Main Menu

World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)

Started by Scott, April 03, 2007, 12:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyGilmore

"If You Only Knew" by the WWF Wrestlers.  From "Piledriver: The Wrestling Album 2."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX7kL-y5K2I

Piledrivers abound.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARGAdIiLblM

Steve Austin Tribute. Cult of Personality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4zxxsPTO7o
"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don't get too close, it's dark inside.
It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide.

HappyGilmore

Quote from: VenomX73 on September 11, 2013, 02:11:58 PM
Imo this was the BEST wresting game ever made. WWF Wrestlefest arcade.

What was YOUR favorite wrestling game?
Me...I still play WWF No Mercy for the N64.  Great graphics, roster, etc.

VenomX73

QuoteMe...I still play WWF No Mercy for the N64.  Great graphics, roster, etc.

Yes. That was awesome... my 2nd favorite. :thumbup:
Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!

bob

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

JaseSF

I'm really enjoying the Administration angle going on in WWE right now. Just wish they wouldn't throw away Zack Ryder and Justin Gabriel as fodder for the Shield. Would really like to see those guys step up as surprise contributors in support of Daniel Bryan. Triple H and Stephanie are delightfully evil and twisted and one just wants to see their eventual comeuppance hopefully after a good, sustained long build. Still find Orton rather bland as the face of WWE though although at least he seems to have gone back to being the Viper who doesn't give a damn about injuring others once more. Too bad they don't have some charismatic young talker to fit that role instead...Cody Rhodes perhaps could be adapted to it, maybe?

TNA meanwhile is trying to recycle the 2011 CM Punk angle with AJ Styles and Dixie Carter. Sadly while Styles is a terrific wrestler, Carter has been terribly unconvincing in her role as evil b***h so far. She's no Mr. McMahon, that's for sure. TNA has fantastic wrestlers, their storylines however tend to be utter crap.
"This above all: To thine own self be true!"

VenomX73

bob

Quote from: JaseSF on September 29, 2013, 08:49:57 PM

TNA meanwhile is trying to recycle the 2011 CM Punk angle with AJ Styles and Dixie Carter. Sadly while Styles is a terrific wrestler, Carter has been terribly unconvincing in her role as evil b***h so far. She's no Mr. McMahon, that's for sure. TNA has fantastic wrestlers, their storylines however tend to be utter crap.

To be fair TNA was fantastic before Hogan came in and turned everything to complete and utter crap.
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

HappyGilmore

Quote from: bob on October 03, 2013, 09:56:59 PM

To be fair TNA was fantastic before Hogan came in and turned everything to complete and utter crap.
Depends which era you watched. I watched TNA during the weekly ppv's on Wednesday's. I was shocked it lasted. Once they got to Spike, they had a decent run. Can't entirely blame Hogan. There's writers and executives above him. Although, he obviously has some influence.

HappyGilmore

HappyGilmore

cqmorrell

Quote from: HappyGilmore on October 04, 2013, 04:48:49 PM
Quote from: bob on October 03, 2013, 09:56:59 PM

Depends which era you watched. I watched TNA during the weekly ppv's on Wednesday's. I was shocked it lasted. Once they got to Spike, they had a decent run. Can't entirely blame Hogan. There's writers and executives above him. Although, he obviously has some influence.

TNA would be in much better shape, financially and otherwise, if for once they decided to stop with the potshots and focus on ironing out all the problems with their own company before they even acknowledge there's such a thing as "WWE". Paying your talent is more important than getting four world title designs in six years, Dixie.

JaseSF

Building your talent is also very important too. TNA has always been terrible at that.  AJ Styles, Bobby Roode & James Storm are about the only guys they really built up over the years and nowadays only Styles is taken seriously out of them. Guys like Sting and Angle and Hardy should have been used to put over bright up and coming talent or at least build them up. Some of the celebrities, MMA guys and other non-wrestling athletes they've had on there had to have been a terrible waste of money over the years too. The best period I liked TNA was when Samoa Joe first came in and was feuding with Styles and Christopher Daniels, also liked some of the Raven stuff even if his career was on its last legs and some of the AMW (Storm & Harris) stuff believe it or not. They had some great tag feuds so I guess that was what - 2004-2006? Nowadays I like Austin Aries, Chris Sabin but those two should be battling each other - not in some four way gimmick match. TNA's storylines are terrible these days...Sabin turning heel has some mild interest. The rest seems so forgettable although Bully Ray had a decent match with Ken Anderson a few weeks back on there. I find that TNA tends to build to a potentially interesting match only to normally turn it into some horrible gimmick match...think they have a long history of doing that actually.
"This above all: To thine own self be true!"

VenomX73

Curt Hennig aka Mr. Perfect and Scott Hall aka Razor Ramon. 1985.

HappyGilmore

ECW!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0rwPCdomjU

Sandman's return to ECW gets a huge pop.  For a small arena...it's loud.  And great seeing everyone singing Metallica.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etF5YdJwBmY

cqmorrell

Don't know if this is "off topic" here or not, but how many people are looking forward to WWE 2K14's release?