Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:31:36 PM
713362 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  2022 - TRACK THE BOOKS YOU READ! (Sticky please) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2022 - TRACK THE BOOKS YOU READ! (Sticky please)  (Read 5701 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: January 03, 2022, 07:46:24 AM »

In 2018 I read 60 books.
In 2019, I read 46 (in my defense, a couple of them were whoppers of over 600 pages!)
In 2020, I read 43, but there were NO cartoon anthologies on the list this time!
In 2021, I read a total of 46 books - some pretty massive biographies (600+ pages) included.
So let's see how many books we can all read in 2022!
Start your list in the replies and update it when you finish a new one!

JANUARY 2022
Jan. 2 - The Sandman: BRIEF LIVES by Neil Gaiman
Jan. 3 - The Sandman: WORLD'S END
Jan. 12 - MICHAELANGELO AND THE POPE'S CEILING by Ross King
Jan. 14 - BLOODLESS by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
Jan. 24 - ANDREW JOHNSON: A BIOGRAPHY by Hans L. Trefousse
Jan. 26 - THE EXCAVATION by James Rollins
Jan. 30 - ROBERT E. LEE AND ME by Ty Seidule

FEBRUARY 2022
Feb. 6 - ALLEGIANCE by Kermit Roosevelt
Feb. 8 - The Sandman: THE KINDLY ONES by Neil Gaiman
Feb. 11 - The Sandman:  THE WAKE by Neil Gaiman
Feb. 16 - The Sandman: OVERTURE by Neil Gaiman
Feb. 25 - The Sandman: PRELUDES AND NOCTURNES by Neil Gaiman

MARCH 2022
Mar. 2 - The Sandman: THE DOLL HOUSE by Neil Gaiman
Mar. 7 - DEATH by Neil Gaiman
Mar. 8 - THE SEPULCHER by
Mar. 9 - AMAZONIA by James Rollins
Mar. 24 - GUNS, GERMS, AND STEEL: The Fates of Human Societies by Jared Diamond
Mar. 25 - THE DOOR'S SHADOW by Rory Milligan
Mar. 30 - AGAINST THE ODDS by Kat Martin

APRIL 2022
Apr. 5 - 1491: NEW REVELATIONS OF THE AMERICAS BEFORE COLUMBUS by Charles Mann
Apr. 7 - ABRAHAM LINCOLN AND THE FIGHT FOR PEACE by John Avlon
Apr. 26 - ISAAC'S STORM by Erik Larson
Apr. 28 - FIRST MAN IN ROME by Colleen McCullough

May 2022
May 5 - ALEXANDER HAMILTON: AMERICAN by Richard Brookhiser
May 15 - THE GRASS CROWN by Colleen McCullough
May 28 - FORTUNE'S FAVORITES by Colleen McCullough

June 2022
June 4 - ALEXANDER HAMILTON AND THE PERSISTENCE OF MYTH by Stephen Knott
June 12 - CAESAR'S WOMEN by Colleen McCullough
June 18 - CAESAR: LET THE DICE FLY by Colleen McCullough
June 24 - VILNA by David Willis
June 29 - ROMA by David Saylor

July 2022
July 4 - THE OCTOBER HORSE by Colleen McCullough
July 12 - PRESIDENT HAMILTON by Lewis Ben Smith
July 13 - BAZAAR OF BAD DREAMS by Stephen King
July 19 - THE SANDMAN: PRELUDES AND NOCTURNES by Neil Gaiman
July 20 - THE SANDMAN: THE DOLL HOUSE by Neil Gaiman
July 21 - WASHINGTON AND HAMILTON: THE PARTNERSHIP THAT FORGED A NATION by Stephen Knott and Anthony Williams
July 25 - THE SANDMAN: DREAM COUNTRY
July 27 - THE SANDMAN: A GAME OF YOU
July 29 - ANTHONY AND CLEOPATRA by Colleen McCullough
July 31 - BEREN AND LUTHIEN by J.R.R. Tolkien

August 2022
Aug. 1 - THE SANDMAN: A SEASON OF MISTS by Neil Gaiman
Aug. 4 - THE SANDMAN: FABLES AND REFLECTIONS by Neil Gaiman
Aug. 15 - JULIUS CAESAR: A LIFE by Patricia Southern
Aug. 15 - THE SANDMAN: BRIEF LIVES by Neil Gaiman
Aug. 18 - THE SANDMAN: WORLD'S END by Neil Gaiman
Aug. 27 - THE SANDMAN: THE KINDLY ONES by Neil Gaiman

September 2022
Sept. 6 - THE SANDMAN: THE WAKE by Neil Gaiman
Sept. 11 - DEATH by Neil Gaiman
Sept. 19 - THE SANDMAN: OVERTURE by Neil Gaiman
Sept. 20 - JEFFERSON AND HAMILTON: THE RIVALRY THAT FORGED A NATION
Sept. 25 - THE SANDMAN: DREAM HUNTERS by Neil Gaiman
Sept. 30 - JESUS AND HISTORY: HOW WE KNOW HIS LIFE AND CLAIMS by Steven Waterhouse

