Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:23:47 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Death Ship « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Death Ship  (Read 119398 times)
Aaron
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I watched this movie once when i was on a 'B-grade' Horror flick movie kick. I thought it might actually be cool. It wasn't.
Hajiv
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2001, 10:57:45 PM »

After watching this movie, I feel ashamed to be a part of humankind.
GoBulls
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie wasn't that bad...My friend said it was the WORST MOVIE EVER, but like it wasn't THAT bad...It had it's moments and made some sense...But yeah i guess overall it really wasn't that great...but not as bad as some of ya'll makin it seem. Lori's kinda good looking too, so that's a plus, see! haha
johnny
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2001, 01:10:52 PM »

Death Ship changed my life and we will all never be the same...long live the death ship! if anyone has a signed photo of george kennedy from this movie e-mail me, i will pay obsene amounts of money! the only things missing from death ship were slats and arnold brownswegger. the convincing special affects and great editing make this film a horror classic! All hail the death ship! : )
last voyage 1960
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The clip that you have showing the "international date line" where the ships are day and nite includes the engine room flooding scene from "The Last Voyage" (1960).  In that movie, they were trying to stabilize the bulkhead with timbers, and in this scene, as the water floods in, you can see the timbers falling away.

However, I too saw this movie quite a long time ago.  As one of those movies that they used to play on tv late at night, your mind is always in just the right mode for this type of movie.  And for that, I like the movie. Reminds me when I was a kid and stayed up way beyond when I should have!!!
DevilDoll
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I LOVE THIS AWFUL MOVIE!
This movie is one of the main reasons my best friend and I have drug-and-alcohol issues. We saw it on late-night TV in '91 when we were about 13 or so, in a haze of THC and vodka, and spent the whole time chasing each other around, screeching "No one leaves my ship!" and howling with laughter. Shortly thereafter, I showed up at her house again, dressed up in pirate garb with a rented copy of this wretched flick under my arm. After being locked outside with her neighbors snickering for about 15 minutes, she relented & let me in, only after I promised more vodka. Still, this terrible flick is solid gold crap! I wish I had a copy.
Greyfox
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2001, 04:05:55 PM »

I saw this film in the theatre some 20+ years ago--what I most strongly recall is that this was the only film I have EVER walked out on.  It was truely awful.
Thomas
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Well sue me, but I like this film, for whatever reasons… It just showed recently on cable TV in my neck of woods, though I saw it when it first came out, when I was a wee lad, and later at the Cinémathèque. The guy who mentioned "Virus" is right, though in "Virus" — which is much, much worse than this mother — they also blatantly ripped off "Moontrap". When a 50 millions dollars movies rips off two B-movies which,wouldn't come near a tenth of of the bill — TOGETHER ! — you know you're in trouble…
Rodrigo Rosa
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Well, it's not a good movie, but touched me anyway...it has good actors, a razonable story...but the movie could be better.
Death Ship, 7 out of 10.
Drew Bergstrom
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I read your review of this film, and remembering it fondly from my youth, ended my session thinking you were, to put it mildly, "lame".

I am SO sorry.  I rented a copy from Blockbuster (knowing they have all the new crap, but figuring they wouldn't stock a film THIS bad), and took it home.

OH MY GOD! My eyes were burning after only a few moments of mind-numbing, sense-shattering. . . nothing.

I have now come to grips with the fact that I was very, VERY, stupid child
Markus Kangas
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I liked the film - knowing its a B-movie to begin with - and
think its better than some of its competition such as the Devil's Triangle (another good George Kennedy flick whoohoo!)
psycho path
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Pretty funny movie,but can get pretty creepy at times!

6/10
Private Joker
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2002, 04:42:28 PM »

Are the only good movies George Kennedy is in the Naked Gun series and Cool Hand Luke?  It seems all his others make the guy who runs this site want to kick his butt into next century.
AlphaWoolf
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Yes, this movie is bad, but as others have said this movie definitely has something working in its favor.  The concept and atmosphere are pretty creepy, until we near the end of the film and George Kennedy literally blows the film out of the water with his overacting.  This movie made me realize that the concept is not too far out of reality - the Germans, Japanese, and even the British operated "death ships" in a few instances (nothing like the long-term carnage implied by this movie, though) during WWII.  I'll chalk this one up as an interesting failure.
Jaygrob
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2002, 07:11:28 AM »

I am deeply upset that this film is a bag of turd. I remember watching this years ago as a nipper and being petrified. gutted.....Is Death Boat, out soon a remake?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Death Ship « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.