Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:36:41 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Odd Facts « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Odd Facts  (Read 5658 times)
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2022, 10:41:27 PM »

Today was the day Nixon resigned....

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
chainsaw midget

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2022, 08:38:21 AM »

No.  I'm pretty sure he resigned back in the 70s.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2022, 12:56:18 PM »

No.  I'm pretty sure he resigned back in the 70s.
I checked, and yeah, definitely the '70s.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2022, 08:42:20 PM »

Sunday our pastor was talking about trying to pray to God when you haven't asked forgiveness for your sins, and he said:

"Imagine if you'd been working for a whole week in construction in the Texas heat and never taken a bath, then go home and try to climb into your wife like that, what she would say?"

I'm pretty sure he meant to say "climb into bed with your wife" - but I wasn't the only one who giggled!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2022, 09:16:22 PM »

Sunday our pastor was talking about trying to pray to God when you haven't asked forgiveness for your sins, and he said:

"Imagine if you'd been working for a whole week in construction in the Texas heat and never taken a bath, then go home and try to climb into your wife like that, what she would say?"

I'm pretty sure he meant to say "climb into bed with your wife" - but I wasn't the only one who giggled!

That reminds me of the fur trapper skit on KITH, I think on the special at Buddy's chalet, and these two French-Canadian fur trappers had just come back from  months in the wilderness, and one says to the other, "Tonight I am going to make passionate love to a woman, then take my first bath in half a year."

Ha.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2022, 09:14:50 AM »

The Canadian government gave a $50,000 grant in 1989 to further the study of whether ducks can vomit with their heads underwater. (There's probably a link about this somewhere, but I heard it on Paul Harvey's radio show while driving with my grandpa as a kid.)

LilCerberus

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2022, 12:26:43 PM »

Real human skeletons were used in the pool scene in Poltergeist (1982) because it was to expensive & complicated to make that many fake ones....

The skeleton of Arch Stanton in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly was that of a Spanish actress who wanted to keep working after she was dead.... The skeleton was rented out by her daughter....

While filming an episode of The Six Million Dollar Man, a pair of stage hands accidentally found the long lost cadaver of Elmer McCurdy, a failed plumber turned inept bank robber....

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2022, 01:57:30 PM »

In 1970s South Africa, pinball machines were banned as winning an extra ball was considered gambling (illegal here then)  Twirling

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2022, 11:27:05 AM »

I did not know this til recently but apparently before she got into doing characters and impersonations, Tracey Ullman was a pop singer....? The first time I saw a video for one of her songs I kept waiting for the comedy bits but it was straight-up, and she was impressive.

Or is she pulling a long punk and I am missing something?

LilCerberus

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2022, 12:49:38 PM »

I did not know this til recently but apparently before she got into doing characters and impersonations, Tracey Ullman was a pop singer....? The first time I saw a video for one of her songs I kept waiting for the comedy bits but it was straight-up, and she was impressive.

Or is she pulling a long punk and I am missing something?

I'm just old enough to remember that....
Introduced to the US with her one hit wonder, "They Don't Know" & a brief scene in Paul McCartney's Give My Regards To Broad Street, she had been acting for a couple of years before that.....

A lot of celebrities used to put out an album or a single right before their careers were  about to take off, whether they could sing or not....

Most folks only now Toni Basil for her one hit wonder, Mickey in the early '80s, but she was a successful stage actress for years before & after....
But in the 1960s, she could only get small rolls in bmovies, her last being Mary The CallGirl in Easy Rider.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2022, 10:51:47 AM »

Abraham Lincoln is listed as one of the potential inventors of the Chokeslam.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2022, 11:42:09 AM »

Beloved BMDO contributor Alex just made me look up what a @#$% "Chokeslam" was.

chainsaw midget

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2022, 05:30:31 PM »

There were multiple attempts in Hollywood to pitch a sequel to Space Jam (The Bugs Bunny/Michael Jordan movie.)

Tiger Woods was supposed to be in a sequel with Micheal Jordan, then MJ dropped out and it was just a Tiger Woods meets the Looney Tunes thing, but it eventually fell apart too.  The director for the original Space Jam described the script as being strange and terrible. 

Looney Tunes back in Action originally started as "Spy Jam" featuring Jackie Chan.  Darn shame we never got that.

Tony Hawk was approached about "Skate Jam" but that idea was dropped when Back In Action underperformed. 

At some point there was even a "Race Jam" planned with Jeff Gordon. 
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2023, 08:10:09 AM »

You cannot sneeze while asleep.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2023, 09:18:33 AM »

I have been to a city where every single person I saw, including babies, wore some form of sunglasses or UV eye protection. Not a true or false, I actually have been.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Odd Facts « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.