Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:47:26 AM
713339 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 146
Author Topic: Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking  (Read 225306 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #600 on: June 13, 2022, 07:00:29 PM »

^ What sh!t.  You are not cool, nor are you funny.   Thumbdown

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #601 on: June 13, 2022, 07:11:19 PM »

I need drunk self to stop drinking excessively when out. Yeah I drank a bit too much Saturday during Pridefest,  spent yesterday recovering.

yeah no.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #602 on: June 13, 2022, 07:21:09 PM »

Who are you referencing here?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #603 on: June 13, 2022, 09:05:04 PM »

Who are you referencing here?

You. 

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #604 on: June 13, 2022, 09:12:30 PM »

^Yes, I know from personal experience, Texas lingo can be strangely offputting to northeasterners.......^

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #605 on: June 13, 2022, 09:14:52 PM »

^Yes, I know from personal experience, Texas lingo can be strangely offputting to northeasterners.......^

That is not it.  In the wake of what has been happening, particularly in TX, I see no humor in guns or deadly weapons. 

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #606 on: June 13, 2022, 09:44:52 PM »

I wasn't really trying to be humorous; I think open carry is ridiculous.  At least with our old "conceal and carry" law, you were required to complete a training course and get a license.  Now pretty much anyone can pack anywhere, and that's insane.

The only part I tried to be a little lighthearted about was being allowed to carry swords.  Honestly, it's still insane, but IMO a gladius hanging by your side looks a lot cooler than a .38.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #607 on: June 13, 2022, 09:52:20 PM »

^Yes of course you were trying to be humorous.  I appreciate your clarification, but you cannot help yourself.  There is no humor.  There is no smile.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #608 on: June 13, 2022, 10:50:41 PM »

^ What sh!t.  You are not cool, nor are you funny.   Thumbdown

He's cool, he's frequently funny, he's a lot more popular than you, John, with your constant sourpuss attacks on others, and at least Indy has a sense of humor, when the only joy I've ever seen you evince here is when you're making fun of something or someone, which you do all the time, usually with all the sharpened wit of a caveman's club. If you disagree with someone, how about a show of tolerance? And if you can't tolerate something you disagree with, how about offering a counter point of view instead of insulting the person?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #609 on: June 14, 2022, 01:01:26 PM »

^ What sh!t.  You are not cool, nor are you funny.   Thumbdown

He's cool, he's frequently funny, he's a lot more popular than you, John, with your constant sourpuss attacks on others, and at least Indy has a sense of humor, when the only joy I've ever seen you evince here is when you're making fun of something or someone, which you do all the time, usually with all the sharpened wit of a caveman's club. If you disagree with someone, how about a show of tolerance? And if you can't tolerate something you disagree with, how about offering a counter point of view instead of insulting the person?

Popular?  With whom?  The dozen or so of us?  Who cares?  You are a foul mouth, but I'd give you a point for use of "evinced". 

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #610 on: June 14, 2022, 01:59:11 PM »

I think the Queen appearing with Paddington Bear was cute and her best role since she jumped out of a helicopter with James Bond a decade ago.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #611 on: June 14, 2022, 02:10:52 PM »

I think the Queen appearing with Paddington Bear was cute and her best role since she jumped out of a helicopter with James Bond a decade ago.

Don't forget Naked Gun!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #612 on: June 14, 2022, 04:07:41 PM »

Emailed one of only two ex's that I parted with on good terms. Not heard from her for a couple of years and hoping she is doing well. I always wished I could have helped her more.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #613 on: June 14, 2022, 04:33:58 PM »

I was thinking a few things.

I just read brontosaurus never existed....?!

The scene in Hulu's Pam and Tommy biopic where Tommy talks dating advice with "himself" was high art.

I also read that a potentially deadly fungus has been found growing on artificial turf in some stadiums and could enter the body via scrapes on the skin.

Where I am at the moment has great tea, really good Indian food, wonderful cool weather, but the worst ranch dressing that culinary science ever gave us. (Undertones of salty mayo and embalming fluid.)

And finally, after reading Alex's Random Thought, it occurred to me I only have one ex I could email. One. What a strange life.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #614 on: June 15, 2022, 08:30:04 AM »

At my grandmother's wake one of her favorite quotes was read: “The first step to humility is recognizing one is proud.”

I can't count the number of times I heard her say that, especially to me, being convinced all Americans, even half-Americans like me, were too proud.

I finally got around to looking that quote up, and was surprised to see it was used by CS Lewis in Mere Christianity, though whether it originated with him I don't know. Likely not, since it is surely an old sentiment, probably one often stated amid the rock-walled convents of Ireland 1600 years ago and more. If my grandmother had had a coat of arms, that would be the legend sitting at the bottom, as pride, she was convinced, began the slow rot of the soul.

But what did surprise me was my grandmother quoting a Protestant, if she was quoting Lewis.

Hers was the most subdued Irish wake that ever was. "Dry" as she never drank, quiet, as she was quiet, prayerful, as she lived much of her life in wordless prayer, and in remembering her the family recalled her as someone who went through life treading more carefully than anyone any of us knew. She would even pause before giving a reply to almost anything one asked of her, as if she were making sure she got her words exactly right. It was the most peculiar verbal habit I ever encountered, especially among Irish, who tend to speak fast and readily. (And frequently and plentifully.)

After getting through that stifling wake this month my cousin Eonne, with whom I have had many arguments but whom I like very much, said she needed a drink, so I went with her, and at the drinking establishment I asked her if she ever heard our grandmother tell a joke.

She thought and said, "No, never."

"Not one?"

"No."

I couldn't think of any either. No, not one joke ever told by that pious woman, now dead.

I told Eonne that someday, if I have a wake, I want it remembered that I liked the joke about the murderer taking his victim into the dark scary woods, and ruing having to walk out alone. Perversity is a better legacy than a lack of all humor, and I am perverse.

"I'll tell everyone that," Eonne said.

And I hope she does.

Goodbye, my Grandmother. You were more Catholic than the Pope and holier than half the saints. May you have cold tea and plain toast in Heaven.

I don't know if I'll ever get there.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.