Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:38:07 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Trouble Ahead For Fans Of RE-ANIMATOR! « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Trouble Ahead For Fans Of RE-ANIMATOR!  (Read 11902 times)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2010, 05:43:01 PM »

Or it could start a trend that will finish up with Cthulhu as a sparkly, sensitive, troubled soul, madly in love with an angst-ridden teen girl, even though the other Great Old Ones (also sparkly and effeminate) frown on their relationship.

You may be on to something, I've come up with some titles:

The Booty Call of Cthulhu
The Totally Secret Diary of Randolph Carter
The Boy Boom that Came to Sarnath
The Jamz of Erich Zann (For the life of me I have no idea what horrible slang a teen girl would use for music.)

There's also a riff on Pickman's Model that is eluding me.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2010, 05:45:57 PM »

Pickman's Next Top Model?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Vik
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2010, 07:54:43 PM »

:/
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2010, 01:26:21 AM »

Pickman's Next Top Model?

Bravo, sir. That's a concept that will make people flinch for years. (A photograph from life!)

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2010, 05:07:13 PM »

I Can't Believe They Want The HERBERT WEST Charcter To Be A "Ladies man" , Because In Both The Movie AND The Original Story Herbert west Hated People And Especially Women Because They Distract Him From His Work

And He Was A University Student In His Late 20'S Early 30'S And Not A Highschool Teenager

They Seem To Change It All So They Can Cash In On The Whole Teen Drama/sissy horror genre

.....Maybe Next They'll Try

Dreams In The Teenage Witch House
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2010, 04:05:09 PM »

Just three emoticons....

Question BounceGiggle Hatred

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2010, 02:18:55 AM »

Great. Twilight has officially ruined the look of horror for the next twenty years. Thumbdown

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2010, 06:53:37 AM »

Great. Twilight has officially ruined the look of horror for the next twenty years. Thumbdown

Maybe that's the REAL horror...

I sense the Lons, Boris, Riccou and Bela spinning in their graves.  Decades of dedication to a visual art form with roots in centuries of classic literature shotgun blasted to bits by one hack romance author.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 06:56:41 AM by ulthar » Logged

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2010, 08:14:32 AM »

We need somebody to mount a counter-attack. See how the Twilight crowd would enjoy finding teen romance novels populated with deformed psychos, mutant monsters, eldritch beings, and middle-aged heroes who are too busy f**king and killing to bother with relationships. (That started as a joke, but hell, I'd buy a book like that in a second.)

Then, after the opening salvo, Don Coscarelli, Dario Argento, John Carpenter and Tobe Hooper remake the Twilight series, with a cast including Sid Haig, Angus Scrimm, Bruce Campbell, Jeffrey Coombs, Robert Englund, Keith David, Cassandra Peterson, Pam Grier, Danny Trejo, a CGI Vincent Price and assorted eye candy with enormous knockers that they flash frequently.

Again, being facetious, but I'd be buying a ticket each time one of those Twilight movies opened.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 08:35:55 AM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2010, 08:15:28 AM »

Meh.

Lovecraft himself had nothing but contempt for "Herbert West - Reanimator."  He wrote it quickly, strictly for the money, and to amuse himself while doing so made it a cheesy spoof of Frankenstein.

I dunno, I just don't have the energy to hate anything any more.  The most I can do is shrug and say "the show won't stop the film from being brilliant."

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2010, 04:29:18 PM »

I have nothing but contempt for the word "meh." TeddyR

---------------------
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2010, 11:52:42 AM »

My biggest disapointment isn't that this is getting made.  It's that House of Re-Animator isn't. 

I was really looking forward to seeing Herbert West try to ressurect the President. 
Skull
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2010, 06:31:22 AM »

lol... slightly true, it'll be the next 10 years... First Scream then Saw and now Twilight... :)

WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2010, 09:17:00 PM »

This is pure blasphemy!  When a nearby movie shop closed down the only movie my dad bought from the entire place (liquidation sale).  He gave it to me (I was maybe 15-16 yrs old or so) and said "watch this, but not when mom's around".  My dad and I did alot of bonding over horror movies, I know sounds weird but it works for us.  This is the movie that taught me such important lessons as that just because your head has been chopped off doesn't mean you can't score with a coed BounceGiggle .  The beauty of the re-animator movies is their near XXX rating and trying to translate this to TV would dilute it to nothingness (I bet they won't even have any nudity or hardcore gore Hatred)

I agree on the twilight fans.  I heard on the news that apparently the kids these days are biting eachother.  They dragged out some health experts to discuss how this could spread tetanus/infections etc.  Bunch of dumbass teen girls were being interviewed showing off their bite wounds to the camera and talking about how awesome it was who knows maybe after this the teenagers will all be into being brought back from the dead.  Buggedout  Geesh, I'm not even 30 yet and I'm already complaining about the kids these days.

Ugghhh, lovecraft has to be spinning in his grave, I need a drink  Drink

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Trouble Ahead For Fans Of RE-ANIMATOR! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.