Main Menu

9 films that made me

Started by Rev. Powell, October 10, 2026, 12:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev. Powell

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

M.10rda

Good idea! Not the 9 best or favorite, right - just the most influential?

Rev. Powell

Quote from: M.10rda on Today at 08:47:38 AMGood idea! Not the 9 best or favorite, right - just the most influential?

That's how I interpret "films that made me." The movies I chose were all ones I saw as a teenager, early 20s for "La Dolce Vita." Looking back I should have swapped "Young Frankenstein" for "Bride of Frankenstein," but I didn't feel like redoing it.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Dr. Whom

OK

From memory, and in no particular order

Star Wars
Porco Rosso
My Little Chickadee
El Topo
Chinese Ghost Story
Ghost in the Shell
Les aventures de Rabbi Jacob
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
A Bridge Too Far
"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.