Main Menu

Rob Zombie presents The Munsters?

Started by Alex, March 11, 2021, 04:13:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim H

Quote from: HappyGilmore on July 26, 2022, 08:34:07 AM
Quote from: Jim H on July 15, 2022, 10:10:22 PM
Quote from: chainsaw midget on July 15, 2022, 08:20:58 PM
This doesn't look like a movie I'd go to the theater to see, but it looks great for a middle of the night viewing at home. 

There's something odd about the style, that makes it look both cheap and expensive at the same time, which could take a while to get used to. 

Sources say the budget is $40 million, which seems completely insane to me.  For comparison, his two Halloween films, House of 1000 Corpses, and the Devil's Rejects combined aren't much more than that.
He released a statement refuting this and said that 5 of his movies total, cost around $40 Million combined. It's budget was likely closer to $10 million or so, given the actor salaries, production costs of rebuilding a house, practical effects and make up, etc.

Yeah, that makes a lot more sense.  Just a wild rumor I believed, woops.

Just to comment, I saw the new trailer, and it's better but only marginally.  It's shockingly bad how it still looks, almost every line is painful and the physical performance of Herman seems poor so far.  Audio is still poor quality, looks like it needs to be looped - but if so, why release the trailer?  Maybe Rob's fault, who knows. 

Related, I think the guy playing Herman can do a good comedic performance with the right material.  This is him, in what I think is one of the better commercials of the past couple decades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H02iwWCrXew

Alex

Hail to thyself
For I am my own master
I am my own god
I require no shepherd
For I am no sheep.