Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:47:47 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Some advice, please. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Some advice, please.  (Read 2266 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: July 01, 2021, 12:00:46 PM »

I got a FB message from my cousin today wanting to "touch base and reconnect as we haven't heard from you for a long time".

Now, I know this sounds cruel coming from me but where the BLEEP were they in September when I was on the brink of suicide? If it wasn't for my landlords, my work mentor talking me down and you guys being there for me, I would have swallowed two packs of sleeping pills.

My cousin who made me feel like I was doing nothing for Mom now wants to talk to me again: I think not.

What do you think? Should I contact her?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 12:02:49 PM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 12:16:36 PM »

I think it (almost) never hurts to talk to someone.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 01:18:19 PM »

If you feel ready and want to talk to them ten go for it.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 04:25:43 PM »

I got a FB message from my cousin today wanting to "touch base and reconnect as we haven't heard from you for a long time".

Now, I know this sounds cruel coming from me but where the BLEEP were they in September when I was on the brink of suicide? If it wasn't for my landlords, my work mentor talking me down and you guys being there for me, I would have swallowed two packs of sleeping pills.

My cousin who made me feel like I was doing nothing for Mom now wants to talk to me again: I think not.

What do you think? Should I contact her?

You have made your perspective clear.  Do you want to communicate with your cousin?  You must decide.  
I had two bad and worse conversations last fall with my own sister.  I have not spoken to her since.  The only time we ever "spoke" was when I called her (and she'd ramble on about herself and not once ask me ... "How are you?")  Both times we last spoke she hung up on me.  I have all of my life to look back on, remember, and I plan to never communicate with her again.  That is not, however, rooted in anger (which I've got) but really disgust and disinterest.  She is damaging in everyone's life and no one in my family liked her ever.  Except me; I was her friend (and regretted it).  I am almost sad, but I don't give a sh!t.  So, I think you have to really be DONE not to communicate.  Once you are THERE,   it   is   easy.  

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
KaseyBear
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2021, 07:53:26 AM »

Don`t even talk to her
Stay calm
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2021, 05:09:46 PM »

I think you should talk to her only if you truly want to.

I also think it is very possible you may easily be pushed into doing things you would really rather not do simply because you feel doing what you want to do makes you less-than-nice.

So don't let yourself get 'guilted' into talking to her.

There is nothing wrong with not talking to someone whose behaviour toward you has been so hurtful.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 07:06:11 AM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2021, 12:30:34 AM »

I think you should talk to her only if you truly want to.

I also think it is very possible you may easily be pushed into doing things you would really rather not do simply because you feel doing what you want to do makes you less-than-nice.

So don't let yourself get 'guilted' into taking to her.

There is nothing wrong with not talking to someone whose behaviour toward you has been so hurtful.

Thanks Sister.

This is also the reason I haven't been on FB for a while.

I last heard from these people (my cousin, my mom's brother and his wife) in August last year when Mom was taken into care and yes, I owe my cuz because she sorted things for Mom and got her into care where Mom lives.

I've been paying for EVERYTHING since including her meds etc and I have never asked for a cent from them.

Again I ask: where were they when I needed them in September? When I was sitting on my bed looking at my pills and thinking that this would be the easy way out.

Yes, I owe them (and especially her) for helping Mom but not for the hell that she put me through. I feel very sorry for my cousin's life partner - a very nice person - sometimes.

Bluesad Bluesad
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 12:33:40 AM by Trevor » Logged

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2021, 02:14:34 PM »

...This is also the reason I haven't been on FB for a while.

I last heard from these people (my cousin, my mom's brother and his wife) in August last year when Mom was taken into care and yes, I owe my cuz because she sorted things for Mom and got her into care where Mom lives.

I've been paying for EVERYTHING since including her meds etc and I have never asked for a cent from them.

Again I ask: where were they when I needed them in September? When I was sitting on my bed looking at my pills and thinking that this would be the easy way out.

Yes, I owe them (and especially her) for helping Mom but not for the hell that she put me through. I feel very sorry for my cousin's life partner - a very nice person - sometimes.

Bluesad Bluesad

You said twice you owe them.  Do you?  I understand you are not talking about money.  Or are you? 
If you owe them, by your own assessment not theirs, perhaps you need to unemotionally communicate your hurt or disappointment to your cousin.  I related my own story to you because our stories are similar, about family hurts.  If you are not DONE and want to, communicate.  But, take your time.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2021, 11:36:49 PM »

You said twice you owe them.  Do you?  I understand you are not talking about money.  Or are you? 
If you owe them, by your own assessment not theirs, perhaps you need to unemotionally communicate your hurt or disappointment to your cousin.  I related my own story to you because our stories are similar, about family hurts.  If you are not DONE and want to, communicate.  But, take your time.

Thanks.

I owe my cousin for helping Mom out after she left the step down clinic getting her into a care facility: other than that, I owe her nothing, especially any money. I've been paying for her care ever since and I have not asked for, nor will I accept any financial help as I'm too proud to ask for it.

The fact was (and is) Mom is a very strong and outgoing person even at her age and to have her fall seriously ill like that was a huge shock for me: also the fact that if I didn't get worried about her not sounding right and asking her niece (my other cousin who lives next door to her) to please go check on her she would have died.

So, I just fell apart and haven't been the same since  Bluesad

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2021, 11:45:43 PM »

Thanks.
I owe my cousin for helping Mom out after she left the step down clinic getting her into a care facility: other than that, I owe her nothing, especially any money. I've been paying for her care ever since and I have not asked for, nor will I accept any financial help as I'm too proud to ask for it.
The fact was (and is) Mom is a very strong and outgoing person even at her age and to have her fall seriously ill like that was a huge shock for me: also the fact that if I didn't get worried about her not sounding right and asking her niece (my other cousin who lives next door to her) to please go check on her she would have died.

Have you made up your mind?   I spoke to my brother tonight and it was fine, we hadn't spoken in months.  He worries me.  With people you have not given up on, you can only keep trying.  We spoke briefly about our sister.  We laughed; she doesn't call him either.  Her I've given up on.  It's a choice. 

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2021, 09:21:24 AM »

Thanks.

Have you made up your mind?   I spoke to my brother tonight and it was fine, we hadn't spoken in months.  He worries me.  With people you have not given up on, you can only keep trying.  We spoke briefly about our sister.  We laughed; she doesn't call him either.  Her I've given up on.  It's a choice. 

Thanks for asking: as of today, I haven't contacted her at all and I don't think I ever will.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2021, 10:28:26 AM »

Thanks for asking: as of today, I haven't contacted her at all and I don't think I ever will.

Sounds like you've made up your mind.  Be strong, be flexible.   Thumbup

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Some advice, please. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.