Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:18:05 AM
713348 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What animal could you beat in a fight? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What animal could you beat in a fight?  (Read 2603 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« on: May 15, 2021, 10:52:23 AM »

Article: https://today.yougov.com/topics/lifestyle/articles-reports/2021/05/13/lions-and-tigers-and-bears-what-animal-would-win-f?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=website_article&utm_campaign=animal_fights

These results are incredibly silly. 28% of Americans believe they cant' beat a rat? 6% think they could beat a grizzly bear? (And I hope the 17% who think they could beat a chimp never find themselves in that situation, because they'd be in for a nasty surprise.)

For me, I think I could beat a rat, cat, goose, medium sized dog. Probably nothing else, though I might be able to give a large dog a contest depending on the breed.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
claws
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 02:43:47 PM »

Rats are hard to beat, speaking of own experience here. Before we moved out our old apartment three rats decided to move in under our kitchen sink. It's not like the property was rat infested but we had a huge yard and there was a spot that had rats in it. The house owner knew about this, and for many years he tried to get rid off them. He put broken glass and poison in their nest but nothing seem to work. Basically, he had no clue how to get rid off them and he was too cheap to call pest control.
Anyway, my nieces cat was able to kill one of them but the other two didn't show up for over a week. We set up a big rat trap that snapped their neck with a metal thingie once they get the bait. It worked on one but the other didn't touch the bait. We eventually ripped out the cabinet under the sink and boy was it a mess. Rat poop everywhere.
This was followed by a scary but also hilarious rat hunt in the kitchen. We made sure there was no hiding place before we tore down the sink. Rats have a strong survival instinct plus they are really smart. They will attack and jump on you if they are cornered.
After some time we found him hiding behind the heater. He crawled a bit up the wall behind the heater. My nephew had a stick with a big long nail on it and stabbed the rat through the heater. Even though it was injured the rat made a run for it. My other nephew stomped on it repeatedly. It was nasty, like straight out of a horror film lol
Anyway, the rat was finally dead and yeah, that was it.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 01:38:51 AM by claws » Logged
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 09:24:02 PM »

A big field rat got into my girls' room when they were about two years old.
I killed it with a "Spean-n-Spell."
That toy never did work right after that . . .

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 03:36:01 AM »

The largest animal I've ever beaten in a fight was a dog that was significantly larger than me (Pyranesian Mountain Dog, bred to fight bears) and I'd to cheat a bit to do it (the dog was my then girlfriends). It kept growling at me and her kids and I figured I had to establish dominance over it as having an animal that size thinking it is the alpha male was potentially dangerous. Anyway, one day while I was in the house with just me and it, it started growling at me while I was making some food in the kitchen. I ignored him until he seemed distracted and then I jumped on the dog and pinned him down by the neck to the ground, doing my best to imitate one dog pinning another to the ground by the neck, only using my arms rather than my mouth. I didn't choke the dog or anything but I did hold him there until he stopped struggling and accepted defeat.

I would be less confident in taking on an animal that size in a straight fight, but as long as I get to use my intelligence to pick my battleground yeah, I can take something up to that size that doesn't have some additional factor like a poisonous bite or spines etc.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2021, 08:15:24 AM »

Bed bugs, lice and crabs.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2021, 09:07:40 AM »

Bed bugs, lice and crabs.

Bed bugs will always win. If I tried to fight them. And I have.
Try and kill millions of tiny bugs with nothing but your bare hands and wits. Sand fleas as well.
Lice I can kill.
 Never had to try and kill crabs. I have killed crawfish!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 09:53:09 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2021, 02:26:59 PM »

one day while I was in the house with just me and it, it started growling at me while I was making some food in the kitchen. I ignored him until he seemed distracted and then I jumped on the dog and pinned him down by the neck to the ground, doing my best to imitate one dog pinning another to the ground by the neck, only using my arms rather than my mouth. I didn't choke the dog or anything but I did hold him there until he stopped struggling and accepted defeat.

I would be less confident in taking on an animal that size in a straight fight, but as long as I get to use my intelligence to pick my battleground yeah, I can take something up to that size that doesn't have some additional factor like a poisonous bite or spines etc.

I did the same with a Golden Retriever.  I had no choice.  Held him down by the throat until he stopped.  Definitely agree we have to use our intelligence to our advantage and pick our battlefields;  physically we are underequipped to take on most animals.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2021, 08:19:35 PM »

... physically we are underequipped to take on most animals.

Except lice.  Apparently lice can be defeated.   Thumbup Smile

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2021, 01:18:52 PM »

... physically we are underequipped to take on most animals.

Except lice.  Apparently lice can be defeated.   Thumbup Smile

Mary Prehn, who was in her late 80's when she died- I called her Aunt Mary all my life. We were not related.
She told me in the 1940's she would use kerosine on her kids heads and let it sit for an hour. Then put your kids in the shower and use a nit comb to get out all the dead lice and nits. It worked.  I didn't use it on my kids. I used lighter fluid on my self. Had the same result. But my kids had to go to school. I just shaved
they're little heads.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 01:21:50 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2021, 08:10:23 AM »

a fish

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2021, 08:36:13 AM »

a fish

Depends on the fish, I guess. Go knuckles to teeth with a shark.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2021, 09:49:24 PM »

A chicken

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What animal could you beat in a fight? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.