Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:39:13 AM
714431 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  It Was a Weird Fourth . . . « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It Was a Weird Fourth . . .  (Read 869 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: July 05, 2022, 12:42:30 AM »

The first time in the 22 years since we moved to our current rural address that we haven't set off any fireworks or had anyone over.
First of all, with both my daughters and their husbands living with us, there are 7 people under our roof - no place for company to sit!
And then, my wife's mom, who is 94, has been in the hospital for a week.  Since we normally have to provide 24 hour care for her, it's been a bit of a break, but she's been out of her head and agitated a good bit this week, so at least one of us has had to go up there and sit with her for some part of each day.
Last night she was really restless and confused, so my daughter spent the night and I got up at 6 to drive up there and let her come home.
One thing, when Dorothy gets confused like that, she will compulsively fold things over and over - Kleenex, the hem of her sweater or gown, bedsheets, you name it.  When I got there this morning Rachel had dozed off, and Dorothy had removed her hospital gown and was sitting there, naked as a jaybird, folding it over and over.  That's how my 4th STARTED!
We got her dressed and calmed down and the nurse gave her some towels and washcloths to fold, and after lunch she fell asleep and stayed that way for a good part of the day.  I did go over to one of my good friend's house for burgers this evening, but he is terminally ill and looked so thin and frail it hurt me to see him.
So I came home after that, and my wife Patty and I sat and watched the finale of STRANGER THINGS together.
Now it's bedtime.  Not a real celebratory day.

On the bright side, I can now drop the phrase "nonagenarian nudist" in casual conversation.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2022, 10:30:28 AM »

Sorry to hear that.  My Grandma Dorothy died 19 years ago today.  Grandma was just a couple months from turning 92. She had been in good health right up to about four months before she passed and had been living at home.  Grandma went to the hospital in April and went downhill from there. By the 4th we knew it was going to happen soon and she died around 5:30pm on the 5th, which was a Saturday.

Grandma never did anything that wacky as your mother in law did. Mostly just sat in a wheelchair to watch the world go by.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2022, 01:20:56 PM »

We should all be grateful for the good things we do have.  God bless America! 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  It Was a Weird Fourth . . . « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.