Main Menu

What movie is there that you think NOBODY hates?

Started by ghouck, December 31, 2008, 11:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doggett

Muppets Take Manhattan
Muppets Treasure Island
The Nightmare before Christmas
The Brave Little Toaster
Flight of the Navigator.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.

Psycho Circus

Quote from: doggett on January 07, 2009, 02:36:32 PM
Muppets Take Manhattan
Muppets Treasure Island
The Brave Little Toaster
Flight of the Navigator.

:smile: Flight and Nightmare, yes. The rest....blah!  :bluesad:

Doggett

What's wrong with the Brave little Toaster ?
How many kitchen appliances do you know that go on adventures...

Psycho Circus

Quote from: doggett on January 07, 2009, 02:47:42 PM

All my appliances go on adventures. They stop working then I lob them out the window.  :teddyr:

Doggett

Quote from: Circus_Circus on January 07, 2009, 02:50:11 PM
Quote from: doggett on January 07, 2009, 02:47:42 PM

All my appliances go on adventures. They stop working then I lob them out the window.  :teddyr:

You have to love them a little bit, baby them a little    :smile:
Then they'll work. :teddyr:

Doc Daneeka

So has anyone disproven Tremors, The Road Warrior, or Dog Day Afternoon yet?

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.

Mr. DS

Quote from: Jaer on January 06, 2009, 01:08:02 PM
The 'Burbs.
I've always thought this film was great and actually a bit underrated. 
QuoteThe Nightmare before Christmas
People gasp when I tell them I didn't like this film.  Probably my high distastes for musicals. 
DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall

peter johnson

Even my wife likes Tremors and Road Warrior -- we haven't seen Dog Day --
peter johnson/denny crane
I have no idea what this means.

HappyGilmore

Quote from: Circus_Circus on January 07, 2009, 02:43:04 PM
Muppets Take Manhattan
Muppets Treasure Island
The Brave Little Toaster
Flight of the Navigator.

:smile: Flight and Nightmare, yes. The rest....blah!  :bluesad:
What's wrong with Muppets Take Manhattan?
"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don't get too close, it's dark inside.
It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide.

Allhallowsday

I think I'm just the right age to, personally, have nearly zero interest in THE MUPPETS, though I do admire JIM HENSON (and "Bein' Green" is one of my favorite songs, especially sung by KERMIT) and I suppose I've found them amusing at least a few times over the years, but I've never been one to watch their TV series or the movies.  I do think THE DARK CRYSTAL is very good, though perhaps a bit uncomfortable near the beginning, a unique vision; wonderful. 

I'm with Darksider, I still am no fan of NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS, though it is wonderfully animated, and I actually like one or maybe two of the songs.  (And, DS, "musical" = "hate it" for me, more often.) As admirable as the ambition, effort, and beautiful results, like most of TIM BURTON's work, story is not top priority.  In the case of any animated film, story is everything. 

I would nominate MARY POPPINS as a film that NOBODY hates.  But I hate it.   :hatred:
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

HappyGilmore

Quote from: Allhallowsday on January 07, 2009, 09:59:45 PM
I think I'm just the right age to, personally, have nearly zero interest in THE MUPPETS, though I do admire JIM HENSON (and "Bein' Green" is one of my favorite songs, especially sung by KERMIT) and I suppose I've found them amusing at least a few times over the years, but I've never been one to watch their TV series or the movies.  I do think THE DARK CRYSTAL is very good, though perhaps a bit uncomfortable near the beginning, a unique vision; wonderful. 

I'm with Darksider, I still am no fan of NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS, though it is wonderfully animated, and I actually like one or maybe two of the songs.  (And, DS, "musical" = "hate it" for me, more often.) As admirable as the ambition, effort, and beautiful results, like most of TIM BURTON's work, story is not top priority.  In the case of any animated film, story is everything. 

I would nominate MARY POPPINS as a film that NOBODY hates.  But I hate it.   :hatred:
I agree with you.  I HATE Mary Poppins.

As far as Nightmare, I just can't get into it.  I like Burton's movies (more often than not, Planet of the Apes not included), but even as a kid, I was like, "Who'd watch this?"  I think when musicals are done well, they're not too bad. 

Muppets: Never really watched the show much, as it was off by the time I was born.  Did see it in syndication and on dvd.  I did, however, grow up watching both Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock, as well as the Muppet Movies.  They're fairly well done, with a sense of humor that kids AND adults can like.  People think I'm crazy that at the age of 24 I'm still a fan.  Henson and crew did a good job. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don't get too close, it's dark inside.
It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide.

Doggett

Aliens.
It's too good to hate.

My Cousin Vinny.
There are elements of this film similar to another...A cool chick who wears black gets stuck in a backwards town, hilarity ensues. I forget her name...

Ghostbusters.
At the very least you have to admire the theme tune :teddyr:

Psycho Circus

Quote from: doggett on January 08, 2009, 10:32:26 AM
Aliens.
It's too good to hate.

My Cousin Vinny.
There are elements of this film similar to another...A cool chick who wears black gets stuck in a backwards town, hilarity ensues. I forget her name...

Ghostbusters.
At the very least you have to admire the theme tune :teddyr:

After watching Aliens again, I realise I hate it. The marines annoy me sooo much!  :hatred:

Mr. DS

QuoteI'm with Darksider, I still am no fan of NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS, though it is wonderfully animated, and I actually like one or maybe two of the songs.  (And, DS, "musical" = "hate it" for me, more often.) As admirable as the ambition, effort, and beautiful results, like most of TIM BURTON's work, story is not top priority.  In the case of any animated film, story is everything.  
I'd say if it weren't for the musical numbers I'd probably like Nightmare more.  Good points on Tim Burton's visuals.  However I'd have to say in the past few years I've kind of lost touch with his style.  Perhaps its the pasty white folks in dark surroundings that has gotten a bit old for me.  

My Cousin Vinny.
Although Tomei (the cutie she is) and Peschi were great, I think Fredy Gwynne stole that movie in every scene he had dialog. 
DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall

ghouck

The Brave Little Toaster

Didn't that movie have a suicide scene and a murder scene in it?
Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution