Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:15:51 PM
714237 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  True or False? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 72
Author Topic: True or False?  (Read 94693 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #150 on: August 14, 2022, 12:49:38 PM »

I am feeling good about my impending retirement.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #151 on: August 14, 2022, 12:51:14 PM »

I do hope that's true.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #152 on: August 14, 2022, 01:03:42 PM »

I do hope that's true.

I got word on Friday that our Director-General was looking over my early retirement submission and that's when it started to sink in what I actually was doing. I am torn between feeling OK and a bit WTF have I done.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #153 on: August 14, 2022, 01:38:16 PM »

If it helps, in my current job I am earning a bit more than twice the national average (and around three times the average local wage). Despite this, expected price rises in electricity and heating are expected us to put us in fuel poverty (where you are spending 10% or more of your wage on these things). I still feel like leaving is the right thing to do. Do I question if  I am doing the right thing or not? Hell yes, constantly. I am still planning on doing it though. When it is the right time you leave your job, you know it inside. You just need to be sure enough of what you are doing to take that step.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2022, 02:59:59 PM »

If it helps, in my current job I am earning a bit more than twice the national average (and around three times the average local wage). Despite this, expected price rises in electricity and heating are expected us to put us in fuel poverty (where you are spending 10% or more of your wage on these things). I still feel like leaving is the right thing to do. Do I question if  I am doing the right thing or not? Hell yes, constantly. I am still planning on doing it though. When it is the right time you leave your job, you know it inside. You just need to be sure enough of what you are doing to take that step.

Have they come at you with big reenlistment bonuses? An enlisted man I knew on-base said no three times til just before he left the USAF finally offered him a bonus of an additional year's salary up front for four more years, and he couldn't turn that down.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #155 on: August 14, 2022, 03:16:36 PM »

If it helps, in my current job I am earning a bit more than twice the national average (and around three times the average local wage). Despite this, expected price rises in electricity and heating are expected us to put us in fuel poverty (where you are spending 10% or more of your wage on these things). I still feel like leaving is the right thing to do. Do I question if  I am doing the right thing or not? Hell yes, constantly. I am still planning on doing it though. When it is the right time you leave your job, you know it inside. You just need to be sure enough of what you are doing to take that step.

Have they come at you with big reenlistment bonuses? An enlisted man I knew on-base said no three times til just before he left the USAF finally offered him a bonus of an additional year's salary up front for four more years, and he couldn't turn that down.

They don't do offers like that for us. Occasionally a pinch point trade will get offered golden handcuffs to sign on for longer, but you generally have to request them when the offer is open. As we have two applicants for every available job in the RAF, the bean counters are quite happy with the numbers of people joining up. They don't really take any account of the experience they lose or the time it takes to train someone new up (about 14 months of technical training school, followed by 18 months working on aircraft until you really know the system well enough). It isn't within my managements powers to offer me a pay raise by themselves (I am the highest paid cpl in the RAF currently because of a combination of circumstances that arose because of the last time they changed our pay structure combined with my refusal to be promoted), they can't offer me a promotion (not that I want one) and they can't even offer me extra time off. All they can do is offer me a move, and I am happy enough where I am. The only thing that would get me to stay in longer would be a full-scale war breaking out and even then, that is only because they'd just recall me anyway.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #156 on: August 15, 2022, 05:35:30 AM »

Lugosi only played Dracula in 2 feature length films.

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's true: Dracula and Dracula's Daughter?

Close- DRACULA and ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #157 on: August 15, 2022, 08:47:22 AM »

I once convinced a man that a bird had crapped on his head, by constantly staring at the top of his head and saying nothing.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #158 on: August 15, 2022, 09:29:02 AM »

I once convinced a man that a bird had crapped on his head, by constantly staring at the top of his head and saying nothing.
I'll be sad if a mind-freak like that isn't true.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #159 on: August 22, 2022, 10:45:45 AM »

I'll be sad if a mind-freak like that isn't true.

This is true. It was a very pale-faced guy who had the coincidently unfortunate name of White (or possibly Whyte).

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #160 on: August 25, 2022, 10:54:43 AM »

True or false about me

1. I am unashamedly an Uwe Boll fan.
2. My paternal grandfather came from Cornwall.
3. I crashed our family car when I was seven.
4. I almost knocked a former Prime Minister over.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #161 on: August 25, 2022, 11:21:55 AM »

I am sorely tempted to guess true for all four, but I'll say true to the first three and false to the last one (even though I think it is true).

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #162 on: August 25, 2022, 12:00:42 PM »

I am sorely tempted to guess true for all four, but I'll say true to the first three and false to the last one (even though I think it is true).

Believe it or not, all 4 are true.

In 1980, I bumped into someone at a store in Gweru, Zimbabwe and he almost went flying. I apologized, he said it was OK and Dad told me that I bumped into the controversial Rhodesian ex Prime Monster Ian Smith. 😳😳

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #163 on: August 25, 2022, 05:29:06 PM »

I have unintentionally picked up a handful of fragments from a human skull.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #164 on: August 25, 2022, 05:48:52 PM »

I have unintentionally picked up a handful of fragments from a human skull.

false

it was definitely intentional  TeddyR

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 72
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  True or False? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.