Main Menu

Subcultures

Started by claws, August 13, 2023, 02:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claws

Medieval subculture is very strong here in Germany. Our town just had another Renaissance fair and concert over the weekend. And yes, it is kind of amusing when shopping at the grocery store on a saturday morning with people in medieval gear standing next to you. We also had lots of goth folk running around. Apprently medieval and goth go hand in hand.

There used to be a hangout in the next town where "punks" would gather, but they disappeared in the 1990s.

Are there any subcultures in your area?
Is it October yet?

ER

I guess the usual ones. I don't see many Goths anymore but I don't know if that's because the fad has faded or I'm just not around places to see it. I have some friends who are in the SCA and do Medieval reenactments. There's also a man I know who does Civil War events where they camp out and dress up and try to be as authentic as possible.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

RCMerchant

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

LilCerberus

Back in the '90s, most of the low end motorcycle repair shops that carried a lot of EMGO parts & had a few bikes on consignment where mostly close to this town, with the majority being close to the Jeff Davis HWY which runs through the middle of the state, convenient to everything...

These days, pretty much every thing is on the far side of town, an hour away in any direction...
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

Alex

When I was younger Goths used to hang out in front of the museum of modern art in Glasgow. Right now I don't really see any recognisable subcultures going around anywhere in any numbers.
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

indianasmith

Arrowhead hunters have a rather cool subculture, with their own terminology for everything and their own traditions and superstitions.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Trevor

Non underpants washers  :tongueout: :wink:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

ER

The Amish. It's a rare week I don't see Amish families around here.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.