Main Menu

Forum Update

Started by Andrew, June 11, 2024, 04:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

As part of a larger server update, the forum must be updated as well.  I will try to minimize the downtime during the upgrade.  My best guess on timeline is the evening of 11 June. 

This is a fairly large series of updates, and it might take me a bit to sort out any bugs.
Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org

Rev. Powell

Wow, honestly that's great news! A number of features (search, YouTube embeds) have been clunky or broken for the past few years. And it's nice to know ownership is still keeping up. Looking forward to seeing the updates.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Trevor

Quote from: Andrew on June 11, 2024, 04:48:46 AM
As part of a larger server update, the forum must be updated as well.  I will try to minimize the downtime during the upgrade.  My best guess on timeline is the evening of 11 June. 

This is a fairly large series of updates, and it might take me a bit to sort out any bugs.

Thank you Andrew 😊😊🐢
I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.

indianasmith

Good to see you on here again, Gunny!
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Trevor

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.

Andrew

Update is complete to the latest version of the SMF forum.  It took some troubleshooting, and I'll likely need to do more tweaking. 

The customized theme I had created years ago was not compatible.  As time permits, I will look into creating it again.  Going with this theme as the default for now.

A few more updates to the server itself are coming, and one is going to require some downtime.  The work is depending on administrator support from the hosting company.  I do not know a timeline yet.
Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org