Main Menu

Manos, the Hands of Fate

Started by The Burgomaster, January 15, 2004, 05:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

I just watched that video file: now I want to tear my eyes out.  :buggedout: :buggedout:*

* I have never seen Manos before: after I tear my eyes out, I thankfully won't be able to.  :buggedout: :buggedout:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

VenomX73

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!

Alex

I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

Leah

So I watched this without the Bots for the first time and I can say that I would have needed caffeine to get through this in a single sitting without interruptions. Maybe to go as far as A Clockwork Orange type device to get me to sit through it all in a single go.
yeah no.

Newt

Quote from: El Misfit on January 03, 2017, 12:40:17 AM
So I watched this without the Bots for the first time and I can say that I would have needed caffeine to get through this in a single sitting without interruptions. Maybe to go as far as A Clockwork Orange type device to get me to sit through it all in a single go.

You may have no idea how relieved I was to read that!  It was a tough go for me and just a tad disappointing.
"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch

Pacman000

Haven't made it through the whole movie. It looks a lot like my vacation videos, complete with the accidental inclusion of the car window's side. Torgo is legitimately creepy tho.

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-2150-5-things-i-learned-as-child-star-worst-movie-ever.html

Interview with the little girl who played...Debbie? I don't remember.

Her dad played the Master & was what you might call the film's scene designer; he designed the costumes, sets, & did the art. His wife made the costumes. To their credit, that costume the Master wears looks cool.

Gabriel Knight

Welp, I finally watched the MST3K version of this film, and I must say, I'm a little disappointed. Yes, the movie was bad, but it had great ideas behind it, mainly the ending, which I think it was great. The problem is that all of this was poorly executed, and that is just a kind way to say it.

I'm not usually in favor of remakes, but MANOS, THE HANDS OF FATE really deserves it. It has this TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE kind of vibe, in which people end up in a house full of weirdos in the middle of nowhere. The characters of Torgo and The Master are great looking, and I would've loved to see more of Torgo's goat legs. The worst crime of the movie is that it's just plain boring; too many pointless shots of fields and blank stares. Not to mention, the music (with the exception of Torgo's themesong) is horrible, and has little to do with what we're seeing.

Even worse, the episode of MST3K isn't that fun to be honest. I liked it, but nothing compares to MONSTER A GO-GO. That movie is really, really bad, and the episode is still my favorite.  :teddyr:
Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2

Svengoolie 3

Quote from: El Misfit on January 03, 2017, 12:40:17 AM

When they did this on MST3K the mads actually apologized to joel and the bots for showing it, it was so terrible.
The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.

bob

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa, Villeneuve - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.