Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:42:25 AM
713337 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Roadkill (2011) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Roadkill (2011)  (Read 3060 times)
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« on: June 13, 2021, 06:41:43 PM »

Watched this Friday, and for a Syfy movie,  it wasn't all that bad.  I had been meaning to see it since the cover features "Crawling Woman"  that we've noticed on several movie covers.

Six post college friends are taking a road trip through Ireland, when they get themselves placed under a curse that has them being hunted by a large bird called a Rocc.

Let me get the bad out of the way first.  This is still a Syfy movie so it has a lot of what that entails.  Some of the characters are annoying and due stupid things.  The monster is all cheap CGI.  And the plot is one I'm sure a lot of us have seen before.  One of the only real twists is that the final survivor isn't who I thought it would be.

But I think it was decently paced, had one or two practical gore effects. The monster stays a constant threat or presences through the movie-so not a lot of  unnecessary downtime.  And really, there aren't a lot of killer bird movies.  There's The Birds by Alfred Hitchock, the Birdemic series, and off course theThe Giant Claw.  (I know there's probabl others, but none I can really think of right now)

Speaking of the Giant Claw.  Its obvious the Roc in this movie is modeled after the infamous big-as-a-battleship-buzzard.  It looks like a somewhat less goofy version of it. 

If you can watch a Syfy original, you should be able to get through this: no problem.  Wasn't bad.  Might watch it again sometime.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 01:42:22 PM »

For a second I read 'a more goofy version of the Giant Claw', and wondered how that was possible before I realised my mistake.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 02:59:38 PM »

You should create a blog where you only review movies whose posters feature the Crawling Woman, and rate them as to how much crawling is in them.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
chainsaw midget

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 01:12:41 PM »

You should create a blog where you only review movies whose posters feature the Crawling Woman, and rate them as to how much crawling is in them.
I love this idea. 
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2021, 05:04:49 PM »

I love this idea. 

I feel if we're going to do that, we should come up with a name for her instead of constantly calling her the Crawling Woman.   Cathy Crawl ,  or Slithering Samantha.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
atticusedwards
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2021, 10:41:31 PM »

I just watched it yesterday, It's pretty good but maybe still not interesting enough for me.  Twirling Twirling Twirling
chainsaw midget

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2021, 11:11:21 PM »

I love this idea. 

I feel if we're going to do that, we should come up with a name for her instead of constantly calling her the Crawling Woman.   Cathy Crawl ,  or Slithering Samantha.
Katie Crawly? 
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2021, 09:07:34 AM »

I love this idea. 

Katie Crawly? 

Cindy Crawlford?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2021, 12:53:39 PM »

^ Joan Crawlford?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2021, 02:17:25 AM »

Crawlforth, perhaps?

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
KaseyBear
New Visitor

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2021, 07:47:37 AM »

This one is so bad... Bluesad
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Roadkill (2011) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.