Main Menu

What foods can't you stand?

Started by RCMerchant, June 15, 2021, 07:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allhallowsday

Quote from: RCMerchant on June 16, 2021, 08:15:43 PM
...I like cabbage, but you don't want to sleep in the same bed with me after I eat them...

I don't want to sleep in the same bed with ANYBODY who ate cabbage. 
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

Allhallowsday

Quote from: HappyGilmore on June 16, 2021, 08:01:04 PM
I don't like coffee.  It's gross.

Lemonade, if that's a 'food', but no. 

Meatloaf I don't dig.

I only began drinking coffee in the morning in the last few years and I love it. 
Real lemonade is easy to make but there are secrets; fresh squeezed lemon is exquisite. 
Meatloaf is typically not great but can be wonderful if made well  and you have meat n' potatoes tastes. 
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

RCMerchant

If you put chopped onions and green peppers in meat loaf- yum yum!

Head cheese, anyone? AHH! I'm still not sure what that scary s**t is made of!
But It looks scary- and I tasted it once and almost puked. My grand parents were Polacks.
What kind of person beyond old Polacks eat f**king head cheese??

Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

claws

Warm white asparagus. Here in Germany people are addicted to white asparagus. Never liked it, gross texture when warm and it smells like soap.

Sauerbraten. Another classic German dish. Meat marinated for hours in vinegar. Then cooked in the oven. A brown gravy is made from the vinegar marinate and served with the meat. Don't like.

Shellfish. Crabs. Lobster. Crustaceans. Shrimp and prawns. They have like insect-y spider legs and black eyes. Any cooked animal that still has a "face" and feet I can't eat.

I had Squid once while on vacation in Spain. It was very chewy and I wasn't a fan. I had Mussels once. It was ok but I never had it again. I had Snails once, only tried one. It was a bit chewy as well and did nothing for me.

Trevor

Quote from: indianasmith on June 15, 2021, 05:45:30 PM
Corn.  Just nasty.

I can't eat corn on the cob - or mealies as we call them here - and I can't stand the smell, but I'll eat what's made from the corn.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Rev. Powell

Quote from: claws on August 12, 2021, 01:58:07 AM
Warm white asparagus. Here in Germany people are addicted to white asparagus. Never liked it, gross texture when warm and it smells like soap.

Sauerbraten. Another classic German dish. Meat marinated for hours in vinegar. Then cooked in the oven. A brown gravy is made from the vinegar marinate and served with the meat. Don't like.

Shellfish. Crabs. Lobster. Crustaceans. Shrimp and prawns. They have like insect-y spider legs and black eyes. Any cooked animal that still has a "face" and feet I can't eat.

I had Squid once while on vacation in Spain. It was very chewy and I wasn't a fan. I had Mussels once. It was ok but I never had it again. I had Snails once, only tried one. It was a bit chewy as well and did nothing for me.

With you on asparagus, white or green.

But I like everything else you posted! Especially love shellfish. Crab is my favorite, I prefer crab to lobster.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Trevor

I once ate calamari and was enjoying it until some idiot told me I was eating octopus: spat it out, never touched it again. I would rather eat my own toe jam than eat that again.  :tongueout:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

FatFreddysCat

I hate onions. HATE HATE HATE them.

...but as Tallahassee said in Zombieland, "it's not the taste, it's a textural thing."
Ever since I was a kid, if I bite into a piece of onion, that weird crunch instantly makes me gag.

My wife has learned to cook around my anti-onion psychosis by either using powdered/dried onion, which doesn't set off my gag reflex, and if she must use "fresh" onion she pulverizes them into molecule-sized bits in the food processor.
Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Ash

Agree on asparagus.  They're like ends of slimy alien tentacles.  Gross!   :buggedout:

The Burgomaster

Quote from: Trevor on August 12, 2021, 10:29:28 AM
I once ate calamari and was enjoying it until some idiot told me I was eating octopus: spat it out, never touched it again. I would rather eat my own toe jam than eat that again.  :tongueout:

It's actually squid . . . and I love it!
"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."

Rev. Powell

Quote from: The Burgomaster on August 17, 2021, 09:31:26 AM

It's actually squid . . . and I love it!

I like it to... but it's more about the fried coating and accompanying sauce than the squid itself.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

RCMerchant

Oddly enough, I like pickled mussels.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Ash

Made me think of this scene from the movie Sphere:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x563LWENX4