Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:32:36 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Strange Facts « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Strange Facts  (Read 4213 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2022, 01:21:47 PM »

Most streets in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia have no name. (So I guess that’s where Bono wants to go.)

If your riding a horse with no name, you should be just fine.
And it would feel good to get out of the rain.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 01:35:53 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
chainsaw midget
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2022, 08:53:02 PM »

Jack Nicholson was fed only cheese sandwiches on The Shining which he hated to get him into the right mood.

NASA shows the film Armageddon during their management training program. New managers are given the task of trying to spot as many errors as possible. At least one hundred sixty-eight have been found.

The Makeup budget for the movie Dallas Buyers Club was only $250.  It was THAT low budget.  The movie won an Oscar for Makeup and Hairstyling. 

The bees were bred specifically for the movie Candyman. They needed to make sure that the bees were only twelve hours old, so that they looked like mature bees, but their stinger wouldn't be powerful enough to do any real damage.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2022, 05:29:50 PM »

The prophet Mohammad was born without a foreskin.

You cannot lick your elbow.

I was born with an elbow.

I can lick my foreskin.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
chainsaw midget

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2022, 12:14:21 AM »

The 1904 Olympic Marathon was such a fiasco that it almost abolished the competition for good. 

Just to give you an idea how bad it was, one of the competitors was given strychnine, egg whites and brandy during the course of the marathon.  By the end of it, he had lost 8 pounds, was hallucinating, could barely move his legs, and had to be carried over the finish line.  ... and this is the guy that won. 

Another runner stopped to have some apples, which turned out to be rotten, and afterwards took a nap.   And HE came in 4th place.

One of the two black South Americans who ran (both of which who ran without shoes), finiished 9th place after he was chased a mile off course by wild dogs. 

Only 14 of the 32 racers who entered finished at all. 
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2022, 02:47:40 AM »

The apartheid government banned the book "Black Beauty" and television broadcasts too  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2022, 03:50:45 PM »

Vladimir Putin is 5' 7" tall, wears a size nine shoe, and he wants to invade Ukraine.

No chance whatsoever he's compensating for anything, right?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2022, 04:28:38 PM »

Vladimir Putin is 5' 7" tall, wears a size nine shoe, and he wants to invade Ukraine.

No chance whatsoever he's compensating for anything, right?

I think at this point he has gone undefeated longer in martial arts than Chuck Norris hasn't he (at least according to his PR machine)? I wonder if Russia has Vlad facts along the lines of Chuck Norris facts?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2022, 09:44:21 PM »

As hard as it is for us to comprehend, at one time the British did not distinguish between lemons and limes. They thought they were essentially the same, like red and green apples, and used the words "lemon" and "lime" interchangeably. This caused the British navy problems when they switched out lemons (which have high levels of Vitamin C and prevent scurvy) for cheaper limes (which don't have much Vitamin C), and sailors suddenly began coming down with scurvy again. No one could figure our why, since the sailors were still getting their daily ration of "lemons."

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2022, 10:43:04 PM »

As hard as it is for us to comprehend, at one time the British did not distinguish between lemons and limes. They thought they were essentially the same, like red and green apples, and used the words "lemon" and "lime" interchangeably. This caused the British navy problems when they switched out lemons (which have high levels of Vitamin C and prevent scurvy) for cheaper limes (which don't have much Vitamin C), and sailors suddenly began coming down with scurvy again. No one could figure our why, since the sailors were still getting their daily ration of "lemons."

That's a good one.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2022, 11:49:54 AM »

Cincinnati's international airport is not in Cincinnati, not in Ohio, not even in the Midwest.

It also freaked out Rainman.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Strange Facts « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.