Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:51:10 AM
714503 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Got some very bad news today « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Got some very bad news today  (Read 9566 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2020, 02:54:27 PM »

I admit that my mentor looked a little shocked when I said I will be taking early retirement in three years.

While we all know you are one heckuva historian, did they really expect you to (figuratively) "lie back and think of England" as they screwed you?

Hatred  Apologies Trevor: I am presuming to be incensed on your behalf.

Thumbup

They also said I did not answer the questions in the manner that would lead them to think I was a good candidate for the job? One of the questions they asked was "Name the stages of film production" which I challenged, saying that has nothing to to with film archiving but the stages are pre-production, production, post production and release (and we all know that)

No, this was all total BS and my interview was just a box check, nothing more.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2020, 02:58:40 PM »

So it's reverse racism? They are over compensating?

Pretty much.  Tit for tat.

I have had it explained to me in recent times that it is not racism unless it is expressed by members of the group in power.  And here it is.    Bluesad

It is so, unfortunately.

My mentor did tell me that the Chief Director - part of the panel - was very impressed with my knowledge: being impressed by someone's knowledge doesn't put money in my wallet or food on my table.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2020, 03:33:13 PM »

Are you sure? That's why they did what they did?
Trevor- your my buddy. But I think your reading too much into it.
All jobs want new blood. I worked at a factory for 30 years- I was a foreman too. But they go for young blood.

Not reading too much into it at all: in 1996, all the Caucasian staff members at my work got called in as a group and we were told to our faces that we were, as so called pale males, "undesirable elements" now that apartheid had gone and were told that we either needed to get with the program or leave. I was raised in a non racial household and this made me very angry. I told the senior staffer to go f*** herself as she didn't know me. She ended up leaving "because of work related stress" and I was the only one who stayed.

Some Americans find it hard to accept that the very thing that they want to happen in the United States of America, land of the "free", is considered as racist in other countries. But then again, most uncultured Americans that have never set foot outside of the country except for maybe a trip to Canada to score some stronger beer are even aware of the laws of other countries in the first place.

Your so wise Alaska boy!  Lookingup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2020, 01:55:11 AM »

Are you sure? That's why they did what they did?
Trevor- your my buddy. But I think your reading too much into it.
All jobs want new blood. I worked at a factory for 30 years- I was a foreman too. But they go for young blood.

Not reading too much into it at all: in 1996, all the Caucasian staff members at my work got called in as a group and we were told to our faces that we were, as so called pale males, "undesirable elements" now that apartheid had gone and were told that we either needed to get with the program or leave. I was raised in a non racial household and this made me very angry. I told the senior staffer to go f*** herself as she didn't know me. She ended up leaving "because of work related stress" and I was the only one who stayed.

Some Americans find it hard to accept that the very thing that they want to happen in the United States of America, land of the "free", is considered as racist in other countries. But then again, most uncultured Americans that have never set foot outside of the country except for maybe a trip to Canada to score some stronger beer are even aware of the laws of other countries in the first place.

Your so wise Alaska boy!  Lookingup

I have actually traveled to other countries around the world, and not just Canada either.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Got some very bad news today « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.