Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:01:27 PM
714160 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  CREEPY CARTOONS « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: CREEPY CARTOONS  (Read 24241 times)
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« on: November 01, 2011, 03:50:58 PM »

This one unsettled me as a kid, and still does....

Small | Large

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 08:48:59 PM »

This one from Liquid Television
Small | Large

And then there was this one from Sesame Street.  It's the beady eyes and unnatural look to the bird creatures mouth. Creeped me out as a kid.
Small | Large

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 07:45:45 PM »

Small | Large

Small | Large

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 09:29:11 PM »

Oh man.  I remember that episode.  It was apart of that animated movie Daffy Duck's Quackbusters.  A lot fun, but freaky.  This part sort of stays with me though:

Small | Large

Though the creepiest animated cartoon from the Looney Tunes was one that was sort of a take on Body Snatchers.

Small | Large

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 11:00:20 PM »

Small | Large

What were the producers on when they approved this?

yeah no.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 09:07:09 PM »

The Boogieman on "The Real Ghostbusters" was pretty durn creepy.

Small | Large

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 12:01:55 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNxQcIZ6ji4

Oh man, I hate that story in general. Little girl has these wonderful visions as she freezes to death. I know Andersen had a good point to make, but I don't know why people persist in thinking it's a nice children's story. It's tragic and disturbing.

The Rankin-Bass Hobbit film freaked me out as a kid. Aside from the trolls and goblins and such, there's something in that late-70s style of drawing and animation that I've always found dark and vaguely unsettling.
Small | Large

Small | Large

Similarly, I found some of the earlier stuff from Nelvana to be a little creepy for much the same reason. The content might be cute, but that distinctive 1970s Nelvana style was disturbing to me at that age.
Small | Large

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 09:38:51 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNxQcIZ6ji4

Oh man, I hate that story in general. Little girl has these wonderful visions as she freezes to death. I know Andersen had a good point to make, but I don't know why people persist in thinking it's a nice children's story. It's tragic and disturbing.

Adults think kids' love stories about death, despair, tragedy, and other uplifters like that.  Why else would most Newberry Award winners be so depressing (Island of the Blue Dolphins, Bridge to Terabithia, On My Honor, The Giver)?  Frankly, I think these people hate kids and just like making them upset.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 09:55:40 AM »

I know they're not intended to be creepy, but for some reason I find most of the very early Merrie Melodies cartoons from the 30s (pre-cursors to what became Looney Tunes) which were in Black & White and featured a lot of singing/dancing, creepy as hell. I love vintage 'toons from the 40s and 50s but those really early 'toons have aged so badly that they look like transmissions from some bizarre netherworld nowadays.

My kids have a DVD of old public-domain "Christmas Classics" cartoons and this one just bugs the hell outta me every time it comes on. Must be that damn "The Shanty Where Santy Claus Lives" song.

Small | Large

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 02:19:31 PM »

The 1960's version of THE LONE RANGER was kinda creepy....

Small | Large

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 02:51:54 PM »

Both Spider Man and Rocket Robin Hood visited Dementia 5 in the 1960s. Very cool episodes, but creepy and very surreal.
Small | Large
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 10:06:02 AM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 01:06:53 AM »

Small | Large

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 04:18:42 PM »

Clutch Cargo - a cartoon with real people's mouths on the characters' faces.  Check it out beginning around the 0:35 second mark . . .

Small | Large

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 03:25:09 AM »

It's claymation, but this classic has been scarring childhoods for years.

Small | Large

I just noticed that "Satan" has Hellboy's Right Hand of Doom! Fantastic.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Pacman000
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 02:07:43 PM »

I know they're not intended to be creepy, but for some reason I find most of the very early Merrie Melodies cartoons from the 30s (pre-cursors to what became Looney Tunes) which were in Black & White and featured a lot of singing/dancing, creepy as hell. I love vintage 'toons from the 40s and 50s but those really early 'toons have aged so badly that they look like transmissions from some bizarre netherworld nowadays.

Ah, those are the best kind of creepy cartoons!

Do a web search for Van Bueren studios, a 30's animation stuio which spun off of Aesop's Fable's Studios.  Weird, Weird stuff, their worst cartoons are probably their "Milton and Rita mouse" cartoons.  Milton and Rita look exactly like some other, more famous mice, but with worse animation, and adult situations.  They also have a "Tom and Jerry." No, these weren't a rip-off of Hanna Barbera's characters, Van Bueren was gone long before the famous cat and mouse team came about.  Just look them up.  It's strange, strange stuff.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  CREEPY CARTOONS « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.