Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:21:39 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Trial of Billy Jack « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Trial of Billy Jack  (Read 67977 times)
Tommy Ceez
« on: May 31, 2005, 02:51:07 PM »

Ken, whats the insignia for the 101st Non-Fighting Chickenhawks look like?
A sane liberal
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"Why is it that liberals are thoroughly bent on revising history? Oh yeah, I forgot - the only thing that validates their way of thinking is fantasy"

This is a bit rich considering the number of "They wouldn't let us win" Vietnam P.O.W. rescue mission flicks were produced while "The Gipper" was in power.

Still, some of those movies were fun. This particular flick doesn't sound too enticing.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Wow! I can see what you mean. This movie is so bad, and I don't mean that in a good way, it hurt me just to read the review. But, is there such a thing as a negative skull? If you hated this one, then you'll probably tear your eyes out, after seeing "Billy Jack Goes to Washington." The Medveds consider it the worst film, that you never saw, because it never got a widespread release. And we'll probably fortunate, that it never did.
Sortelli
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I guess you can hang up your keyboard in shame, Ken. You'll NEVER make liberals look stupider than Furball does.
Ken Begg
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 07:57:06 AM »

Kind of like the Giant Claw, actually, on a field of yellow.
Erik Von Zipper III
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The only reason I went to see TOBJ was to see Bong Soo Han to his famous double jump kick take out two future Republicans at once. Up until about three years ago I was a conservative. That after was supporting Gary Hart in '84. Lately I've been thinking it's all about money and they're all the same. After the last election I'm sure of it. Anyway, that's how I heard about The new Billy Jack. I was listening to Alex Jones. I think he's on to something. Tom said that there's a war crimes trial of George W in the new flick. I believe the movie is in the can and looking for a distributor. If it gets wide release I can't wait to see Sean Hannity have a stroke about it on Fox. I don't want to take the focus off Bad Movies but, read Animal Farm kids, and beware of Big Brother.    
Ken Begg
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2005, 12:16:56 PM »

Thank you for your well-reasoned critique, Furball.
Uenac
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Yes, the movie is a bit cliched, dialogue seems very stale, but then again this was made in 1970s. On the other hand message of the movie is quite accurate. If you do not think so, then you weren't around in 60s or 70s.
Big Wet Furball
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I appreciate that Andrew avoids Ken Begg's ridiculous sort of display--digging up and licking Ronald Reagan's* dead ass, for example. This is why Jabootu reviews are so long: Begg has to spend ample amounts of time with every review setting up his basic premise: "liberal baaaaaaaaaaa...d...conservative gooooood...neoconservative even betterrrrrrrr." Begg doesn't want to say "Superman 4: The Quest For Peace" is stupid; he wants to use it to hammer you with the idea that awl Liburals is stoopids.

(Never mind that Liberals were right about everything in Iraq, among other things. Begg, a proud member of The 101st Non-Fighting Chickenhawks, will spend eighty paragraphs trying to gas you with some horses**t like this: Hussein was 'the' Weapon of Mass Destruction in Iraq, so if you twist reality the right way, Bush was, in fact, correct--and it's a great thing that thousands of US soldiers have died--and will die--to, um, er, "liberate" people he's never given a damn about in his life. I can only imagine how he's dealing with "Revenge of the Sith.")

Jabootu's like FOX News: you don't go there to get information; you go there to have your prejudices masturbated by the fellow faithful. That, and it's full of morons who are certain of nothing more than their own superior intelligence.

*Iran-Contra, James Watt, Alzheimer's, arming Saddam Hussein with WMDs, and massive deficit spending. What a legacy!

I suppose anti-war protesters in Oakland should be thankful that when local authorities shot THEM (in the back) as they obeyed orders to disperse quietly last year, it was with wooden dowels instead of bullets.
bill
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

This movie is why the hippie movement pretty much died out.
not this movie itself but the disjointed, thoughtless, skewed view of reality.  There were plenty of things about the established authority of the day to be unhappy about, but get real.  Things are so over exaggerated and the hippies are so full of love, but angry as heck at the same time.  The movie makes no sense, as did many aspects of that whole time period. I have seen the movie. And I would consider myself one of the anti-establishment crowd.  But this movie develops no sympathy for them even though is demonizes the establishment
Erik Von Zipper III
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I remember most of this movie, and it was heavy handed to the extreme. I doubt I could sit thru it without doing an MST3K the whole time. I do admire Tom Laughlins passion though. But, I'd still rather watch The Born Losers over any of his "message films". Get ready! Tom and Delores have a new flick coming out. From what I heard Tom telling Alex Jones on the radio last week it makes TOBJ look like a Little Rascals short in comparasin.
Jacknotbilly
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

It was a violent mob at Kent State confronting the National Guard. TWO of this mob were killed. There were two others killed were were not part of the mob but merely taking the normal route they took to classes and had every right in the world to be where they were; this is correct.

And there were others injured.

As Ken, the other reviewer, pointed out, there were not "thousands of shots" fired (much less into dormitories), as Jean/Delores claims, but around 70. Of course, that was too many. And there weren't a dozen such cases, either, even though one case would also be too many.

Things were bad enough just plain. You don't have to make them fancy. But one starts off wishing black were a bit blacker, then one sees grey as black, and finally white as black.

Someone here or on the other movie talked about how there was no spirituality in Christianity. I guess St. Francis of Assisi, St. Seraphim of Sarov, Dame Julian of Norwich, Mother Theresa of Calcutta, or Pope John Paul II (among others) don't count, do they? I noticed that this same writer talked about how Pagan spirituality (such as Native American) encourages the individual to accept his place in the universe--and in the next paragraph condemns Christianity for doing the same thing.

Consistency (or even truth) has never been a characteristic of bigotry, which exists on the left as well as the right.
Brian
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

It's amazing how the libs will use any oppertunity to insult those that don't conform to their way of thinking. I'm not surprised your people lost the House, Senate, and Presidency all in one election.

The moral of Trial of Billy Jack: If you don't think like us and hate everyone that has a different opinion, then we will hate you, make faces, and contradict our own beliefs.

60's - Global cooling will kill us all!
80's - Global warming will kill us all!
00's - Global warming will lead to global cooling and another season of Survivor!
Steven Millan
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Whoa!:those two reviews on both here and on the jabootu site are actually much longer than this very heavily out-dated movie,which definitely would never be able to have been made today(considering the post 9/11 times we are living in),for Erik is right that Tom and Dolores are planning "Billy Jack's Crusade",where they pass their leftist pacifist ways toward a eager new generation(Tom was originally planning a "Fahrenheit 9/11"-esque documentary called "Billy Jack Laughlin For Presdient",but passed out on doing it),which will really have the Fox New Chaneel crowd(and G.W. Bush supporters)talking should it ever get made.

Otherwise,bring on that longly-awaited review of "Billy Jack Goes To Washington" after you fully recovering from having seen,and reviewed,"Trial..."(as well as whatever happened to Tom's aborted,uncompleted 1985 feature "The Return Of Billy Jack").
mwallaceinslc
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Kent State was not "a violent mob".  It was college students going between classes, being mistaken for a mob by panicky National Guardsmen (at least the ones who weren't looking for an excuse to take students down).
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Trial of Billy Jack « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.