Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:55:04 AM
712928 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Rocky Horror Picture Show « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Author Topic: The Rocky Horror Picture Show  (Read 161033 times)
shemp77@excite.com
« on: July 13, 1999, 10:35:05 PM »

Bad movie? This is the king (or should I say queen) of them all! Strangely enough, it's been bad for so long that now it's considered a masterpiece. I couldn't agree more. As far as horror goes, you'll find little here. Rocky? Well, it's got nothing to do with boxing or Sly Stallone. It IS one hell of a late-night, double-feature picture show, however. It's got singing transvestites (the songs are awesome), people in their underwear, laser guns, crazy hairdos, and...Meat Loaf. Don't worry, they kill and eat him after one song!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 1999, 03:12:49 PM »

Feh! This movie is overrated, even as a bad film!  
lisa.gooding@reichhold.com
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 1999, 02:29:55 PM »

This sort of movie obviously does NOT appeal to everyone.  But Dammit (Janet), just go see it live and have fun!!  That's what it's all about!!
From a Magenta look-alike...
a bear
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2000, 09:44:12 PM »

One of the very few movies I walked out of before the end.  Twice.  It just wasn't my cup of tea. One of the times, everyone was trying so hard to be a funny man, yelling out different punchlines over each other, you couldn't tell what anyone was saying either on screen or in the theater. It sure ain't no Plan 9 or Beyond the Valley of the Dolls!  God bless Roger Ebert.
Janet Weiss
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I love rocky horror! the songs are addicting-i couldn't get Touch-a touch-a touch-a touch me out of my head, and the cast is hilarious as well. I just saw this a couple weeks ago, and have already joined the fan club. Seeing it live is awesome as well.
anniesavoy@hotmail.com
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2000, 04:40:43 PM »

Alright, I have to respond to this "overrated" claim. Admittedly, I am totally biased and this has been my favorite movie for years now as well as being a huge Susan Sarandon fan to boot. However, the lovely Susan (a brilliant and popular actress to this day) is not ashamed of this film choice in her career. Although she said it was a horror (pardon the pun) shoot where almost the entire cast caught pneumonia, she's proud of it because she thinks that this will be the film of hers that will last the longest. Like it or not, this movie has gained international notoriety and embraced by millions over the past twenty five odd (VERY odd...) years.
Sean Finnigan
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2000, 04:58:34 PM »

Rocky Horror Picture Show is the King of badmovies by the way I'm listening to the soundtrack while I'm writing this. If you havn't seen this movie yet go out and rent it.
Riff Raff look-a-like
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

One of "THE" best all time Movies Play it again and again and again forever, I met Richard O'Brian.. f**king Ignorant son- of-a-b***h, still a friggin good movie!
Jed
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2000, 02:25:11 PM »

Well I liked the songs. (Time Warp & Saturday night are my favorites.)

But the rest is rather questionable especially the script.
Michael
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2000, 01:29:18 PM »

Do you have any idea how many times I've scored with girls I met at RHPS? The movie should be canonized just for helping the sex lifes of hundreds of people across the country
Stupid Jacob
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2000, 05:11:40 PM »

I love this movie! Great songs. I love "Science Fiction/Double Feature"
Althought, I didn't have to see Tim Curry in drag. Eeeewww.
Tracey
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2000, 07:48:27 PM »

I am do the song TIME WARP for our lip sync in our festivel and i really wanting to see this movie! im 13 and i wanted to know what its rated and if its a Bad movie! like is there any killing in it or anything just wanting to know even thought im going to get it anywasy!!
Anonymous
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2001, 05:47:17 PM »

I wanna say that the R.H.P.S show is buzzin it certainly floats my boat! n any1 who disses it needs their heads testin! n hey Shirley i think Frank is soooooooooooooo sexy 2! ROCKY RULES!!! (K)
Aimee
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Sad as it may seem, this movie has become an essence of my life!  I rented it on a whim (I love musicals) and fell head-over-heels in love with it.

As a virgin still waiting to see it live, I can't get enough of RHPS!  I am even a member of the RHPS Official Fan Club, and it is the proudest card in my wallet (I used it for ID once).  Love and treasure this movie forever... I know I will!
Licia, a freak
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Wow. This is the strangest movie I have ever seen....I LOVE IT! Even if I'm twelve, I have seen this about 20 times and every time I watch it I find something new. The songs are ingenius, the cast is amazing, and the storyline is bizarre. Not that he'd ever read this, but just in case: Richard O'Brien, you are my hero. Lol. Thanks so much for making the freakiest movie in the world a masterpiece. Columbia rocks!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Rocky Horror Picture Show « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.