Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:09:21 PM
713373 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  WandaVision. Marvel's first Disney+ show. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: WandaVision. Marvel's first Disney+ show.  (Read 11098 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« on: October 26, 2020, 10:36:29 PM »

WandaVision drops in December on Disney+.  I think this was the last show slated to be released but now is the first due to Covid-19.  Apparently finished filming before Covid.  Others were still shooting as the pandemic unfolded.
Small | Large

It has Wanda (Scarlet Witch) mentally breaking down over the tragedies over her past few years (Death of her brother, the incidents in her home country, the Avenger films, the death of her boyfriend and Tony Stark, etc) and her depression is creating this alternate reality and it needs to be addressed.

It leads towards Doctor Strange 2 and the MCU Multi-verse.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 05:48:15 PM »

The above is correct.

The Falcon and Winter Soldier production unit in Prague (the Czech Republic) shut down when the pandemic 1st hit Europe. With a 2nd wave now enveloping Europe, who knows when it will re-open.

The Shang-Chi production unit was also shut down due to the pandemic. Originally scheduled for release the 1st half of 2021, it is now schedduled for release the 2nd half of 2021.

What that means for the 5 issue comic book release of Shang-Chi, beginning in June, 2020, I have no idea. As that could be done "in house," that may mean they are waiting for the film to re released in 2021 to release the comic books.

Not Marvel, but Disney+, there was/is some talk of doing a live action version, called Peter Pan and Wendy, of the animated Peter Pan for Disney+. Where that is, there again I have no idea.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 07:01:09 PM »

I hadn't heard of the Pan and Wendy thing, but i'd be interested in that honestly.

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 05:35:33 PM »

Falcon and Winter Soldier has either resumed production or will shortly resume production.

Other Marvel characters to get their own show include . . .
. . .Hawkeye
. . .Loki
. . .Moon Knight
. . . Ms. Marvel
. . . She-Hulk
Most of these will be of a limited series of 6 episodes.

And not Marvel, but Disney+ . . .
. . . Obi Wan Kenobi with Ewan McGregor
. . . Willow with Warwick Davis

More info as it becomes available.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 04:20:14 PM »

Willow represents one of the most important facts in Hollywood.
Connections.
Ron Howard who is the executive producer for Willow, which is streaming on Disney+, has been associated, at one time or the other, for one thing or another, with Disney for over 50 years.

The 2nd important fact in Hollywood is . . .
Success.
Which is why the director of Rich Crazy Asians Jon Chu is the director of note for both . . .
the 1st episode of Willow and a live action remake of the animated Lilo and Stitch.

More info as it becomes available.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 01:25:44 PM »

Just got Disney plus.  Interesting service.

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2020, 05:49:03 PM »

Taylor Swift's concert movie : Folklore : the Long Pond Session now streaming on Disney+. Swift performing all 17 songss in order and revealing behind the scenes stories and secrets from all 17 songs.

Animaniacs is back, but, not where you exxpect. Not on HBO Max which is the Warner streaming service, but on Hulu, which is the adult sister of Disney+. 26 episodes. It's been 21 years since the original last appeared, but the same voice talent is back and Amblin and Warner Bros. Entertainment are once more the production companies. HBO Max does draw its shows from 52 Hollywood production companies.

Next time: more
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2020, 05:10:13 PM »

Disney+
Users choice on Google Play

Apple TV App of he year

#3 most downloaded app on iPhone and
#2 most downloaded app on iPad.

Somewhere between 73M and 74M subscribers.
And more next year in 2021 as it becomes available in Eastern Europe, Hong Kong, Singapore, and South Kotrs.

The number of subscribers pales, when iet comes to Netflix with 200M subscribers and Amazon Prime with 150M subscribers, but Netflix is about maxed out with only 2.3M new subscribers, down from 2.5M subscribers, per month, while Disney+ has somewhere 6M and 10M new subscribers per month. If those trends continue, Disney+ should surpass both Netflix and Amazon Prime in subscribers sometime in 2023.

While the pandemic has not been good for all businesses, it's been good for most of your streaming services, except for Quibi, which recently ended service earlier this year. For example HBO Max, which is owned by ATandT from whom he gets his local service. In less than 3 months it has added 4M new subscribers for a total between 12M and 13M, and at $15 per month, if it retains all its subscribers, it'll take in over $2B next year.

