Main Menu

Your better half.

Started by RCMerchant, August 26, 2020, 05:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RCMerchant

I been with Tiana 8 wonderful years.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

indianasmith

Patty and I met in 2nd grade, way back in 1971. 
We were grade school sweethearts, high school sweethearts, and have been married since 1984.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

RCMerchant

Quote from: indianasmith on August 26, 2020, 06:51:32 PM
Patty and I met in 2nd grade, way back in 1971.  
We were grade school sweethearts, high school sweethearts, and have been married since 1984.
Holey moley! I was 9 then.
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

ER

Congratulations on eight years, RC.

That's a sweet love story, Indy!

I met my husband nineteen years ago next week, when I was just climbing back into the world after the worst year of my life, and his patient adoration over time was more seductive than my reluctance to get involved with another person was enduring. I'm glad we've been in each other's lives, I'm grateful for countless things about him and for what he's always brought out in me. We're beautifully well-matched (in many ways as opposites), we're still together, and I believe we always will be, come what may.

I wish happiness for everyone with the person you chose.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Trevor

I never married, unfortunately.

My greatest regret is that I don't have kids of my own but I do have quite a few young peeps in my life who I consider to be my children (I treat them the way I would if they were mine), especially the two who call me Uncle Zombie.
I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.

ER

Quote from: Trevor on August 27, 2020, 01:26:08 PM

My greatest regret is that I don't have kids of my own but I do have quite a few young peeps in my life who I consider to be my children (I treat them the way I would if they were mine), especially the two who call me Uncle Zombie.

You'd have been a fine father, Trevor, as you're a fine honorary dad and uncle now. You've been a positive influence on young people's lives and that's a noble use of a lifetime. Keep it up.  :thumbup:

Trevor

Quote from: ER on August 27, 2020, 04:18:57 PM
Quote from: Trevor on August 27, 2020, 01:26:08 PM

You'd have been a fine father, Trevor, as you're a fine honorary dad and uncle now. You've been a positive influence on young people's lives and that's a noble use of a lifetime. Keep it up.  :thumbup:

Hugs.

You all probably know that I was an abused child and teen: yet people with kids who know me well and know my history, will quite happily let me look after their kids as they know I won't allow any harm to come to them. This excuse of "I do it because it was done to me" is BS.

ER

Do you ever think about trying to find someone again, Trevor? That could change your life in many ways and I do think you have much that you could offer to another. I know it takes a lot bravery but finding love is definitely worth it.

Trevor

Quote from: ER on August 28, 2020, 10:32:14 AM
Do you ever think about trying to find someone again, Trevor? That could change your life in many ways and I do think you have much that you could offer to another. I know it takes a lot bravery but finding love is definitely worth it.

The thing with me is love has always been a one way thing: from me to others but nothing is returned. That sucks and that's why I've been celibate for 16 years. What I'm saying is the people I want to be with in every way possible don't want me that way and see me as a brother.

Rev. Powell

Quote from: Trevor on August 28, 2020, 12:32:58 PM

The thing with me is love has always been a one way thing: from me to others but nothing is returned. That sucks and that's why I've been celibate for 16 years. What I'm saying is the people I want to be with in every way possible don't want me that way and see me as a brother.

My view has always been, if you can't find true love, have a lot of sex instead. As runner-up prizes go, it's one of the best.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

ER

Quote from: Trevor on August 28, 2020, 12:32:58 PM
What I'm saying is the people I want to be with in every way possible don't want me that way and see me as a brother.

Being seen as a brother could be problematic..... wait, have you tried hitting on Game of Thrones fans?

Trevor

Quote from: RCMerchant on August 26, 2020, 05:18:21 PM
I been with Tiana 8 wonderful years.

You're a lucky man, Brother.