Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:07:25 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Creepshow « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Creepshow  (Read 59374 times)
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I hated the one called "They're Creeping Up On You" with E.G.Marshall and the roaches with the scene about the ceral and the other parts. My sister made me watch the movie when it was on HBO in the early 80's and that last one made not to eat ceral like Rasin Bran for about four years.
Chadzilla
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Great flick, personal favorite.  I'd give it five slimes though.
Brett
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie has a very psychedelic style to it, especially "Father's Day". "The Lonely Death of Jordy Verill" is hilarious, "The Crate" is satisfying, "Something To Tide You Over" is alright, save a certain Cheers actor, and "They're Creeping Up On You" is a classic. See it.
harry potter
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The movie was very good and the "Fathers day" tale made
me afraid to visit graves,But the was cool.
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

What gives the film such an appeal, is the comic book outline. Of course, the top story, is the one with E.G.Marshall being plagued by thousands of roaches. Also, the Father's Day tale is creepy, and somewhat reminiscent of the Grimsdyke story from Tales from the Crypt(1971). Of course I am refering to the two main characters of both stories.
Jim Hepler
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

HAH.  I'd forgotten about the "WHERE'S MY CAKE!?" line.  That's one of the funniest moments in the histery of film.
Creeps
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I've always been a fan of "The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verill."  Funny for the most part, but becomes very disturbing near the end...to me, anyway.  What a way to go....
Wendy
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is one of my favorites! Although my favorite line is "Just tell him to call you Billie!" from The Crate. I think that's my favorite story, too, although I love them all! This movie is wonderfully cheesy-and I mean that with utmost respect. Also, this is the best acting I've ever seen Leslie Nielsen do... He's very convincing in his role. I must have seen this movie 100 times. Classic!
Warlord 101
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I've watched it since I was 6 years old.Always thought it was good.Never scared of it.I'm twice that age.The crate was
 my all time favourite(that and some of the Lonsome Death of Jordy,but that was when I was very young.).My parents always said the zombie from F. Day was M. Jackson(well I know what they meant now!).Again,the Crate was Brilliant(I'd
 love a Crate 2.) but the creature could be the yeti.Not as cuddly as some people would think.2ndly, this site's review was good as well("The what I learnt" didnt say anything about the reasonably poor "Something to tide you over".)
I'd give the film 85%.
Nick Murgatroyd
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I am Creepshow's number one fan. I have seen this movie probably around 70 times. (Seriously). It is the best horror films ever made and the greatest anthology of all time. If you haven't yet seen Creepshow, you don't realise just what the f**k you're missing out on! See this now!!
Also, I have my own amazingly impressive Creepshow website you can go check it out @ www.the-creepshow.com!

My favorite tale in Creepshow would have to be, Something To Tide You Over. An absolute classic.

See this now!!
Stu Baker
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is my 3rd favourite film of all time.

I first saw this in the cinema back in '82/83 when this baby got released. I remember being extremely tense through Father's Day at the time and now I've fallen in love with near about everything in the film from the scary King kid at the beginning, the fantastic (should of gotten an award) hand drawn titles at the beginning, the cool music and cheesy sound effects (my personal favourite being the synth at the end of the 'Tide' section), to pausing the video to read everything in the comic when you see it!

The lighting comic book effect is great. Although being really dissapointed with Creepshow II, I would love to see a Stephen King influenced Creepshow III.

You'll never have so much fun being scared? Sums it up.
James Perry
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is a 5 slimer!  I think the reviewer just made a mistake.

My family LOVES this film.  It's a yearly halloween tradition...saw the DVD in WalMarts cheapo hopper.  Good quality.

Favorite story is the one with the monster in the box.  Scared the crap out of me when I originally saw it.  Mom likes the Father's Day bit.  I spill my popcorn everytime pappy pops out of the grave.  But if you ask mom her favorite line it would be;  TELL IT TO CALL YOU BILLIE....  Funniest bit is when junior screams:  OH MY GOD!! in Father's Day.  Stephen King is hilariously cheezy.  

Kooshmeister
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Well, what can I say? I absolutely adore this movie! I saw it way back in the early 90's, when my sister's friend brought it over and we all watched it. Last month I got it on DVD, and it's a crying shame there's no special features worth mentioning. A commentary by Stephen King and George Romero would've rocked! Anyway, the movie as a whole is great, a work of art as far as I'm concerned, a brilliant concept thrown together by two of the best names in the horror/sci-fi business. But what about the individual stories? Hmm, let's see:

Father's Day
"Wheeere's my caaake? I waaant it! It's miiine!" One of my three favorites, because I just love the concept. of all the reasons to come back from the dead, old Nathan Grantham comes back . . . for cake! However, of my three favorites, it's the one I like the least. It starts off good, with a lot of nice buildup, but then it ends too abruptly. In particular, I've always thought the scene of Hank exploring the graveyard was far too long and drawn out, and came to a wimpy conclusion . . . I mean, we don't even get to see his head get squished! What a ripoff!

