Main Menu

Do You Like Hot Dogs?

Started by Mr. DS, September 28, 2010, 09:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do You Like Hot Dogs?

YES!  They are the top of my food pyramid.
4 (14.8%)
They're pretty good.  I have them once every few weeks.
9 (33.3%)
Only at parties, cookouts ball games, etc.
7 (25.9%)
I can't stand those meat sticks!
1 (3.7%)
I've never had a hot dog.
0 (0%)
DarkSider has a small "weiner".
6 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Paquita

Quote from: Hammock Rider on September 28, 2010, 01:37:21 PM
I have a preference for Chicago style which is: a steamed or water-simmered, kosher-style, all-beef frankfurter on a poppy seed bun. The hot dog is topped with yellow mustard, chopped white onions, sweet pickle relish (often a dyed neon-green variety, sometimes called piccalilli, a dill pickle spear, tomato slices or wedges, pickled sport peppers, and a dash of celery salt.The complete assembly of a Chicago hot dog is said to be "dragged through the garden" because of the unique combination of condiments.
        All Chicagoans are required to memorize that ingredient list in Kindergarten. :smile:

Being Chicagoan, I get weird looks when I tell people I prefer low-fat 100% turkey dogs, grilled, with just a bit of ketchup (one of the few condiments NOT on the Chicago style dog). 

If I'm going to have a REAL hot dog, it's got to be a small Vienna beef dog, plain.  Some hot dog places have these horrible large hot dogs that remind me of baby arms.  Thankfully, I live rolling distance from a hot dog stand that sells the good stuff.

retrorussell

I love hot dogs.. the all-beef ones, that is.  I will no longer break down and get the chicken/pork ones because they're cheap.  Gotta have the ones full of beef and as big as possible.  I love to watch them split in the boiling water.  Perfect on a bun with ketchup, onions and shredded cheese.  Or in weiner wraps with cheese.  Gotta pick some up on the way home now.
"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."

HappyGilmore

I don't eat em as much as I used to, although I do like to eat them while down at the stadium watching a Phillies game or once in a while for breakfast (yes, breakfast.)  My friend at work makes this great hot dog sandwich which sees him chop it into little squares, and cook it up with some spinach, cilantro, and some green peppers and the occasional scrambled egg, then put on a kaiser roll.  Add some spice to give it a kick and it's great.

Also: A Texas Tommy.  A hot dog, wrapped in bacon.  Two ways: wrap the bacon around the dog and cook in an oven or wrap the dog in bacon and deep fry it.
"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don't get too close, it's dark inside.
It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide.

Allhallowsday

Quote from: Raffine on September 28, 2010, 07:53:44 PM
My monthly treat for myself for being a good boy and getting a haircut is a hotdog (mustard, onions, kraut) and a chocolate malt from the deli next door to my barber shop.
I once left the bag in my truck overnight and it smelled like hotdog and kraut for a month.
Yeh, and throw it in the garbage, it'll get to the landfill, and the Earth will smell like hotdog and kraut for eternity...
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

Newt

I'm not a fan.  They're OK grilled and if I am very hungry.  Smothered with sweet relish. 
"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch

Trevor

I like them once in a while: the hot dogs I had at the festival I went to were huge and tasty.

[Trevor clears throat] Errrmmmm....... I couldn't resist clicking on the "DarkSider has a small weiner" option, so I did.  :wink: :teddyr:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

retrorussell

I just bought some this week called "Angus Beef".  Those suckers don't look that big in the package but they really plump up in boiling water.  Poured chili, shredded cheese and onions over those suckers and I had a virtual orgasm of the mouth. 
"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."

AndyC

Quote from: retrorussell on October 01, 2010, 08:29:44 PM
I had a virtual orgasm of the mouth. 

That just doesn't paint a good picture for me. :bouncegiggle:
---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."

retrorussell

Quote from: AndyC on October 01, 2010, 09:01:56 PM

"I'll have what he's having."  :teddyr:

BoyScoutKevin

Not particularlyl, I actually prefer hamburgers to hot dogs, but my local cinema has hot dogs for a $1.00. So, anytime I see a film there, I make sure to have one of their hot dogs.

Umaril The Unfeathered

Quote from: AndyC on October 01, 2010, 09:01:56 PM

Uh...yeah.  This statement is property of TMI University :twirl:
Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!

Silverlady

Only if they are NATHANS OR SABRETTS.  And can't eat them too often. They repeat ... and repeat ... and repeat ..... 
Hold onto your dreams ....

Flick James

I will add that I enjoy a good corndog once in a while.
I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org