October 2022
Oct. 3 - THE GREAT BIG BOOK OF HORRIBLE THINGS by Matthew White
Oct. 6 - THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE by Shirley Jackson
Oct. 12 - THE REGISTRATION by Madison Lawson
Oct. 31 - 11/22/63 by Stephen King

Nov. 2022
Nov. 7 - MORTAL SIGHT by Sandra Fernandez Rhoads
Nov. 12 - ETERNAL LIGHT by Sandra Fernande Rhoads
Nov. 16 - FAIRY TALE by Stephen King
Nov. 25 - CALIGULA: THE CORRUPTION OF POWER by Anthony Barrett

Dec. 2022
Dec. 1 - COMING TO TERMS WITH JOHN F. KENNEDY by Stephen Knott
Dec. 9 - THE ACADEMY by Bentley Little
Dec. 14 - THE LAST ODYSSEY by James Rollins
Dec. 26 - A MAN OF IRON: The Turbulent Life and Improbable Presidency of Grover Cleveland by Troy Senik
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 11:35:03 PM by indianasmith » Logged

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 10:07:56 AM »

January:

"The Lost Daughter" by Elena Ferrante

February:

"Reefer Movie Madness: The Ultimate Stoner Movie Guide"

March:

"The Power of the Dog" by Thomas Savage

"Amphigorey" by Edward Gorey

April:

"The Louisville Anthology"

June:

"Giraffes on Horseback Salad"

"The Eye in the Pyramid" by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson

July (probably):

"The Golden Apple" by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson (I am reading the "Illumantus Trilogy" straight through and it's really one big book, there are barely chapter breaks, much less separate books)

September:

"Leviathan" finishes off the Illuminantus Trilogy

October:

"The Happiness Hypothesis" by Jonathan Haidt

December:

"The Usurper King" by Zeb Haradon
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 04:13:00 PM by Rev. Powell » Logged

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 10:35:02 AM »

The Don Rosa Library Vol. I: Uncle Scrooge & Donald Duck in The Son of the Sun, by Don Rosa

The Don Rosa Library Vol. II: Uncle Scrooge & Donald Duck in Return to Plain Awful, by Don Rosa

They Just Seem A Little Weird: How KISS, Cheap Trick, Aerosmith, and Starz Remade Rock and Roll by Doug Brod
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 02:38:16 PM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
pennywise37

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 03:45:29 PM »

let's see here is mine

1. London Bridges (2004) Alex Cross #10 by James Patterson i had started this one last fall and when i didn't feel much like reading anymore as i had i think burnt out as i had read #14 books in a row i stopped reading and so when i picked this up a couple weeks ago i finished it and it wasn't one of Patterson's Best either.

2.  I Will Find You:  Solving  Cases From My Life Fighting Crime (2017) by Joe Kenda i love the show  Homicide Hunter and the dude who is the host of it where he just talks about cases when he was on the job i read it in like 3 days it was a pretty good book. when he talked about guns that part bored me and his style of doing his job it was interesting yes but since i'm not a cop it was a little boring but when he went back talking about different cases than it was back being good.

3.  Mary, Mary (2005)  Alex Cross #11 by James Patterson a pretty Damn good book i think much better than the last one i read that one in i think 4 days?  what does that tell you?

4.   Vanishing Ladies by Ed Mcbain (1957) he had Originally released this under a different name and i bought this on paperback over 20 years ago! it took me that long to actually get up  and read it cause it starts off pretty slow that's why i never got that far into it and it being only #155 pages  it wasn't a long sit.

it was another pretty damn good book too i think

adding more to my list

5.  Cross (2006)  #12 by James Patterson-  a pretty good one i think but not as good as the last one in my opinion.  

6. The Last Precinct (2000)  #11  Patrica Cornwell- yeah there was some stuff in it i liked such as Kay talking to her friend that was a shrink about the things that happened in the book before this Black Notice (1999) #10.  other than that this book was pretty bad.

7. The Mask- By  Dean Koontz (1981) the 1st book i had read by Koontz in wow YEARS at least a decade or more and it's not because he's a bad writer or has gotten bad it's just that my list of books i want to read is just so damn long.  well this one yeah it was pretty bad it's got an ending that just ends,

we all know some books that do this and some others love to do it but this one is an unfinished novel literally cause we don't get a proper ending at all and too much sh*t was not answered.

8. Blow Fly (2003)- #12 by Patricia Cornwell- this one was a vast improvement over the last one but only gripe it's a Scarpetta novel and she's not in it as much as she should have been. with this one it's in 3rd person and we were following around 7 or 8 characters which is just far to damn many people i think.

my other gripe is that it took about as someone said on good reads it took about #300 pages or so or damn near that for the action to really begin and for it to really start to get good. so i did end up enjoying it quite a bit. but i didn't like the 3rd person though well i have i guess #5 more books like that before she goes back to writing in the 1st Person and i cannot wait.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 04:14:10 AM by pennywise37 » Logged
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2022, 09:43:10 PM »

Took me a long time because
1. The book was over 800 pages
2. I just haven't had a real consistent reading schedule this year, but....
I finally finished Up Country by Nelson Demillie.

