Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:17:35 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  WingedSerpent's thoughts, musings, and other Blog like Behaviors « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: WingedSerpent's thoughts, musings, and other Blog like Behaviors  (Read 9865 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2022, 03:42:57 AM »

I'd have to go with them feeling like the material they were drawn on.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2022, 08:17:34 PM »

Why does Lent always seem to last a week or two longer than it should?

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
WingedSerpent

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2022, 09:48:08 PM »

Bought myself a green screen sheet, because I wanted to try it out for some youtube videos.  What I didn't buy was a holder to keep it up.  Tried duck taping it to the wall to see if that would work.And it fell down after 5 minutes.  I would like to try it again after I purchase a stand. But the problem is my shooting location schedule.  This was the first time in a long time, and maybe the last time in a long time I had both the house to myself and the enough time to work on it.  Sigh.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2022, 09:54:10 PM »

Use roofing nails.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
WingedSerpent

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2022, 06:46:00 PM »

Origins Game Fair was this weekend, and I almost didn't get in.  I bought my ticket early online and when I got there I found out I needed to show my Vaccination card.  This was the first time I've ever had to show it to get in some place.  I am vaccinated and I was wearing a mask.  But they still needed to see one to enter the dealer and exhibition halls.  Lucky someone was home and I knew where the card was.  After a few minutes or calling and texting, I had the photo and was able to get in.  If I hadn't, I'd probably just have had to walk around Columbus Oh, for a few hours while my friends were inside. 

I bought two new games. Ark Nova and Schrodinger's Cats.  The former is a worker placement game about building a zoo.  The later is a version of Liar's Dice with a cat scientist theme.

We stopped at a Mediterranean resultant and I had Shwarma for the first time.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2022, 01:28:48 AM »

Origins Game Fair was this weekend, and I almost didn't get in.  I bought my ticket early online and when I got there I found out I needed to show my Vaccination card.  This was the first time I've ever had to show it to get in some place.  I am vaccinated and I was wearing a mask.  But they still needed to see one to enter the dealer and exhibition halls.  Lucky someone was home and I knew where the card was.  After a few minutes or calling and texting, I had the photo and was able to get in.  If I hadn't, I'd probably just have had to walk around Columbus Oh, for a few hours while my friends were inside. 

I bought two new games. Ark Nova and Schrodinger's Cats.  The former is a worker placement game about building a zoo.  The later is a version of Liar's Dice with a cat scientist theme.

We stopped at a Mediterranean resultant and I had Shwarma for the first time.

Glad you got in and hope the games are fun.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
WingedSerpent

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2022, 07:38:14 PM »

Laying in bed with a bad head cold. Not how I wanted to spend Labor Day

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2022, 07:47:26 AM »

Hope you feel better soon  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
WingedSerpent

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2022, 05:03:24 PM »

Hope you feel better soon  Smile

So,...that head cold I had?  Turned out to be something a little different.  After all this time, Covid finally found me.

I had taken the following Tuesday off because I was still feeling bad. My mother suggested I take a Covid test and it came back positive.  I called into work and told them the situation.  When HR got back to me the next day, they said they wouldn't take my at home test as proof positive.   I needed a pcr test. So I had to schedule an appointment at a local Walgreens and on the day drive up to take the test.  I'm still in quarantine for now, but HR is supposed to call me this week to talk about how I'm supposed to return to work.  Because I work for one of those companies that basically punishes you for taking sick time and gets upset that you didn't schedule an emergency months in advance.

But the days I could lay down and rest, I had a bad sore throat, cough, and fatigue. But the worst was the headache.  Felt like my head weighed about 20 lbs heavier than it was.  No real lose of smell or taste.  I'm glad this all happened after I got all my vaccinations.

Feeling better now.  A few mild symptoms still seem to linger.  I really hope I can just get a few more days to myself.  

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2022, 05:25:28 PM »

^ I'm glad your'e getting better.  Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2022, 05:57:17 PM »

My sister has Covid, and her daughter has just recovered.  Glad to hear you're feeling better!

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
WingedSerpent

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2022, 06:22:55 PM »

After a bit of gloomy posts I've made on this thread.  I can have a positive one.  I've become an uncle again.  My sister-in-law gave birth to a healthy baby girl.  Her, her mother, and my brother are all doing fine.  They wanted us to go to them for Thanksgiving, but some scheduling issues means having it here at home.  They only live a few hours away, so I know I'll see them soon.  But for now, everyone in the family is happy for them.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2022, 06:32:44 PM »

Many congratulations.  Thumbup

WingedSerpent

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2022, 07:13:20 PM »

Feels wired to be rooting for a big company:

But after Warner Brothers have basically said they are scrapping the DCEU and going to try to start again,  I hope it takes this time. Same with Sony and its PlayStation.  I really don't want to see Disney and Ninetendo owning everything. 

Always been a bit weary of Disney.  Nintendo is better, but it does seem that people will let things slide with them.

WingedSerpent

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2023, 08:51:58 PM »

Its funny.  After so many years of countless insurance mascots-some insurance companies are selling themselves on the fact the don't use mascots.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  WingedSerpent's thoughts, musings, and other Blog like Behaviors « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.