Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:38:54 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Maintaining the "What Was That Film?" Board « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Maintaining the "What Was That Film?" Board  (Read 122471 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: February 04, 2007, 01:30:31 PM »

Hey everyone, I am looking at this section and wondering what can be done to help organize it better.  My concern is that some searches are not solved, but fall way down and never get seen.

This was what I came up with as a possible solution:

Make a child board called "Solved" and move all solved topics there.  Also, make an "Unsolved Archives" section to use for topics that have not been solved, but have had no activity for a long time (months, whatever seems practical).

Any ideas?  The other option is changing the topic to start with:  "Solved" "Unsolved" or "Partially Solved" - depending on its status.

EDIT:  Fixed my spelling errors.  That will teach me to post when I do not have time to proofread.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 07:15:47 AM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 01:47:09 PM »

Andrew, it seems to me that the child board idea sounds like the most reliable way to keep an easily searchable list of both solves and unsolved questions.

Marking the subject line would still allow older, unsolved threads to fall out of view.  I'm assuming that each user can move their own threads from one board to another?  Or, is this something the mods/you would have to do?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 02:03:47 PM »

I'd say the Child board and some like on the title "SOLVED - name of movie" anything left on the main board is unsolved or in the neighborhood of solved but not fully "YEAH! That's it!!" solved.

Just my $1.00 worth ... you know inflation and all.

JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 12:27:19 AM »

I like the idea.  I keep on coming back to the section and sometimes I get a little lost looking for my entries.

The name is a good one too.

John

Cheers

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 08:17:26 AM »

im with cheezeflixs and if the person really wants an answer let em give a bump post to put it back up top.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 09:20:36 AM »

Drink Twirling Wink

Hi there Andrew ~ I have been coming to this site for the last two years and I find it great, which is putting it mildly.

The change (with the creation of a child board) is also great, thanks ~ I wish the IMDB would do something like that.

Warm greetings from South Africa to all here.  Cheers

Trevor

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 02:36:56 PM »

Now that I see what Andrew wants to do, it works for me. I just presume that the original poster gets to decide whether something is "Solved" or "Unsolved."
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 09:47:00 PM »

Now that I see what Andrew wants to do, it works for me. I just presume that the original poster gets to decide whether something is "Solved" or "Unsolved."

They have the ultimate say in the matter.  I just need to be careful about moving topics that appear to be solved, but have not been acknowledged.  Got bitten by that with Mr. Briggs' post (which I moved back).

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 09:53:18 PM »

What about a time frame or would that be to involved? Say like if it's solved or thought to be solved if the OP doesn't acknowledge it as such one way or the other in 30 after the last post proclaiming it solved, then it's solved.

Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 09:59:35 PM »

I was thinking that we would have an "unsolved archives" for films that are not solved, cannot be confirmed, and that have not had a response for a period of time (like a month).  If the solution looks dead on, I will move it to the "solved" board without confirmation.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 03:34:11 AM »

I think the record for the longest time for us to figure out what movie we were looking for was for this short film:
People Eating Film Reel

I asked the question sometime in 2001 or 2002 and it was finally answered recently in January 2007, almost 5-6 years later!
Andrew was the one who found it...and by mistake while looking for another movie.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 03:36:13 AM by Ashthecat » Logged
DRGIGGLES
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 10:55:59 AM »

How do i take my solved question into the solved category
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 10:57:57 AM »

How do i take my solved question into the solved category

Just post a reply saying that the search is solved and one of the mods will move it over.  I went ahead and did so for your post.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
316zombie
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 04:23:13 PM »

an a new member,i'd like to say that i really like the archival sections,i hope maybe i can help with some unsolved stuff!and i look forwrad to reading the sloved stuff,it will probably help me,too!thanks for this website,andrew!
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 06:44:18 PM »

I like it, it will be a big help for those who vaguely remember movies from a while back but not the title.  I can't wait until I can REALLY help someone out.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Maintaining the "What Was That Film?" Board « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.