Main Menu

What foods can't you stand?

Started by RCMerchant, June 15, 2021, 07:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RCMerchant

At # 1 for me would be asparagus. I hate that slimy weed.
Liver, okra, hummus are also nasty. Tripe- ugh! Pickled pigs feet...I mean, come on, man! A f**king pigs foot, fer crying' out loud! Sauerkraut soup. Yeech!  :buggedout:
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Rev. Powell

I'm with you on asparagus, man. Also most cruciferous vegetables: broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower.... but I do like cabbage.

A big no on organ meats too.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

RCMerchant

I'd agree on organ meats. Ugh! But I do like tounge , if it's cooked right.

I LOVE stuffed cabbage!
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!

Rev. Powell

And I may be alone here but... sweet potatoes and pumpkin. (Yeah, I stick to turkey and mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving).

pacman000

Quote from: Rev. Powell on June 15, 2021, 10:46:16 AM
And I may be alone here but... sweet potatoes and pumpkin. (Yeah, I stick to turkey and mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving).
What about Pecan Pie?

Leah

Mainly peanuts. I never liked them, even though I like walnuts, pistachios, macadamia nuts, almonds, cashews.  This also includes peanut butter as well.
yeah no.

Rev. Powell

Quote from: pacman000 on June 15, 2021, 11:00:23 AM
Quote from: Rev. Powell on June 15, 2021, 10:46:16 AM
What about Pecan Pie?

Not my favorite but I will eat it. Heck, I've made one for Thanksgiving.

bob

water chestnut, deviled eggs, olives
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Alex

Brussels sprouts, cabbage and most fish.
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

retrorussell

Most vegetables.  Brussel sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, parsnips, squash, zucchini, asparagus, artichokes, peas, sweet corn, yams and many many more.  I hated that parents BITD just assumed you were being a s**t when it would come right back up, but some foods just won't stay down.  My dad used to like cream corn and cream peas.. ugh!  Celery, carrots, lettuce, peppers, olives, cucumbers and olives are good.

Not a fan of many fruits.  Bananas are good in pies.  But plain they just turn into a sweet, pasty mush in my mouth and.. bleck!  Apples I do like but they have to be red delicious or honey sweet.  Canteloupes and honeydew.. yuck.

Most seafood I can't stand either.  Fried shrimp or prawns are okay.  Clam chowder is yummy.  I can stand fish sticks.  Plain fish, lobster, crab, etc. is awful.
"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."

HappyGilmore

Most cheeses, or any pasta with heavy cheese.  I won't get cheese on my hoagies (sub sandwiches for those outside Philly)

I can tolerate pizza cheese once in a blue moon but need to be in the mood for it.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don't get too close, it's dark inside.
It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide.

lester1/2jr

Pineapple and Coconut. can not enjoy them in any form. don't care for peaches either

indianasmith

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

pacman000

I don't like watermelon, tho it's ok with salt.

RCMerchant

Lima beans. Waxy, tasteless seed pod.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!