The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verril
"I'm growin'!" Meh, this one is okay simply because of Stephen King's performance as Jordy. If it hadn't been him, I'd really hate this one. it's got some funny bits, but it's too slow and comes to a very anti-climactic ending. And the makeup effects? Jordy looks less like a plant thing at the end than he does a Muppet of some kind.

Something to Tide You Over
"Heeere we cooome! It's shooow tiime!" Oh, yeah! Second of my three favorites. Very suspenseful and entertaining, and a good performance by Leslie Nielson in an unusually serious role . . . well, serious compared to some of his other movies. I just love the ending, too, with Richard's much deserved comeuppance.

The Crate
"He wanted to measure the bite marks, Henry!" Third of my favorites, and arguably the one I enjoyed the most. Scared the crap out of me when I first watched it way back when, but now I watch it all the time. Unusually gory compared to the previous stories (unless you count Sylvia getting her ehad twisted off in 'Father's Day'), but that's to be expected when there's a man-eating ambominable snowman running around. The scenes of Dexter sitting there, paralyzed with fear, watching the thing violently kill his friends is the stuff horror's all about. And do I need to say that the best part was when the thing got Wilma, er, I mean 'Billie?'

They're Creeping Up on You!
"Pratt! You old finkster! Oh, I hope you die! I hope you DIE! I HOPE YOU DIIIE!" In a word, gross. Upson Pratt is just about the meanest, most awful excuse for a human being to be found in this film. It was fun seeing him spiral into madness, before finally dying of a heart attack, as thousands of cockroaches invade his apartment. The only reason I don't really like this one is it's boring for the most part, like 'The Lonesome Daeth of Jordy Verril.' Still, the ending is classic. Seeing a swarm of roaches burst out of a dead man's chest is about the most disgusting thing I've ever seen.

So, anyway, that's my thoughts on the differant segments. All combined, they make one darn good, fun movie. :)
pred19
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Man, this is an AWESOME movie! I bought it for five bucks the other day, and watched the whole thing through for the first time. This is the epitome of a good horror movie: directed by George Romero, written by Stephen King, and with makeup by Tom Savini (the latter two make guest appearences in the movie!) It takes all of the comic-book style from 'Dawn of the Dead' and amps it up a trillion times. The zombies (particularly the water-ghost ones) are awesome, and the monkey-monster from 'The Crate' was even better! The whole movie was so stylishly done, with such macabre twists and murders and effects that I couldn't help but smile half the time. The music was perfect, the lighting was perfect (red and blue washouts whenever someone screams) and the stories SURPASSED some of the old EC comics I've read.

I first saw some of 'Creepshow' at my friend's house when I was eight or so, and it scared the hell out of me. I saw the opening 'Father's Day' one, and the zombie in that gave me nightmares, and I saw some of the 'Tide' chapter (which was even MORE scary) and a little of 'The Crate' (my favorite) which scared me for months to follow. Now, watching it for the third time in three days (hopelessly hooked) it's not so much scary as it is campy, totally over-the-top, with an incredible cast and excellent special effects.

My favorite is definitely 'The Crate', followed by the Stephen King one (the title is kind of a spoiler), and then the 'Tide' chapter with Leslie Neilson (who played an excellent madman). I loved 'The Crate' because it doesn't follow logic at all: the whole idea that a killer monkey from a mysterious 'Arctic Expedition' in 1834 is WAY cooler than if it had been, say, only ten years ago. It's much more genuine and faithful to the EC comics. The Stephen King one was just as good, albeit less gory, with really cool plant effects. I think he used that story as a basis for his novel 'Dreamcatcher'. That voodoo doll ending was cool too, although pretty disturbing.

I've been trying to get a copy of the full-sized comic adaptation of Creepshow (kinda ironic) but apparently it's out of print. Too bad.
James Perry
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Remembered something I had seen some time ago in the 80s.  A blooper real on TV's Bloopers & Practical Jokes.  It was a whole bunch of em from Creepshow.  So...why didn't they include them?  I guess too much freaking trouble.  Me and a friend spent weeks doing one of them.  From TIDE:

"You can't kill us cause we're already Dead"
"We're aaaalready, dead"
"You can't kill us we're already dead"
"You already said that."
{laughter}

It's very funny because they're doing the voices and everything.  
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Creepshow « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.