One of those books, where I liked the story-but ended up really not liking the protagonist.  Ending felt like a cop out. as well.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
pennywise37

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2022, 10:06:35 PM »

it can't be as boring as a book my brother's mother-in-law  was telling me where it was about a woman who makes a quilt i think i don't even remember anymore than that cause it sounded so boring.  it was a book someone i think she said gave her in (1985) or she bought used i don't remember and my sister-in-law tried to read it and got bored to death by it and gave up on it.  though my brother's mother-in law did finish it in your book i'm sure things actually happened

oh i remember another thing the book was about an old lady of sorts who was making this i think quilt and it was a long one too which made it worse.

but i'm glad you liked the story, yeah it really hurts the story when they make the lead a really unlikable person to the point that if it's a film you will watch it maybe but it does not make for a good book. you have to like the lead i think though in Ed McBain's books the 87th Precinct there is one character called Fat Ollie Weeks and he's a racist and a bigamist.  nobody likes him on the squad they put up with him well there's a book i haven't read yet called Fat Ollie's Book i think from (2002) so it's one of the later ones the thing about him is you can put up with him but he's not gonna be a favorite character
pennywise37

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2022, 09:42:31 PM »

do you guys actually read or listen to audio books? or a bit of both?  and how in the hell can you guys read so fast ? i've never read  #60 books even when i would spend hrs reading when i was younger the most would be i think about #20 i think maybe #22 but last year i only read #14

which isn't much i did read a couple comics but i'm not really counting those on my list here.

i also updated my list here as well
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2022, 07:03:19 AM »

I can't do audio, but I read a LOT.  And I've always read quickly.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2022, 03:54:52 PM »

D&D 5th edition Players Handbook.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
pennywise37

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2022, 06:16:31 PM »

i don't think i can read as fast as i used to i mean i once well more than once read a Xanth Book pick one anyone in like 3 or 4 days and that's not something i can do anymore. though i did read a James Patterson book that was nearly #400 pages in i think 4 days so for me that's pretty good but than his books are generally fast reading anyways.

do you use goodreads?  i do a lot now, i read #14 books last year and it was the most i had read in one year in years. i'm currently on my #6th  book and that for me is still pretty good.  but i have 2 friends on good reads both of them do read from actual books and they also sometimes do audio as well.

one of them doesn't include his audio stuff on good reads though. i'm not sure about the other to be honest. the one i'm reading now The Last Precinct (2000)
by Patrica Cornwell is a paperback that's got #597 pages i just started it this week Monday night i think? i'm as of this typing #220 pages into it and for me at least in the past 10 or 15 years or so is pretty damn good i think. funny thing is i have to be in the mood for reading i don't get it i just am that way and so sometimes i'm just not in the mood to read until like Midnight or so last night it was a lot earlier than that thankfully.

so for me to read that much in what 4 days? is pretty good for me i think the funny thing is i had said to myself cause i don't always know when i'm gonna be in the mood to read that i wanted to reach page #200 by Monday Night   at the soonest but since i surpassed that i'm grateful and now i'm hoping to reach #300 by that time it's just my little goals i set for myself that's all.
Morpheus, the unwoke.
Bad Movie Lover

I am a Bill Maher Democrat. Deal with it.

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2022, 03:14:26 PM »

Last books I read were:

Solar express,  parafaith war, ethos effect and eternity artifact by L. E Modessitt jr.

Eon,  by Greg Bear.

They will come back, come back again, As long as the red earth rolls. He never wasted a leaf or a tree. Do you think he would squander souls?” ― Ruyard Kipling

We all come from the goddess and to her we shall return, like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
Sitting Duck
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2022, 08:06:15 AM »

Recently picked up Dragon Precinct, which I've heard described as Dungeons & Dragnet. One thing that has me concerned is the character of Grovis, who looks to be in the same mold as Frank Burns of MASH. By that I mean he's shaping up as a colossal moron whose sole purpose is to be unequivocally wrong in everything he says and does so that the other characters can bully and demean him with a clear conscience. I hope I'm wrong, but my current stance in this regard is to be cautiously pessimistic.
Morpheus, the unwoke.
Bad Movie Lover

I am a Bill Maher Democrat. Deal with it.

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2022, 07:13:48 PM »

I can't do audio, but I read a LOT.  And I've always read quickly.

We are of some similar temperment then.

They will come back, come back again, As long as the red earth rolls. He never wasted a leaf or a tree. Do you think he would squander souls?” ― Ruyard Kipling

We all come from the goddess and to her we shall return, like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
WingedSerpent

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2022, 11:48:57 PM »

Just finished Project: Nemesis

The first in a series of kaiju fiction.

WingedSerpent

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2022, 06:40:03 PM »

Dragon Teeth

One of Michael Crichton's novel posthumously released.   Not bad, but also felt like it was still a very earlier draft.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  2022 - TRACK THE BOOKS YOU READ! (Sticky please) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.