Main Menu

Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking

Started by ER, September 30, 2021, 01:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ER

"After you've shot eleven people to death, I guess you have to consider the dice rolled on the question of your fate."
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

indianasmith

Quote from: ER on February 14, 2024, 03:13:13 PM
"After you've shot eleven people to death, I guess you have to consider the dice rolled on the question of your fate."

Who said that?
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Trevor

Quote from: indianasmith on February 14, 2024, 09:38:42 PM
Quote from: ER on February 14, 2024, 03:13:13 PM

Who said that?

ER just did 😉
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Paquita

My daughter forgot the word for funeral and called it a "tombstone party".  I think I like it.

ER

I just found out Jewel's mom stole all her money and has left the '90s singer $3,000,000.00 in debt. We all oughta go  buy one of her songs to help her out.

zombie no.one

blue + red = purple... fine

yellow + red = orange... no problem

yellow + blue = green.... wat?
please do not mock my potato.

LilCerberus

Quote from: zombie no.one on February 19, 2024, 03:34:08 PM

The concept of RGB imho, is way more confusing...
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

ER

Quote from: LilCerberus on February 19, 2024, 03:47:25 PM
Quote from: zombie no.one on February 19, 2024, 03:34:08 PM

Funny, I was just reading CS Lewis today who pointed out that it makes sense that Christianity, well, makes no sense, since all else created by God likewise makes no sense, from the hues that colors produce, to the chaotic nature of the solar system, with the seemingly random size order of planets and the disarrayed quantity of their moons. I read the original post about color blending and was reminded of that: God's chaotic rather than entirely orderly nature.

zombie no.one

do you mean Red + Green = Brown there? that's another weird one I guess.

those are the 3 colours that colourblind people have difficulty distinguishing apparently...

LilCerberus

Quote from: zombie no.one on February 20, 2024, 01:46:27 PM

do you mean Red + Green = Brown there? that's another weird one I guess.

those are the 3 colours that colourblind people have difficulty distinguishing apparently...
No, I'm just wondering why none of my photo editors let my adjust the yell, the orange or the purple.....
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

lester1/2jr

via twitter

"It's kind of crazy that the year is 2024 and Paramount Global's two most valuable franchises -- Star Trek and Mission: Impossible -- were both originally greenlighted by Lucille Ball 60 years ago."

zombie no.one

If your father's father is your grandfather, why is your grandfather's father your great grandfather? Shouldn't he just be your grand grandfather?

(other tongue twisters are available)

LilCerberus

Radios are cool, 'cause like, y' don't hafta look for a network every time you turn them on, & you can have several around the house without having to sync 'em......

Alex

It is 04:13 and I still have 2 more hours of work to go, then Ash to get ready for school and drop him off afterwards.
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

Alex

Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.