Main Menu

Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking

Started by ER, September 30, 2021, 01:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ER

Quote from: Alex on October 02, 2023, 10:26:10 PM
During the pandemic a charity that Kristi was involved with took on extra roles and ended up supplying two cooked meals a week to roughly 10% of the town. When the local churches were asked to help out, they initially declined saying that there was no poverty in  Lossiemouth. Later on they'd change their minds and provide facilities to help out.

The churches said there was no poverty in the town? Dumbasses, their religion's founder said there'd be poor always.

BTW, I'm still up because there is a bee flying around this room, I can't catch it to let it outside, and every time I try to lie down it flies out from behind something and starts buzzing around the room some more. I know it wants to catch me asleep, crawl up into my nose, and sting my brain. I'm about to go get a shotgun.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

RCMerchant

Quote from: ER on October 02, 2023, 09:13:31 PM
Most jokes about sharks make sharks out to be stupid, but sharks can grow brand new teeth. Can the people telling the shark jokes grow brand new teeth? No, I don't think so. Maybe mutants but not most of us. So unless you're a tooth generating mutant, enough with the jokes about sharks being stupid.

It doesn't take intelligence to grow teeth.
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Alex

I wonder if since I loath wrapping presents, if spray painting them would be an acceptable alternative?
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

Rev. Powell

I wonder how many old people who complain today that young people have no respect actually treated their elders respectfully when they were young. I'd bet very few...
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

RCMerchant

^ I did. Or my Dad would have brought out the belt.
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

Alex

I have decided to quit drinking for good.

Now, I am going to drink for evil.

Trevor

Quote from: Alex on October 03, 2023, 11:34:59 AM
I have decided to quit drinking for good.

Now, I am going to drink for evil.

:teddyr: :teddyr:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

RCMerchant

Man. This place aint right without Hallows.  :bluesad:
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

Trevor

Quote from: RCMerchant on October 04, 2023, 09:03:09 AM
Man. This place aint right without Hallows.  :bluesad:

He signed on yesterday so he's OK: he just didn't post.

Newt has been gone for almost 2 weeks now.

Trevor

Alex

As well as writing The Chronicles of Narnia, CS Lewis was also seriously into S&M, even having an alter ego whose name translated from Greek as 'Lover of the whip'. There were stranger things than Narnia in the back of that man's wardrobe.

Alex

If a group of anarchists had a leader then they are not anarchists. Or at least not very good ones.

LilCerberus

Wondering lately what a reboot of Blake's 7 would look like...
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

Alex

Quote from: LilCerberus on October 06, 2023, 02:07:33 PM
Wondering lately what a reboot of Blake's 7 would look like...

As much as I'd love to see that, it wouldn't be the same with someone else playing Avon... or Servalan. Damn but she was hot. Avon and her really should have teamed up.

Just as a random aside, I am actually painting up some Federation troopers and a couple of robots from the show at the moment.

RCMerchant

I am of the opinion lately that politics and religion are the exact same thing.
I was watching a film where the daughter of a German Pastor during WWII says- "My father was of the mind that he would not give up his Protestant faith for the new Nazi religion."
Which brings me to Evangelicals who belong to the cult of MAGA.
Slobber, Drool, Drip!