Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:48:40 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad Movies By Good Directors « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Bad Movies By Good Directors  (Read 26552 times)
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2021, 12:18:50 AM »

Dario Argento... there's a lot of places I could go here, but THE CARD PLAYER is really bad. really hard to take on 1st viewing, on 2nd viewing I quite enjoyed its badness

I don't think I could do a second viewing of THE CARD PLAYER...but I have watched worse - more than once
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2021, 01:35:41 AM »

i dunno why but i just haven't seen a film of his i love, i'm not saying everything he's done is terrible at all, creepers which is the version i saw it as (1985) was a decent one but i haven't seen the Original version though.  Demons (1985) i rented that years ago and i thought while the makeup was great as was the gore the film was terrible but not as bad as it's sequel (1988) 

or am i thinking of the wrong guy? my apologies if i am
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2021, 08:35:58 AM »

Argento did not direct DEMONS- he produced it.
Lamberto Bava did.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
pennywise37

« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2021, 02:03:32 AM »

oh okay well could not remember and i didn't look it up so thank you.

i watched a really bad one the other nite called Wild Horses (2015) with Robert Duvall,  Josh Harnett and James Franco and Duvall not only wrote it and starred in it he directed it. & the film was utter s**t WOW was it bad, not one of Duvall's best performances and Harnett was decent but the one that really made it watchable was Franco now he was good in it.

do not watch this movie man it's easily one of their worst i think i gave it a 3/10
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2021, 06:14:26 AM »

Godfather Part III (1990) might be considered an easy target, but even if Winona Ryder had stayed in the movie instead of Sofia Coppola having only 2 weeks to prep for that role as Ryder's replacement, the movie itself still would have been terrible; Sofia Coppola took the brunt of that movie's criticism in 1990 because she was clearly not fit to be given such a prominent role in that movie. It was just all around bad, the acting was just forced and ho-hum at times, the movie was about one hour too long, and I personally thought it was hilarious that Talia Shire was reduced to reprising her Adrian Balboa acting schtick to salvage something out of her role as Connie Corleone, because that was who she reminded me of. Francis Ford Coppola really batted a no-hitter with this one, which is regrettable because this was supposed to be the end to a fantastic trilogy, not leaving you with a bad taste in your mouth.

I took a chance back in January and bought The Godfather, Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone (2020). I'm not sure what all that Coppola did to "fix" his movie, but it is a much more watchable film than his original. He basically just moved a few sequences around; one that took place about a half hour into the film now starts it off, but a lot of the rest of the movie is the same as the original 1990 version. I still prefer the first two films to this one, but now this newer version of the 3rd movie is not as bad as it used to be.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
pennywise37

« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2021, 02:40:29 AM »

i read an interview he did and he said one thing he wanted to do with his new cut was to have his daughter have a bigger part cause he thinks people give her too much for for the film. weather he did that i dunno or weather he was right i dunno that either as i haven't seen it either
claws
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2021, 05:42:09 AM »

Acclaimed director Jonathan Demme's The Truth About Charlie (2002) seems to be his biggest flop. Never seen it myself but the IMDb score is very low.
pennywise37

« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2021, 07:05:58 PM »

i haven't seen that one either myself i'm a fan of his too, i love Joe Dante but The Civil War ?i think it's called an HBO made for tv movie from (1997) i bought the VHS years ago and  at the time watched it with my mom and i thought it was terrible and so did she.

the movie is that forgettable i'm not even sure on it's title i mean if i even got it right. but that one has it's fans as i've seen people say online how it's a favorite of theirs go figure.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad Movies By Good Directors « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.