeling of control over the situation.
I dunno.
Okay, blah blah blah... the guy is an a$$hole?

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #140 on: June 16, 2020, 08:25:56 PM »

People who live in the South who hang Confederate flags may or may not be racist. Anyone north of the Mason-Dixon line who hangs a Confederate flag is almost certainly a racist.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #141 on: June 17, 2020, 06:46:34 PM »

...On the subject of roads named for people, whenever I drive into town I pass a street named for a man who was active in the civil rights movement of mid- last century, both in this city and on a larger stage, married, a minister, and after his death it came out that over the course of his life he had used his influence and position to become involved with multiple underage young women in his congregation and in the larger civil rights movement. It disgusts me that even after #metoo no one seems inclined to take his name off that street after that sort of misconduct.
Who was the road named for?   Question 

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #142 on: June 17, 2020, 07:20:53 PM »

^ I think she may be referring to this-

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2019/05/30/irresponsible-historians-attack-david-garrows-mlk-allegations/

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #143 on: June 17, 2020, 09:51:02 PM »

Let her answer.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #144 on: June 18, 2020, 02:26:09 AM »

^ Yeah, I know what she means. And I know where this is going. I hope not- but I think it may be. Not about MLK....just this conversation.
The accusations against Martin Luther King are from FBI bugs. Those tapes do not exist anymore. How conveinant!
J.Edgar Hoover was out for blood with King. If Hoover had any kind of evidence to bust King- it would have happened then. They were not buddies.
I ain't gonna say it did or didn't happen. But it's questionable. yeah. Lookingup
Were talking about the Rebel Flag- and you dig up some unproven theory about Martin Luther King.
Way to go!  Thumbup

« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 02:35:27 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #145 on: June 18, 2020, 07:27:06 AM »

^ Yeah, I know what she means. And I know where this is going. I hope not- but I think it may be. Not about MLK....just this conversation.
The accusations against Martin Luther King are from FBI bugs. Those tapes do not exist anymore. How conveinant!
J.Edgar Hoover was out for blood with King. If Hoover had any kind of evidence to bust King- it would have happened then. They were not buddies.
I ain't gonna say it did or didn't happen. But it's questionable. yeah. Lookingup
Were talking about the Rebel Flag- and you dig up some unproven theory about Martin Luther King.
Way to go!  Thumbup

You are out of line.  You are presumptuous and condescending.   Bluesad  You cannot keep a cork in it.   Thumbdown

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #146 on: June 18, 2020, 08:22:43 AM »

^ Fancy words for some one who just called a board member an ass...and then dismissed my post by saying "Blah blah blah".  
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 10:09:22 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #147 on: June 18, 2020, 10:50:27 AM »

^ Fancy words for some one who just called a board member an ass...and then dismissed my post by saying "Blah blah blah".  

No... your post was NOT dismissed ... I wanted you to ANSWER THE QUESTION PUT TO YOU in response to your post, particularly since I THINK we agree.    Here 'tis :

I dunno.
Okay, blah blah blah... the guy is an a$$hole?

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #148 on: June 18, 2020, 10:55:05 AM »

^ so full of yourself. You rag on others- but can't take a hit.
Oh- blah blah blah, ass!  Lookingup "Blah blah blah- so he was an a***ole?"
No- I didn't think he was an a***ole. He was my friend, and I was disappointed and sad.
That was what I was trying to get across.
If ER was NOT talking about King- I will apoligize to her- not to you.
And I do believe I have the right to respond to someone's post without your permission.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 11:15:22 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #149 on: June 18, 2020, 11:16:08 AM »

^ so full of yourself. You rag on others- but can't take a hit.
Oh- blah blah blah, ass!  Lookingup
No- I didn't think he was an a***ole. He was my friend, and I was disappointed and sad.
That was what I was trying to get across.
And I do believe I have the right to respond to someone's post without your permission.
Sure I can take a hit.  Nobody gave me a shot, until now.   Thumbup TeddyR
Oh, you can write anything you want.  
And, anyone who calls a guest in his home "that word" is an A$$HOLE.  

Uhm, as I wrote above and to you PM, you can say anything you want.  HOWEVER, you don't answer my question to you BUT you answer my question to ER. (See my reaction above.)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 11:36:55 AM by Allhallowsday » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Looting « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.