More as it becomes available.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2020, 03:32:48 PM »

It'll take another year, but . . .

subscribers
2020 82M-83M
2024 260M (predicted)

at which point Disney+ will surpass Netflix as the most subscribed to streaming service in the world.
That is in addition to  . . .

2020 38M Hulu
2020 12M ESPN

The stripped down version of Disney+ is $6.99 with an increase of $1.00 to $7.99 in March, 2021, but there is a package rate of $13.99 for Hulu, ESPN, and Disney+, with no idea whether the price of that will go up in March, 2021, or stay the same.

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2020, 05:07:24 PM »

For those who like Marvel, these are the 10 new Marvel series slated to appear on Disney+.
Armor Wars with War Machine -- Falcon and the Winter Soldier -- Hawkeye -- I am Groot -- Ironheart -- Loki -- Moonknight -- Ms. Marvel -- Secret Invasion with Nick Fury -- She-Hulk -- and WandaVision. Okay. That's 11.

For those who like Star Wars, these are the 10 new or not so new series slated to appear on Disney+ plus 1 film.
The Mandalorian -- Ahsoka -- Rangers of the Republic -- Obi-Wan -- Andor -- Lando -- the Acolyte -- The Bad Batch featuring Clone Trooper and from Dave Filoni -- Star Wars : Visions -- A Droid Story. The last 3 being animated.
As for the film, most likely set in the High Republic, which timewise falls before Episode 1, and most likely a theatrical film in the hopes that it sets off a new trilogy.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2020, 06:34:02 PM »

I'm stoked for all the Marvel stuff.

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2020, 03:43:20 PM »

And Hollywood fires another shot across the bow of your local cinema.

It use to be that an original film seen on a streaming service was eligible for a Best Picture Oscar, but, it also had to play in theaters. Most normally either in New York (New york) amd/or Los Angeles (California.) No more. A streaming only film without a  tbeatrical theater
 release is now elligible for the Oscar, which is why Pixar's Soul, which streams on Disney+ on Christmas is the odds on favorite to take home the animated featur Oscar. If it does win, in the past 2 decades half of the oscars have been wound by a Pixar film. It is also possible that the film will be nominated for a Best Picture Oscar.

And for all you Miwaukee (Wisconsin) Bucks fans that peruse this site, as part of the 15 original animated, live action, Pixxar films to be seen on Disney+ next year, there are plans to make a film about asketball player Giannis Antetokounmpo. And, yes, he has signed a 5-year extension to his current contract, so he'll be with the Bucks for at least another 5 years, after his current contract expires. Though, where they'll get the money to pay him is anyboy'd guess.

And, I can see more sports films and shows being seen on Disney+, as they go down welll with both audiences and critics. Indeed, there is talk of making the 1993 film The Sandlot into a series to be seen on Disney+.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2020, 07:17:03 PM »

Unrelated to WV or Marvel, I've been using Disney+ for Star Wars.

I'm 36, and had only seen Phantom Menace prior. 

I've since decided to watch Episode 4: A New Hope, and Episode 5: Empire Strikes Back.

I've enjoyed both thus far. 

Figured I'd watch how they were released theatrically as opposed to 'chronologically.' Cheers

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2020, 03:15:15 AM »

Check out the Machette order. It's a different way of watching the Star Wars movies.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2020, 06:18:14 AM »

Unrelated to WV or Marvel, I've been using Disney+ for Star Wars.

I'm 36, and had only seen Phantom Menace prior. 

I've since decided to watch Episode 4: A New Hope, and Episode 5: Empire Strikes Back.

I've enjoyed both thus far. 

Figured I'd watch how they were released theatrically as opposed to 'chronologically.' Cheers

As a first-timer, you did it "correctly", because if you had watched it in chronological order the first time through then Darth Vader's big reveal to Luke in Episode V would have had much less impact if you had already seen the back story before watching Episode IV. As a 6-year-old boy in the summer of 1980 when The Empire Strikes Back first hit the theaters, I remember that being the most shocking subject in pop culture before J.R. got shot on Dallas the following year.  Cheers

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  WandaVision. Marvel's first Disney+ show. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.