Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:54:14 PM
713363 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 146
Author Topic: Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking  (Read 225420 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #945 on: October 17, 2022, 01:55:34 PM »

I hate finding what I think is a film I've not seen before only to discover that it has just been released under a different name.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #946 on: October 17, 2022, 02:24:10 PM »

I hate finding what I think is a film I've not seen before only to discover that it has just been released under a different name.

Must agree there, particularly when you keep coming across yet another edited for television version of a movie you may like.....

On the other hand, I've always found what they tried to do with Planeta Bur rather amusing....

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #947 on: October 19, 2022, 08:44:48 AM »

Why were people taught to fear witches instead of the ones setting people on fire?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #948 on: October 19, 2022, 09:08:00 AM »

I saw a DVD with the title Great Snake 2 and bought it, only to find out that it was Q THE WINGED SERPENT under another title. Q was banned here, that is probably why.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #949 on: October 19, 2022, 12:46:34 PM »

Why were people taught to fear witches instead of the ones setting people on fire?

They did.
Everybody knows what happens when you stand up to authority.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
chainsaw midget

« Reply #950 on: October 19, 2022, 07:52:29 PM »

Usually I'm one of those people that starts celebrating Halloween in September, but here it is almost Halloween and I don't even really feel like I've gotten started.  I've watched maybe two or three Halloween movies when usually I'm up to at least a dozen by this point in the season. 

I've simply had far too much going on this year to enjoy my favorite time of year. 

... I did get one of those McDonalds Happy Meal Halloween buckets the other day though.  That was nice. 
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #951 on: October 19, 2022, 07:54:54 PM »

Creepiest thing just happened: paramedics came and took away my next door neighbor. That's not a surprise, she's in her late 80s or 90s and in poor health. The thing is, about five minutes after she left, I see flashing red lights out my window. Wondering why they came back, I look out the door, and there are paramedics at my OTHER next door neighbor. They take her away, too. I talk to a third neighbor about it and he says he hasn't heard anything about a gas leak or anything. Just a crazy coincidence.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Morpheus, the unwoke.
Bad Movie Lover

I am a Bill Maher Democrat. Deal with it.

« Reply #952 on: October 19, 2022, 08:47:38 PM »

Because the people burning witches are doing the work of GHAAAAAWWWWDDD!

They will come back, come back again, As long as the red earth rolls. He never wasted a leaf or a tree. Do you think he would squander souls?” ― Ruyard Kipling

We all come from the goddess and to her we shall return, like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #953 on: October 19, 2022, 11:54:08 PM »

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/rock-stars/george-thorogood-net-worth/ George Thorogood is worth 60 million dollars.

glad he got the "Bad to the Bone" royalties. spend it however you like georgio
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #954 on: October 20, 2022, 08:27:14 AM »

Liz Truss has shattered the record for having the shortest time in office as PM. People had for several weeks wondering if she'd last longer than lettuce, indeed one newspaper was providing daily progress updates on a fresh lettuce they had bought at the start of her premiership. It was reported today to be showing some signs of wilting, but it has however won.

Morpheus, the unwoke.
Bad Movie Lover

I am a Bill Maher Democrat. Deal with it.

« Reply #955 on: October 20, 2022, 09:34:52 AM »

Liz Truss has shattered the record for having the shortest time in office as PM. People had for several weeks wondering if she'd last longer than lettuce, indeed one newspaper was providing daily progress updates on a fresh lettuce they had bought at the start of her premiership. It was reported today to be showing some signs of wilting, but it has however won.

So what was the issue with her anyway? Was she blamed for Johnson's mess?

They will come back, come back again, As long as the red earth rolls. He never wasted a leaf or a tree. Do you think he would squander souls?” ― Ruyard Kipling

We all come from the goddess and to her we shall return, like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #956 on: October 20, 2022, 10:16:53 AM »

No, she made a huge mess all of her own. Her economic policy caused the value of the pound to plunge. She sacrificed her closest ally, but she was by that point dead in the water and it was just a matter of time. Last night they had a vote where MPs were being physically forced to vote on the government's side. Senior figures in the government walked away in disgust, some resigned and then later withdrew them. Generally it was an impression of utter chaos.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #957 on: October 22, 2022, 09:52:06 AM »

Arby's is underrated. Their rotating limited-time menu can be excellent. The country rib sandwich I had last night was outstanding.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #958 on: October 22, 2022, 10:19:16 AM »

No, she made a huge mess all of her own. Her economic policy caused the value of the pound to plunge. She sacrificed her closest ally, but she was by that point dead in the water and it was just a matter of time. Last night they had a vote where MPs were being physically forced to vote on the government's side. Senior figures in the government walked away in disgust, some resigned and then later withdrew them. Generally it was an impression of utter chaos.

At least she had the decency to resign: our government ministers here are so corrupt  Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #959 on: October 24, 2022, 06:33:32 AM »

The Rainy Day

The day is cold, and dark, and dreary;
It rains, and the wind is never weary;
The vine still clings to the moldering wall,
But at every gust the dead leaves fall,
And the day is dark and dreary.

My life is cold, and dark, and dreary;
It rains, and the wind is never weary;
My thoughts still cling to the moldering Past,
But the hopes of youth fall thick in the blast,
And the days are dark and dreary.

Be still, sad heart! and cease repining;
Behind the clouds is the sun still shining;
Thy fate is the common fate of all,
Into each life some rain must fall,
Some days must be dark and dreary.

---Longfellow

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.