Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:08:17 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Crappie movies with great endings? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Crappie movies with great endings?  (Read 1281 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: December 21, 2022, 01:13:41 AM »

I nominate Pete Walker's The Comeback with Jack Jones as a disturbed musician trying to finish his latest album in a supposedly empty house. The ending where he realizes that not everything he experienced was in his mind is quite eerie. 😳😳
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 09:12:10 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2022, 07:59:15 AM »

MANOS, THE HANDS OF FATE. Say what you want about that movie, the ending is chilling.
Same goes for SLEEPAWAY CAMP, although the movie it's not that bad, just mediocre.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2022, 08:31:16 AM »

Ok not exactly crappy, but the ending of The Mist took it from me thinking of it as an average movie to a "Wow, what the hell!"

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
chainsaw midget
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2022, 09:33:14 AM »

I can't think of the name of it now, but I remember one movie that felt very medicore right up until the reveal at the end.  It was kind of like Happy Death Day but it wasn't so tongue and cheek. 

In the movie, the lead girl gets attacked and killed by some man she'd never seen before.  Then she wakes up again and it's the same day.  She tried to avoid him but every day no matter where she goes she ends up getting attacked by him and killed. 

And it gets even creepier.  She sometimes sees his reflection in the mirror instead of her own.  Surveillance cameras can't pick him up, and when she finally does some research on him it turns out he was a murderer who has already been executed.  Also, the people around her, including friends and family seem to be hiding something from her. 

At the end of the movie, we're finally told what's going on.  She's in hell, and she is NOT the girl she thinks she is.  She's actually the murderer and she's going to spend the rest of eternity being stalked and murdered by himself. 
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2022, 12:15:44 AM »

I love the crazy ending to Nowhere.

Um, spoiler warning?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l7qco4q-nE

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2023, 11:23:49 PM »

Dragon Family is a bad and depressing Hong Kong action movie, but it has a terrific final action sequence, blending guns, fists, swords, and other stuff.  Choreographed by Lau Kar Leung, who you might know for his work on Legend of Drunken Master, Eight Diagram Pole Fighter, and many other classics. 

The movie is bad enough I don't recommend watching it, just watch the last ten minutes instead:

https://youtu.be/0uEYUz3khUw?t=4776

I can't think of the name of it now, but I remember one movie that felt very medicore right up until the reveal at the end.  It was kind of like Happy Death Day but it wasn't so tongue and cheek. 

In the movie, the lead girl gets attacked and killed by some man she'd never seen before.  Then she wakes up again and it's the same day.  She tried to avoid him but every day no matter where she goes she ends up getting attacked by him and killed. 

And it gets even creepier.  She sometimes sees his reflection in the mirror instead of her own.  Surveillance cameras can't pick him up, and when she finally does some research on him it turns out he was a murderer who has already been executed.  Also, the people around her, including friends and family seem to be hiding something from her. 

At the end of the movie, we're finally told what's going on.  She's in hell, and she is NOT the girl she thinks she is.  She's actually the murderer and she's going to spend the rest of eternity being stalked and murdered by himself. 

Sounds like Salvage?

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EssRq85tFKQ

That is a pretty slick ending.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2023, 11:42:22 PM »

The end of The Asylum's mockbuster ABRAHAM LINCOLN VS. ZOMBIES is quite poignant.  Lincoln has been trying to find a cure for an old flame who has been infected, and while visiting her he received a bite to the arm.  Knowing John Wilkes Booth has been looking for an opportunity to kill him, he pays a street urchin to let Booth know he will be at Ford's Theater that night, ensuring that he will die before he can turn into one of the undead.

Actually, that whole movie was far better than it had any right to be.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Crappie movies with great endings? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.