Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:20:38 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Crazy SOB Actually Did it! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 54
Author Topic: The Crazy SOB Actually Did it!  (Read 73759 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #210 on: March 16, 2022, 03:06:49 PM »

What do people think will probably happen?

I think Zelensky is going through the motions of trying to get the US involved, but our hands are tied. We are a NATO member and its game over if we go in there.

I think Putin's rabid dog routine will work and Ukraine will eventually agree to not enter NATO in some sort of face saving way, like a 30 year moratorium on it.

Russia will head back home leaving some infrastructure in the pro Russia areas and western nations will fund reconstruction. It will take another month before this happens because of politics

this isn't necessarily what I would like to happen but I can see it going that way.
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #211 on: March 16, 2022, 04:31:12 PM »

I think Zelensky is going through the motions of trying to get the US involved, but our hands are tied. We are a NATO member and its game over if we go in there.

I think Putin's rabid dog routine will work and Ukraine will eventually agree to not enter NATO in some sort of face saving way, like a 30 year moratorium on it.

Russia will head back home leaving some infrastructure in the pro Russia areas and western nations will fund reconstruction. It will take another month before this happens because of politics

this isn't necessarily what I would like to happen but I can see it going that way.

Quite plausible outcome, maybe even the most likely, I'd lean towards a scenario like this as well.  I think your outcome is also actually relatively optimistic, in that I think this is one of the better realistic outcomes for Ukraine.  They maintain sovereignty and don't have a new government installed and get funding to rebuild.  Ukraine might even get back the section of Donbas they lost.  I don't think Russia will give back any of Crimea though no matter what happens.   
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #212 on: March 16, 2022, 05:40:14 PM »

Quite plausible outcome, maybe even the most likely, I'd lean towards a scenario like this as well.  I think your outcome is also actually relatively optimistic, in that I think this is one of the better realistic outcomes for Ukraine.  They maintain sovereignty and don't have a new government installed and get funding to rebuild.  Ukraine might even get back the section of Donbas they lost.  I don't think Russia will give back any of Crimea though no matter what happens.   

I think lester's scenario is likely. I think Putin will annex the Donbass regions (and as much territory as he can) and declare victory, leaving Ukraine weakened but still independent. Putin will attempt to install a puppet government but it won't succeed. Ukraine will agree to not enter NATO. Pretty much everyone comes out a loser, except that there will be some deterrence for another dictator to invade a neighbor (looking at you, China).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #213 on: March 16, 2022, 05:50:57 PM »

I'm not so optimistic. I hope I'm wrong, but expect the least.  Bluesad
For some reason I've had dreams since a child of mushroom clouds. VERY realistic. I know this is a stupid, occult type of belief, but this kind of sh!t has happened to me all my life.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #214 on: March 16, 2022, 06:00:49 PM »

The other day, I started working on a timeline of ww1 & ww2.....
While poxy support of the Sino-Japanese war complicates things just a bit, It's pretty clear in both cases that the United States was the "last" to get involved.....

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #215 on: March 16, 2022, 06:10:55 PM »

I'm still hoping for the removal of Putin - either into forced retirement, a la Khrushchev, or instantaneous lead poisoning, a la Larentvia Beria.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #216 on: March 16, 2022, 07:26:31 PM »

I think lester's scenario is the best that can be hoped for.

Well, aside from Putin's summary removal.

I thought I heard on today's news that Zelensky had said Ukraine will not be joining NATO.   Then it was suggested that Russia will insist Ukraine become officially neutral like Austria and Sweden.  Which would allow Ukraine to be both independent and to maintain its own military.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #217 on: March 16, 2022, 11:10:41 PM »

Russia, Iran, China... these are ancient, huge countries. On some level it's natural for them to be powerful in their parts of the world. All have at some point flirted with freedom and open ness but ultimately that will probably be a decades if not centuries long process. Our approach of waiting for change overnight is not realistic.

RC- but that scenario is worth considering.

One thing I learned today is that these people going to Ukraine to fight are not covered by Geneva Conventions. If they are captured they will probably shot
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #218 on: March 16, 2022, 11:27:47 PM »

I'm still hoping for the removal of Putin - either into forced retirement, a la Khrushchev, or instantaneous lead poisoning, a la Larentvia Beria.

Lavrentiy Beria was shot.   Thumbup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #219 on: March 17, 2022, 06:21:46 AM »

That's instantaneous lead poisoning.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #220 on: March 17, 2022, 08:18:50 AM »

Nata is posting and fed the pigeons again. I was worried about them.

My Russian FB friend hasn't posted in a couple of days, no idea why.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #221 on: March 17, 2022, 03:31:42 PM »

That's instantaneous lead poisoning.

Yes.  And so many were poisoned properly, hence my clarification.  I actually looked him up to confirm what I'd thought.  "Lead poisoning". 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #222 on: March 18, 2022, 08:51:06 AM »

Nata still posting, still feeding pigeons. Russians still shelling residential areas.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #223 on: March 18, 2022, 08:59:28 AM »

Shelling maternity wards and apartment buildings.
Makes me wanna cry.

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #224 on: March 18, 2022, 11:43:39 AM »

And compared to what will come if this goes on, things haven't even STARTED to get nasty yet.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 54
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Crazy SOB Actually Did it! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.