Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:45:58 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  True Tales of Halloween « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: True Tales of Halloween  (Read 3521 times)
claws
« on: October 29, 2019, 01:20:54 PM »

When I was a teen one of my sisters had to move away (190 miles) because of her husbands job. Once or twice a month she would take the train to stay for a weekend visit. So this one time she came to stay over a Halloween weekend. My parents, my sister and me left the house on the morning of Halloween (it was a Saturday) to do some shopping, and returned in the early afternoon. When we brought in the groceries to the kitchen we noticed that our biggest kitchen knife was stuck in our cutting board. Kind of like this:

(Imagine a bigger knife, and no carrot)

My sister turned around slowly with eyes wide open while I did the "CH CH CH, AH AH AH" from Friday the 13th (the Halloween theme would've been more appropriate I guess but oh well, that's what I did anyway).

We never found out who put the knife there, all doors were locked when we left in the morning and still locked when we got home.

When we talk about the good old days the "knife mystery" still gets discussed occasionally  Buggedout TeddyR
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 02:18:36 PM »

I think the last time I went trick-or-treating I was fourteen and it was a miserable cold night, spitting snow, and my friend Gina and I came in chilled and wet and sat down on the living room floor under fuzzy blankets to see our candy. One of us turned on the TV and the local news was leading in with the headline story, "Young actor from Stand By Me collapses and dies outside a Hollywood night club."

I turned to Gina and remarked, "Aw , poor Corey!" (Thinking it was Corey Feldman, but of course it was River Phoenix, and his death morbidly preoccupied us til the next April, when it was replaced.

Once in a while she still teases me by going, "Aw, poor Corey.... "

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 02:44:07 PM »

More a Michael Myers type Halloween story than a spooky one, but here you go.

When I was eleven I'd to take two guys a year younger than me out for Halloween. A guy (his name was John McCree or McRee. Can't remember which. I was in the same class as his younger sister Helen) in the year above us at school came at us with a bread knife demanding that we handed over our treats. I got into a fight with him while the other two boys ran off to try and get help (but no one would answer their door). Anyway, I managed to fight him off, but that was where I gained my first scar as a slash of the knife cut me just above my left eye.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 03:53:50 PM »

Our first year living in north Jersey only my younger sister and I went trick or treating (she was 10, I was 11).  This groovy older girl, probably 16, answered the door, with a smirk gave us b-b-bats taffy on a stick and said "The little kids are cute but you guys are too old".  We turned around, walked down their walkway, grabbed our "treat" and threw it at their door where they hit with a clatter.  Welcome to the 20th century!   Thumbdown Hatred

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 04:02:39 PM »

The oldest Halloween I can remember was in Wappinger Falls, NY. I had a skeleton costume and Mike had a Frankenstein costume. We had 'Trick or Treat for UNICEF' boxes from school, that folks put pennies in, along with our plastic pumpkin buckets. Like in 1968.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 11:30:06 PM »

When I was around 17 or 18 and Halloween was drawing near, I had a very vivid dream that the devil left a message on my answering machine to wish me a Happy Halloween.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 02:06:39 PM »

On Halloween 2007, My son in law Jim and his buddy the punk rock kid Ethan got all f**ked up on pills, and Jim passed out on the kitchen floor. He got up, and s**t himself. Like the runs. He's a big guy too. He s**t all the way down the hall, because I was steering his s**tting ass down it. He laid on the bathroom floor and was still s**tting. I called 911. Ethan hid in the basement rafters, because he had a warrant out for walking into some strangers house and falling asleep on they're couch. Anyway- Jim went to ER. Ethan hide in the basement, because cops were there. He came out afterwords and we got drunk. Tara was in the hospital with cancer. My kids were in juvy for stealing bikes and cars.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
claws
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2019, 04:41:09 PM »

Now that's some scary s**t!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 01:11:00 AM by claws » Logged
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2021, 01:53:30 PM »

I was texting with my niece and sister last night and we talked about something that happen years ago. I almost forgot about that story.
This was in the mid-90s and I was spending Halloween at my sisters house. Just chilling and watching TV. When it got dark we decided to go on a "haunted" car ride, driving to a few isolated places and to get a bit spooked. And we did. We packed a few snacks and then hit the road.
We were driving through a wooded area in the country after parking near an old graveyard for half an hour, hidden inside a small forest. This was lonely backroads between very small villages. After some time we saw a car parked on the side of the road, with one door open. Before we could react a man came running from the woods in our direction frantically waving both hands and screaming. My sister stepped on the gas and we speeded away. My niece who was looking through the back window said the man was running for a bit after us. We drove home after this.
Thinking back the man probably needed help, or maybe it was just a trick to make us stop. This was before cell phones so we couldn't call the police.
Either way, it was kind of scary.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 10:22:03 PM by claws » Logged

Is it October yet?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2021, 10:08:32 AM »

A couple of years ago I was handing out candy, and I would drool fake blood. One little girl walked into the doorway and stared at me hard and said- "Is that real?" I showed her the vial of fake blood and said "No, sweetie." And I squirted some more into my mouth and drooled some more. Her Ma grabbed her arm and walked her down the driveway.  Thumbup

« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 10:10:52 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2021, 10:37:54 AM »

Along with the cape and hat- I'm wearing this mask this year.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Paquita

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2021, 09:12:18 PM »

A few years ago I went to a Red Lobster on Halloween weekend.  After we were seated, about 10-15 scary clowns in full bloody splendor came in and sat at an extra long table right next to us.  I really wanted to get a picture of them but was too shy to ask.  I regret this so much.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2021, 02:42:18 PM »

Two Jack O' Lanterns in front of my house after rain came thru :

https://apis.mail.yahoo.com/ws/v3/mailboxes/@.id==VjN-2btf3cyFBUfJ60CvRtVjdeepjlQXJVg2exoqzcSMV-hk0QQwysBd2Hnp-t2Dz5h-_tmbZU_QP6bd5QzJLzvu9w/messages/@.id==AHiLtvVIo2-dYYLjSAau8MDE3TY/content/parts/@.id==2/thumbnail?appid=YMailNorrinLaunch

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
chainsaw midget

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2021, 12:47:19 PM »

A couple of years ago I was handing out candy, and I would drool fake blood. One little girl walked into the doorway and stared at me hard and said- "Is that real?" I showed her the vial of fake blood and said "No, sweetie." And I squirted some more into my mouth and drooled some more. Her Ma grabbed her arm and walked her down the driveway.  Thumbup

That's a great picture. 

You look like you should be hosting Z-grade movies at midnight on some local TV station, and I mean that as a compliment. 
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  True Tales of Halloween « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.