Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:14:23 AM
714229 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  32 years ago today « previous next »
Poll
Question: The Menendez Brothers are
Guilty - 6 (100%)
Not Guilty - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 32 years ago today  (Read 2755 times)
claws
« on: August 20, 2021, 09:54:28 AM »

Lyle and Erik Menendez killed their parents 32 years ago on August 20, 1989. The brothers claim they did so in self defense, after years of sexual and psychological abuse.
They were sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole. Guilty or not guilty?
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 11:39:40 AM »

32 years ago I was  6 when this all happened so I don't know enough about them to have an informed opinion

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
claws
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2021, 11:53:13 AM »

32 years ago I was  6 when this all happened so I don't know enough about them to have an informed opinion

It's an Interesting case. They did a TV movie about it - Menendez: A Killing in Beverly Hills (1994)

Most of the trial is on youtube. I do believe they were abused, but I find it hard to believe their only option was to kill them. Some friends and other family members "knew" about the abuse, more or less, the mother was confronted but nothing happened. According to the brothers the father told them he would kill them if they ever went to the police. That's why they never informed authorities.

Lyle and Erik went on a spending spree with their parents money shortly after the funeral, which made them look suspicious. They weren't suspects first because they shot their parents "Mexican Cartel Style" in the knees after killing them.

One of the brothers eventually confessed to the murders to his psychiatrist, and this info "leaked" a few months later, and both were arrested.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 01:18:38 PM by claws » Logged
claws
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2021, 01:42:59 PM »

On a sidenote, horror movie fans believe the death of the father, Jose Menendez, who was CEO of Live Entertainment Home Video at that time, caused the company's movie Fright Night Part 2 (1988) to descent into obscurity  Buggedout
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2021, 03:21:55 PM »

...yet they never mentioned sexual abuse to anyone before they wasted them?
Bulls**t.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
claws
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2021, 03:30:19 PM »

...yet they never mentioned sexual abuse to anyone before they wasted them?
Bulls**t.

Apparently one of the brothers told a friend some of it. The friend was a witness at the trial. The brothers also had pictures their father took of their nude private parts when they were in their early teens. It was shown as evidence at the trial.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2021, 03:54:12 PM »

^ There were plenty of guns in the house. If that was the case, they could have shot them as teens.
I never heard the "nude photos" report. Anywhere. There were no 'nude photos' at the trial. I don't know where you heard that nonsense. 
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 04:35:23 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
claws
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2021, 05:14:24 PM »

^ There were plenty of guns in the house. If that was the case, they could have shot them as teens.
I never heard the "nude photos" report. Anywhere. There were no 'nude photos' at the trial. I don't know where you heard that nonsense.  

The dick pics were shown at the first trial which was broadcast on TV. They both had new trials again after the first, but evidence of sexual abuse wasn't allowed. The second trials where not broadcast because the judge didn't allow it.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1 Small | Large
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 05:18:08 PM by claws » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2021, 05:20:06 PM »

The dick pics were shown at the first trial which was broadcast on TV. They both had new trials again after the first, but evidence of sexual abuse wasn't allowed. The second trials where not broadcast because the judge didn't allow it.

I have tried to find 'dick pics' being shown as evidence at the first trail. I can't find anything that verifies this.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
claws
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2021, 05:30:25 PM »

yeah it's a weird thing to google  Buggedout they showed blurred pics in the first trial. They talk about it in the video I linked and show some pics

https://www.vanityfair.com › 1994/03 › dunne199403
“Why did the Menendez brothers kill their parents?” ... to think that Jose Menendez was deliberately touching his son's genitals in that posed picture.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 05:34:50 PM by claws » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2021, 05:36:10 PM »

That link just took me to Vanity Fair magazine.  Question
Believe whatever you wan't, man.  Thumbup

I watched the video you posted- that's evidence? Some weird youtube podcast?
You gotta be kidding me.  Lookingup
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 05:49:30 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
claws
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2021, 05:48:53 PM »

Believe whatever you wan't, man.  Thumbup

Don't we all, man?  Thumbup
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2021, 06:27:13 PM »

yeah it's a weird thing to google  Buggedout they showed blurred pics in the first trial. They talk about it in the video I linked and show some pics

“Why did the Menendez brothers kill their parents?” ... to think that Jose Menendez was deliberately touching his son's genitals in that posed picture.

What picture?  Question There's no stories or pictures of this anywhere.

WTF, man?
Is this some kind of joke thing?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 06:30:44 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
claws
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2021, 06:41:20 PM »

What picture?  Question There's no stories or pictures of this anywhere.

WTF, man?
Is this some kind of joke thing?

I didn't click the Vanity Fair article but they mention the pics in the google preview
The nude pictures were shown in court, as seen in the video. I don't know what to tell you. This is pointless.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2021, 08:32:33 AM »

I haven't been following this thread, but I hope this scuffle didn't cause you to delete your account, claws.  Bluesad

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  32 years ago today « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.